Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

DAMAGE wise, Crosscut+Skyliner+Cartar Stroke is better than Cleave+Helm Chopper+Seism in everyway.

But Highlander vs Barbarian is a battle of Buffs vs Debuffs.
And Pouncing.

And Vertical Slash…

When you reach Fencer 3, lower rank skills won’t matter much anyway. I saw many Fencer 3 videos and they mostly used Fencer skills rather than Barb, HL skills. The only exception is Stabbing, it is still used quite a lot

2 Likes

Here your answer to warcry.
With the new formula war cry 5 against 330 mobs gives 165 PA, and warcry 10 gives 330 PA.
I’m under impression warcry become a shitty buff.
Oh yeah, warcry was nerfed.

Edit: Squire got an offensive skill with 3 overheat. very interesting.

I said this already.

And I also said that terms of raw DPS Crossliner is better then CleaveChopper.
But VS mobs CleaveChopper + Seism is better.
even at 220 (ive been on hiatus and havent lvled my fencer)
Helm Chopper -> Cleave -> Seism -> Cleave -> Seism works better on mobs then CrossLiner and the rest of HL’s kit ever did.

The only time HL’s Kit was better for mobbing then Barb for me was when Skyliner had 0 CD in KR.

And RAW DPS is not something Fencer needs help with…
Its weakness lies in its lack of ability to take on hoards of mobs at once, which is something that Barb provides better utility for dealing with.

On my server I see more HL3 or HL2-Corsair1 Fencers

Is better you provide a ss with your said damage instead of only theorize.

I didnt “theorize” anything here.
Ive literally trained just about every combination of Fencer that you can think of.
If you go back to iCBT1, iCBT2, and the Early access period it was either me @Autentist or @Cathexis getting tagged anywhere for Fencer info.

I’ve experienced first hand just about every combination there is to building a Fencer.

But if you dont want to take my word for it or have any reason not to beleive what I say, then that’s on you.

To each their own~

No ss, no proof, only theory. You can test on truffles in Alemeth.

The proof lies in the AOE of Seism vs Skyliner lol.
simply put CrossCut + skyliner CANT take out hoards mobs as effectively as the Barb kit.

But you can believe what you want, lol.

If you reffer too a 5k hp mob, yes, seism is godlike, other than that is bs.

Edit:

I don’t like to do such a thing but can you tell me my skyliner AoE?

here, we discuss fencer, not barb vs highlander
both have their own advantage

and that 9 aoe is beautiful, with aoe like that, i will use fencer skill only
prep+sept > lunge > compose > compose > compose > compose

soloing workshop will be faster

Calm down, Mr. Goody Two-Shoes.
We discuss everything here, even love affairs.

@biowolfmon1

The discussion on Fencer is kind of stopped while we can’t test its third circle.

Yes, we already have lots of information, but what it indicates is that Fencer is independent and whatever you take before is what make the difference in the end.

And you know what that means, right?

BARB VS HIGH (and sometimes swordsman3, rodelero and hoplite)

When Fencer3 is released we will be waving our toothpicks with rage again, you bet on that.

War Cry:
- Now also Increases base damage by [The lowest level target x Targets Affected x 0.1]

“now also”

it’s the old formula + this new formula.

Uncle Lostac, do you think you can steal Lizard Ambers from Upents with the Flag?
If yes, would it be better to hit them as weak as possible to maximize the chances?

I haven’t tried that, since they die in 2-3 punches anyway

you can try but for low hp monsters I would just kill them in 1 hit and proceed to the next one

which is better lvl 1 guardian or lvl 5 guardian
because i need more def for ibre leather set

Level 5 guardian is pretty decent /after/ we get the buff, so level 1-5 are good, up to you to decide that.