Tree of Savior Forum

GvG consent needed?

that’s what i mean, on Reddit post bigger guild start a war against much smaller guild.

Keep war with no consent and make it so if you leave a guild you have a 1 week penalty before you can join another guild. Pretty simple fix when it comes to people jumping guilds.

Imo i prefer a war decleration that will kick in after a certain amount of time if the other guild does not agree.

1 Like

Lol? no… half the people in the world are sadist in nature… there are going to be guilds that declares war on all the soft targets, aka PvE guilds, and camp in dungeon entrances, farming spots, etc.
These people derive pleasure from other people’s misery.

IMC should have PvE and PvP servers.
PvP people want PvE players in their server so they can abuse them. But no PvEer want PvPers going around killing them every 5 seconds.

In 1 year, you will have big PvP guilds charging PvE players for protection money and running the entire game. In fact, I’m not going to be surprised that PvEers will soon have to wire real life money to multiple PvP guilds to play the game without constantly getting killed.

Considering that this game have different builds for PvE and PvP, PvE people will never be able to fight back against PvPers and since as you said there’s no penalty with regards to getting PKed, there is NOTHING to stop PvPers from harassing PvEers non-stop every second of play.

Because the PvP group is more vocal, all the MMOs focus on PvP, PvE gets ignore, and now people who don’t want to PvP have few MMOs to play.

9 Likes

GvG was is what got my friends interested in this game… reading how the market/trade works is what made them tell me “go play alone”.

3 Likes

It’s impossible for one guild to do it more than 50% of the time because of the cooldown on wars. The PvErs can opt out of guild wars entirely by simply not placing a guild tower, so it’s impossible for other guilds to declare war on them. Having a guild tower is the reward for taking the risk of GvG.

The rest of your post isn’t happening when the system is put into practice, as it was in kToS. You’re speculating that international players will be different, but that hasn’t been determined yet.

It’s usually the other way around. WoW, the standard-setter for modern MMOs, had its main focus on PvE raids, had PvE servers, and did things like filling towns with powerful NPC guards that gave opposing PvPers repair bills.

This is a false rumor. Do you see it in any patch notes? The source was a troll on reddit (an untrustworthy site full of misinformation), and it spread to a thread on here where it was debunked and locked due to flags.

Just…don’t let it go too far.

Because I don’t doubt that some guild will just declare war/attack tower while nobody’s around to kill it and then avoid any actual fighting for the rest of the duration.

Some way to let guilds who just want to PvE do their own PvE thing would be nice as well.

2 Likes

As an explorer, I do get mad if someone get in my way of progress by KS or killing me multiple times ~_~

is no fun having someone get in the way of your peace…

2 Likes

Well I am sorry, I just can’t play a grindy MMO, to get better gear, to grind better mobs to get better gear, ect ect, on and on until your brain explodes.

Interesting systems like these guild war ones, are the only thing that myself and probably a lot of others will keep coming back for.

1 Like

if you don’t like grinding until your brain pops up…

you are on the wrong game… just saying xD

3 Likes

You know that by the time the game has a proper GvG system that matches the standards of WoE, the time spend for grinding just to have a charchter that doesnt get roflstomped instantly will be insane?

IMO, either you start now and play PvP for the ranking and GvG for the lulz or fame, or you just don’t play the game at all, you wont be botherd to cover all the grind you missed later on.

But thats just me assuming things ^_ ^

Or you’re in the wrong game, that offers GvG, and you’re worried about dying over and over, it could be said both ways.

Not true, I can ignore PvP and never enter a guild…

you cant evade PvE at all

3 Likes

Could there not be an option to set a ‘type’ of guild. Like a guild that is a “War” type and a guild that is “Neutral” type.

Where War guilds are open to GvG and the Neutral guilds are able to PvE in peace.

[man I get home from work and this thread has exploded o-o]

5 Likes

Sooo what your saying is, that by having a non consent to guild wars, it makes both pvp and pve’rs happy?

Ok cool, happy we are on the same page then.

thanks for agreeing with me that non consent guild wars get in the way of pve and peaceful guilds that don’t care about pvp stuff…

So happy we are on same page :unamused:

see I too can pull things out of my :mute:

3 Likes

In my opinion i think War should NOT be consent cause its war…

and simply if,
your guild is being bullied then it’s your guilds fault for being weak survival of the fittest :smiling_imp:

Just my opinion :grin:

Wasn’t pulling anything out of my ass.

You said

Not true, I can ignore PvP and never enter a guild…

So you can easily avoid the content you don’t want to do, by not joining a guild, you said it your self.

There’s guild events, which is PvE content, that many will want to do, because it’s PvE.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure many people here that are “pro” no consent to war are probably gonna be really bad at ranked pvp lmao. People that enjoy open pvp or a system like this(ie. A system that allows you to fight someone that maybe doesnt want to fight you) are people that usually arent good at pvping someone that also wants to pvp

3 Likes