Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Some one can tell if hit boxes from fencers skill are that too small?
I took highlander c3 path and thinking in fencers path now.

The recent hitbox buff made it…hmm longer, but not wider from what I’ve experienced so far.

Sept can even hit slightly off animation lol

Hm. So with a sw>high3>barb>fen2 (single target nuker) will I have a bad time?

You won’t, it’s basically a mix of pierce and slash attacks that could destroy cloth/leather bosses

With 3 headgears atack ratio can supply my lack in aoe. Bought this yestarday:

3 headgears with aoe ratio
cata rapier
2 glad bands
vubbe glove

8 bonus aoe ratio, the dream of every hl and fencer to deal aoe dps.

I guess you aren’t a fashion player so you went with googles. I waited for a decent headgear before buying Clover feather hat w/aoe ratio

1 Like

Here is my actual stats:

I’m planning in save 100 stats point for some future change like dex.
I thinking in a str fencer for now.
Can you give me some skill set for fencer?
I know nothing about fencer.

this is the core of it, right now I would max Sept Etoiles.

Coquille is left at 4 for uptime, you can have it lower because you have skull swing.

Composee/Flanconnade at 1, damage per level isn’t great, but there was a recent fencer buff where composee gets a base bonus damage buff and a base damage per level buff.

Esquive can be 0 or 1, try not to put more on it, it’s bad atm IMO

btw, you can just get 7 bonus aoe ratio instead 8, or anything with odd numbers, having it on even doesn’t really help vs medium sized monsters

(I honestly think your stats and class choices fit perfectly for doppel, but whatever)

Thanks.

That is my dilema doppel(for the 4th time) or fencer. I always mix single target class with aoe class.
I have 2 doppel in my acc and deleted other at lv 196.

That depends on what you want to do, doppel’s really great for field farming vs elites because you can kill them with 2 cyclones, while fencers are good in fields for short fights…say monsters with <20k hp, but a lot of them, or deal consistent damage in bosses.

The main problem I found in high lv maps are plate armor eliters, since my other doppel took pelt over barb and high dex based. And plate armor boss fights tooks forever in sallus.

Anyone tried using Shade Dancer/Skirt? How was the defense?

One thing that makes me think:

The natural tendency is to every class have 3 circles right? Besides Hidden and Master types (Chaplain), of course. So in the end, all this talk might be kinda unnecessary because we will have plenty space for fitting whatever we want. And even if the new classes get darn strong, I think it should not be a real problem.

What do you think?

Since it was brought up, I’ll just post these here. I was going to make a video and still might but got too lazy.

Here are visual representations of the hitbox changes for fencer

Sept Etoiles before patch:

Sept Etoiles after patch:

Lunge before patch:

Lunge after patch:

Composee before patch:

Composee after patch:

2 Likes

Figured it wasn’t lag. Though I had hopes for radius increase over range, at least the same radius of normal attacks.

Oh and as far as shade dancer/skirt is concerned, I haven’t had many meaningful tests yet because I’m trying to farm mats for virtov pieces but when I switched from 3 piece plate set (superior royal guard shoes/top/bottom) to rokas leather armor, shade skirt, and superior bandit boots, at green minos archers in rasvoy lake the damage went up by about 700 per hit landed (but of course my evasion also went way up), I think I lost around 200 def for this and the 5% physical damage reduction.

However, the critical resistance from both pieces is actually really good. Now they wouldn’t crit for 3k anymore - there were no critical attacks EVER. I think it balances out pretty well but again no extensive testing done

I think I’ll just stay with my superior bandit pants+rokas. at least aspersion helps that more compared to having two shade pieces+aspersion.

imo only reason to use shade dancer/skirt is to avoid having to use guardian when we get that % change. If they un nerf it or something then there’s really no point

I wonder if the last mystery reward from scavenging is a stat reset pot. I would love one. I’ll be able to get rid of some silly points… I’ve invested into SPR but that many but still.

I don’t know if worth it because both shader has 4 def each.
I got 3 pieces of shader missing only boots.
I will provide some tests soon.