Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Yeah, that would turn my high str doppel into a beast.
but the dilemma is that Pain barrier cards is also needed for it, because it’s a high str one sadly.

For my fencer I’d just go with ella and reaverpedes.
Ella means i can put more str, more str means more rank bonus. maybe I’ll put 30 less dex and go full ella, i have around 6 ella cards now

Yeah there are a lot of good cards for sure man but knowing IMC, I bet half of the cards listed can’t even be obtainable when they release the card system. Crosses fingers*

You take 3 Circles of Highlander not only for Skull Swing.

I’m not saying that STR is useless, but you could benefit more from putting those points in DEX or CON, as I said above, I’m a DEX guy, and don’t care that much for damage, as my priority is Evasion. Again, a weapon provides you with much more PATK than STR ever will, specially with the new Transcendence Weapon Mechanics that’s coming.

Multi-hit skills tend to benefit from more PATK - don’t mix STR and PATK.
Multi-hit skills also tend to benefit from defense reduction, and you know what makes the enemy defense go to 0? Yes.

Yes.

As you said above, it benefits from STR, but if you have low STR, by no means you’ll be hindered, or crippled in any way, it will not count as something negative.

Mind you Str does increase Patk. Swordman get 1.3 Patk for every Str and 10% more Str each rank up. That’s a lot

I know, Lostac said that too, I was only simplifying stuff.
But here, from the Highlander C3 thread, what a Transcendent Weapon looks like:

Eh, with that thing possible, it should also be possible with evasion or other things like crit rate, so we shouldn’t be talking about it until we get the grasp of it. Maybe a transcedent boots.

I also hate to admit it, but imc keeps on buffing str for SW classes, i haven’t seen a dex buff for swordsman classes yet, except for that new fencer stance…(maybe)

Good luck getting something like this without spending millions on it. STR is way cheaper than spending your entire assets on a weapon.

Btw, @Lostac: Is a Manamana on Corsair a good idea? I just kinda want to use it

he’s part correct, because we aren’t really sure how that thing works. hopefully imc does something more about dex because I’m a dex person too

The Didel Grand Cross’ ATK went up about 500 PATK.
Tell me how much STR would you need to invest to get that, and how that would affect your CON and DEX.

It is, but it is not with DWA and you need to switch mana mana out to use swash if you have pelt

225 STR * 1.3 * 1.7 = 497 PATK.

This is not only from invested STR but also STR from equipments such as Max Peta.

And you get 1 PATK every level too.

The thing with weapons is as the game gets more and more contents, old stuffs will be outdated very quickly. Spending millions on a weapon will likely incur a loss rather than making break even

@Lostac: I don’t intend to use DWA, just holding the Manamana for damage, style and the lulz

Sorry for extending the subject.

You don’t take HL3 for skull swing, but between barb3 and HL3 skull swing is the only thing that seems to make a real difference.

There are many things that ignores defense, AFAIK. But that involves the peculiarities of skull swing (which is not my point, as I think it involves mainly preference). The other skills don’t actually shine that much, as they need you to stay still more than barb3 (which is a pretty important thing to me).

But you will be throwing out some skills, which make HL less appealing.

Oh, and while we’re at it, I hate barbarian. I would like to make a highlander fencer, but lack the reasons to, as barb3 just seems better mechanically.

You can actually turn one of the top doppel builds into a fencer if you’re interested, but of course doppel is better with it.

HL2>barb2.

you mainly lose pouncing(not counting warcry/frenzy), but get moulinet, crosscut and skyliner in return.

Call me crazy, but I would rather make Sword3>Barb2 instead.

I suggested that because you said you hate barbs, but oh well, lol

Pouncing is good but its hitbox is really weird. You can miss half of the time with it. And it requires PB to be effective.

That was my way of expressing how bad taking 2/3 of each is ;D

I’m making a Sword1>High3>Cors1>Fencer3 right now.
I would recommend waiting 1 week (I guess?) to start making your Fencer, because that’s when kToS will be getting Rank8, and we’ll know more then.

As I said above, Crown is very useful even with 100STR, and Crossguard would be situational. Apart from them, there’s no other skill that is STR dependant.

Yeah, me too. That’s the reason of my whole Highlander enterprise right now.
Comparing both roughly here, I would say that what Barbarian has to offer is Cleave and Pouncing, and is great at that - those 2 skills are really, really good - never listen to anyone shitting on Pouncing. The rest of the class didn’t appeal at all to me.
Highlander has a whole toolkit of skills, really great ones. Have you ever made a Highlander? Even if Circle 1 only? Catar Stroke is one of the most violent Strike skills ever, and made me forget Barabrian right away.
Fighting Magic Bosses were a pain too, but with Crown I have such an easy time with them that makes me emotional.
Crosscut+Skyliner is also great, very violent, but only when the target bleeds - if they not bleed, they’re just standard damage skills with little AoE (but still, stronger than the Barbarian ones).

I think this has been pointed out before: Highlander is not an AoE class, as only Catar Stroke has it (and has it good). It is really a single-target class, and while you’re upping it, you do best if you always use 2HSwords with lots of AoE, for both Reach and Mob-Target.

If you don’t like getting Highlander 3, pick Highlander 2, or even 1. The class offers good stuff at every Circle.

That’s because both Barb and Highlanders are at their peak on their 2nd Circle.

Barb gets even better at C3, highlander is merely okay-ish at C3, skull swing isn’t even that useful anymore since most are playing mages right now on my server. There’s two meta mage builds namely a cryo support which doesn’t need your skull swing and an elememe which doesn’t need it either. You’ll be partying with them a lot. Other than that you’ll have nub QS3s which benefit from your skull swing.

Hey @Lostac, can you help me fill in the blank, please? I need it tonight after I rank up my Doppel

Sw1>HL1>XX>XX>Corsair>Fencer