Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Not a good idea to leave it at 0, better leave it at 1 IMO.

You’re forgetting to add PA on both of the skills sept should be more superior the more PA you have

Aaaah, but since I have a high dex build I dont think PA from the extra 4 hits of sept would be able to scale up to the dmg Flash provides. Might still be viable for high-str build I think.

On the new Guardian formula: is it already up on kToS? Does the att remain the same? I don’t feel like rerolling right now but I think 18% evasion is A LOT unless I go high STR (?).

I skipped Pelt specially due to Guardian nerf…

I’m interested in creating my first warrior and I’m looking at pelt c1 > barb c3 > fencer c2 here and currently have c1 pelt.

But every guide I look at has various different things to say about the stat builds for a fencer class (some even say that “we don’t know what dex does for warriors yet” O_o). Currently I’m doing this for my stat build: dex = str x2, con/spr = 25% of str. Is this good or is there a far better stat set up for my projected build? (I’m willing to assume that spr is, as always, is useless and I need to re-roll my lvl 20 odd toon).

You can choose to ignore spr completely specially for pve cases

str is pretty attractive right now only because of the recent buffs

but I would say having a higher dex is safe for fencers because you need evasion to damage monsters constantly, having to manually avoid things or rely on pain barrier every time drops your dps, which is the main problem of very high str doppels.

You get your damage back in the form of crit rate, which isn’t bad. If you insist on having a higher str fencer you could go 1:1

1 Like

Woah, thanks for the fast reply :flushed:

Higher str than dex sounds like a bad decision with fencer imo, but I’ve never gotten past rank 5 and main archers so I wouldn’t know. So aside from the spr, I’m willing to assume my build is ok then, or is con really optional as well? I can’t imagine i’d need to rely on it much once I reach the higher levels and or prioritize dex.

From ToS mechanics pdf. Rank 8 attributes ain’t that bad at all until you hit like 80+ lol. I thought it would be way more than rank 7 attributes cost.

it’s mainly a melee problem, fedimian misisons actually give you a taste of it, see that tree ready to do a 360 degree aoe knockdown? you have to get out or get knocked, high dex builds can stay and gamble on their evasion which is a good idea, high str builds go away or use PB.

Archers don’t care as long as they’re away from the aoe

con, I suggest getting at least 35 if you’re going with plates, a bit more for leathers

1 Like

what would be your advisable hp? whenever I make swordies, I always allocate all bonus stat points (statues, quests) on CON, iirc it’s a total of 35 right?

Yes, 35 is a safe number for plate users+plate attribute, I’d recommend more if going leather

1 Like

Since magic can’t be dodged nor be mitigated with plates, I’m planning on going all leather. I’ll be losing not that much on hp on max plate attrib (abt 1k+ hp?). Since it’s either mitigate or dodge, I’d rather go dodge on phys mobs (less repair cost lol)

Maybe around 50-60 CON for leather?

@migzzz

Here’s mine if it gives you an idea, enough to not get 1 shot by tomb lord in saalus if you’re undereleveled

2 Likes

are you wearing all leather? how much dodge you have right now?

that seems safe enough. planning on adding at least 2 lvl5 red gems anyway. thanks @Lostac

889 with crap boots+guardian (default roxona, +0, no gems)

it can reach 1k+ with the right boots+ green gems

i forgot to add, my fencer currently has 4 level 1 ellaganos cards, was going to upgrade them but f the bug I can’t even remove them

good numbers. I’ll probably do the same invested points (maybe lower/higher str)

So I just checked the new 220 blue rapier, it sucks.

2 sockets, 269 PA,1 aoe ratio, no other bonuses.

cata remains the choice for those that need aoe ratio

Pyroego. Inb4 spam Composee alllll dayyyyyyy everryyyyy dayyyyy

lol, does it stack? one level 10 pyroego is like permanently sitting already

Noidea. I can’t even imagine myself going to ET in any foreseeable future. Not even 260 yet lel

Same here. Seems like it remains a good choice, might not be the best choice but stun ability is actually very, very nice.

I’ll keep dreaming of rank 9 being a filler rank so that I can take Cor2. Now that’s a weird dream. They need to adjust Warcry a bit, so that it has some scaling. Now that would be nice.