Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

. So HL damage skills will fall of hard after r8. So basically you’re wasting 3 circles to take skull swing. Nowdays bosses die too fast to we care about party play with highlander.

@Lostac
I doubt we can get +2 from venier in pets since pets give us specified stats each type of pet.
[/quote]

i don’t think that the dmg of HL skills will fall hard, sure you wouldn’t be able to spam skylinear of 100k like doppel c3, still as a filler rotation during epee cd you could put some serius nasty dmg with lunge… still for max dmg barbc1 is mandatory in that variation, regardless the p.atk … you need sissels… and upgraded venier and trans… is just a pain in the ass but the boost is totally worthed, but i as a high3barbdoppel2… the pain to level a single target monster is painful. as a high3fencer i couldn’t think of how much of a horror it might be… still my doppel2 and skyliner in 60 without trans and a measly magi at +5 can output 54-56k on a bleedable target with skylinear (each of 27k or more) so it isnt that bad, is just not optimal, but far away from bad (my fencer at 280 is a total trash with rodelero on it).
well coming back to ot:
i’m leveling a peltarode while i’m bored of my doppel (268 without touching any card 10 or 11… haven’t done quest since storage quarter) and how horrid my fencer is… still i have the core gear (maxpeta, 2 sissels and a VENIER) and said to myself why we don’t try something creative?
and since i like the custom clothes of sword3 it resulted on this:

you could call me a madmen for not picking peltasta but with the upcoming changes i don’t think leveling will be too hard, planning on going 1:2 str:dex until i reach the crit cap then going all out on str, i’m open to suggestion, and the reason behind that is getting as much p.atk from buff even its a measly 100p.atk since the formula with epee garde make them not worthless anymore, pain barrier always come in handy, barb2 is for warcry and cleave, seims is a nice addition but nothing more than that and flanconnade is godly for demon lord tanking. soo what do you think, i will go no matter what sword3 but what would you change or suggest for that kind of build.

Honeslty the discussion of damage falling off feels quite pointless given everything that isn’t stabing from pre-Fencer ranks becomes Epee Cooldown filler regardless as far as damage skills go, thus it just ends up depending on what kind of utilty you prefer to use in the downtime.

if i place
cartar, skyline & crosscut lv 50
sept, lunge, composee lv 50
tomb lord card x7

ill can beat or battle some damage on world bosses with other ppl ?

(my build = sw1 > pelt1 > high2 > cors1 > fencer 2)

Transcendence is good at all for Venier? I mean more than 1 stage?

yest, but it need to be refine at high level to be worth.

I posted something similar in this thread:

Skyliner+Crosscut combo alone can easily deal 50k against Cloth mobs with 0 attribute. Catar can deal another 12-14k per overheat to Plate mobs with 0 attribute invested.

But against Leather mobs, you will just want to spam Composee all day.

That’s my experience with HL2>Corsair Fencer. Tbh, I kinda regret going this route since it lacks Stun from Barb. There are situations where 3 Dust Devils overheats weren’t enough

Look at me AA all day. SW3>PELT>COR

If you like Fencer, it pays off. I like face tanking and watching other swordies running around dodging attacks. The only reason I’m still playing Fencer.

Thats why I will suffer til reach rank 7.

Personally speaking, I say yes. I don’t think any Rapier can compensate the lack of +2 skills (unless they decided to release a 1k base damage Rapier lol), so I’m gonna be stuck until I get a Lolo Rapier.

I’ll probably transcend my Venier up to level 4, but imo you need to get at least +10 enhancement for it to pay off.

What do you think of the barb variant sw3>pel1>barb1 for fencer? You prefer more the utility of corsair over the slash debuff?

Barb1 in this case has almost nothing to offer except for slash debuff to boost flaconade, but i don’t know if someone use flaconnade to do damage. In this case, I would take highlander over barb1 for crossguard, cartar and crown.

AA all day till rank 6 is super easy to do. Arde+Velniup+Cafrisun are all you need. Simple questing a little bit past Dina Bee and you will have more than enough cards to reach r6

After 120 cafrisun will getting a hard time. Kinda boring in missions set flag, taunt, pain barrier holding C to AA with dagger and over and over…
I fell like a john armless.

I’m personally not transcending venier. I’m not that thirsty for a quick power spike.

I use Cafrisun till at least 170 on all my alts. Tbh, you will rely on AA till r7 anyway

A very long boring way :unamused:

@kradenmike4
I’m thinking in do the same aswell.

Playing Swordsman is boring anyway. Deal with it

1 Like

Hehe.
Now let me take a relax moment in my bed with my wife.

PS: Watching the walking dead