Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Bro, is fleche and balestra fente really hit 10mob? No need aoe rate?

Yes, 10 targets ever.
I must go now, in 2 hours I come back.

at a point in the game where Ive seen Fencers hitting 20-40k+ per crit thanks to Epee.
I don’t thing -3k is gonna be THAT big of a difference…

Nice, better sell gladiator for sissel

Right away. Your team name is the same as your username? I believe I saw your name sometimes in shout.

35m more exp to go. :frowning:

They recently buffed warcry in KTOS as well.

I personally haven’t seen fencers hit 120k crits per hit on sept etoiles, lunge, etc or do you mean balestra fente? If you have a video, please share.

Nah, I was thinking of another video, my bad, i already edited it

anyways, thats the buff i was talking about, is that a c2 or c3 attribute?

I think that KTOS buff is not an attribute but the warcry attribute right now on both version is c3 which gets 5 more targets affected.

I know about the attribute.
What im saying is that, if this:

Is available at c2 then you could live without Barb3

Warcry also got a damage bonus on kTOS based on the affected monsters level with potential to go up to 660 IIRC (330 form lv 10 + attribute +330 lv cap) , but I’m not sure how it scales per level and how much you could get with only Warcry 5.

Anyone have the new formula?

its not +330 lvl cap its only 330 with the add target attribute, equaling 660 total
165 without the attribute, and 95 at lvl 5 = 260.

Unless the overall formula for Warcry changed during my hiatus…

(And I miscalculated in my post above)

even still if 150 Physical dmg actually translates to 2.7k then the damage difference between lvl 10 + max attribute and lvl 5 is only about 5.4k, which is still not a HUGE amount of dmg diffrence.
even if your only hitting 25k

I mean yeah fencer builds are just a matter or preference really. At least that’s what it’s looking like to me.

Yeh, for the most part all of Fencer’s dmg comes from is own kit.
All you really need from your lower classes is utility and AOE/CC if possible.

or debuffs, that’s when highlander comes into the fencer kit

More people should have this mindset so they can cross guard and skull swing the world bosses for those of us that choose not to go highlander

people who does this is giving free dmg to all the other parties, so, people who cleary shouldn’t go to kill WB.
Anyways, i see highlander as a debuffer, not a dpser, more utility to fencer later on high ranks

I just dont think that Highlander “fits” Fencer…
And this is just my opinion but… None of HL’s debuffs work for fencer…
Fencer gets no benefit from bleed besides having a DOT…
Shock is OK but since we dont know the math on it i cant give it the "OK"
and Cross Guard requires me to go light in DEX since dodge takes priority over block…
And I’ll “LOL” at a low DEX fencer now that Epee Stance exists…
Plus I’m personally not a fan of needing to weapon swap for extra dmg or waiting around for a lucky block just too boost my dmg.

And we already have a KD via Bash…

Oh and Fencer already has a personal Armor break that works for 99% of its Kit…
so theirs no point in wasting 3 ranks for that other 1%

the only REAL reason you go HL is slash coverage, Which IMO Babs wins at this…
because lts be honest-
The ClaveChopper combo beats CrossLiner in terms of reliability vs mobs.
Plus Cleave dosent have to wait for Helm Chopper to come off CD as it can still get its boost from a Seism stun… And to top it off Cleave can boost itself and the skill giving it the 3x dmg boost!

Barb also provides slight AOE coverage with a high damage slash skill (Something that fencer lacks.)
And Pouncing alone bating out everything in HL’s kit, in terms of raw DPS.

And while CrossLiner is better at bossing, but it cant compare to the Fencer Kit vs a Boss…

Everyone knows that barb is better overall, but going highlander is also a good option, specially if you focus on party play.

I’s sure 80% of all the fencers have barb in the build just because of that, but everyone knows that fencer alone deals massive dmg just by it’s own, so it’s better to get classes that help fencer, not by adding damage, by adding utility.

While barb has good skills and cc i find it quite powerful with those buffs it got, i think highlander gives more utility, not to the fencer alone, to everyone by debuffing the enemies, and those debuffs won’t feel weak at high level (imc said they play to go to lvl 500+) also, imc nerfed highlander because it was powerful back then …(remember 0 cd skyliner ;__; )

ugh i hate writing this much.

tldr: barb is better but highlander also gives good things to fencer and is focused on partyplay