Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Problem is everyone is actually forced into that change because it isn’t an attribute. It’s a nerf, not a buff.

it’s good, but remember you still have to save more points for other skills, even the ones on fencer C3, since Composee lv 1 is good enough, the option to leave it at Lv1 is there, Lv5 has ok damage increase but it isn’t too much still

I have a HL3 at the moment and it really feels lacking, since a vertical slash change is announced it might be a good idea to try, but yes to me HL3 feels lacking, at least when compared to when I’m playing barbs. The only time I feel strong is against bosses that can bleed.

From DPS point of view, it’s a nerf. But from Tank pov, it’s obviously a buff.

Problem is most DPS Fencer build rely on Guardian as a source of evasion. Now even lv1 reduces 14% damage. That hurts a lot (I have lv5 :frowning:). So unless players pick up Pelt for tanking purpose, DPS player will find Pelt 1 only offers Swashbuckling that worth using.

If Guadian receives no change in the future, DPS Fencer builds can say good bye to Pelt

Off topic, when can I solo dung 130 as a Swordman? Rank 6?

This means DPS swordies will grab sw2 or HL for rank 2 class which makes more sense (from imc point of view since they want you to wear a shield if you want some defense/tankiness or to not have one if you want damage – they don’t want middle ground).

that /is/ the problem, it’s a nerf for all cases. even for a tank, again it’s not an attribute where you can choose flat or percentage. If it’s an attribute, then it’s a buff, you can make the choice. I know even some tank builds don’t want this crap.

You can full run solo 130 easily with a doppel Lv5 cyclone, but i had taunt for it, made things easier.

Meanwhile, in a not unforeseeable future: GungHo becomes %, gives Swordies unprecedented damage never seen within the game, and destroy any Defense build, forcing them to be Full Evasion to just survive due to the lack of Def.

Also, all the rerolls for Sword2 and 3…

It’s actually a nerf from an end game tank pov also. You need to be able to do DPS to maintain aggro. I lose aggro always in end game scenarios to (almost every) other DPS class path around my gear/attribute level. This will just make it even more difficult to maintain

Tanking is not just damage mitigation unless IMC gives us more tools to generate actual aggro

With so many -atk%, im curious if we can get negative atk. If can, does it heal the target we atk?:joy::joy:

This, LoL
if this really happen, goodbye pelt, sw2 will be the dmg dealer for rapier/spear/any 1hander, and hl will be specialized for those 2h build or those who actually take time cross guarding for their pierce dmg.
this also means, there will be 1% population left for swash buckling. :v

no, from what I see, after your status reduced by 100%, it simply vanish from your status screen. I think it will do 1 dmg, or maybe just like when you lagging, the monster staggered but no number coming out.

Thing it doesn’t make sense they can make such huge changes without giving out a circle reset. You can’t theorycraft and take into what may happen in the future, unless you’re an oracle lol.

It is true that currently pelt is a defensive class with no drawbacks at c1, that’s all you have to theorycraft right now. It’s really hard to anticipate it would become a defensive class with drawbacks at c1.

Along the same line of reasoning. Currently gungho is some of the worst buff ever. It may get buffed to become extremely good. But how can you even plan your build around something that hasn’t happened and may or may not even happen?

Speaking of Oracle, they’ve made Change useless on 220+ maps by making all the mobs elite (not sure if that’s all the maps but they definitely tweaked some maps to only have elites now(, so that you can’t level change them and subsequently get the jackpot bonus you’ve spent 6mil leveling the attribute on. Same thing applies to Paladin Conversion. Nobody is safe.

Technically, this game is still in Open Beta, right?
What if they give Reset Stats and Reset Classes+Skills after the “Launch” after the Beta end?

One can only dream.

Are… are you going to put this wherever you can?
This topic is basically the Fencer topic just as other classes have dedicated topics.

If GungHo becomes a percentage based skill then Sw2 will be an extremely viable option for rank 2, especially for Str builds. Between Concentrate and GungHo you have a good DPS boost and Restrain gives you a good chance in PvP. Extended pain barrier would be fine as well although you would end up taking 3 Bash, 10 Concentrate, 10 GungHo, 5 Restrain and 2 Pain Barrier.

With the new gear available in game since the most recent patch, the guardian buff/nerf/whatever you want to call it is just whatever I guess - would just have to switch to leather and take a bit of a def hit which aspersion can cover anyway

With my current leather set without guardian. If I ever get 3 set virtov, the value will decrease less than 10 or remain around the same depending on how high the boots become enchanted. This is the evasion cap for most content available in the game currently

evasion still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Guys, please don’t dream. There will be no way Gungho will become %, best will be a new formula based on Str.

1 Like

well if guardian turn so bad like that, maybe just use gungho instead, still got 25% max hp from swash buckling tho… and can still lure the mobs easy, i think thats not bad…

but lose 18% evasion for fencer is hurt XD

Got myself an AoE attack ratio headgear costume for my fencer, it now uses 2 sissels+that to achive 4 monster targets. Worth it.

At least it’s better than one gladiator band which has the same price as 2 sissels and my doppel could use sissels more

How much did you spend? Pic or didn’t happen

1.9m for the headgear, bought at 5/5 potential

2 Likes

Hello can somebody tell me the recent changes in guardian buff? I can’t seem to back read because I get this error on my phone.