Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

i do not
"
’""

"

1 Like

You should upload more videos

I do whenever I find something that I feel is worth recording, I’ve been uploading quite frequently compared to how I used to in another game tho

That’s where Crossguard comes in. Against physical type characters, catching them is not a problem for highlander>corsair builds. Unless someone has bloodletting or dispeller, then it’s a different story.

1 Like

Proxied/Jake, are you still using Sissels? Did you change to Gladiator? If yes, what’s the overall differences in gameplay - and If not, what made you rethink your decision?

Also, in your video, I saw that you took a lot of hits (your evasion “failed”), what was your evasion at the time? Or did you got hit mainly by magic?

Oh, what made you pick Highlander instead of Barbarian?
Also, you’re familiar with Barbarian? If yes, how do you think you would combo with its skills?
Do you plan to pick Corsair2 for Hexen? What do you think about Fencer vs Corsair? Speaking generally.

i know i know i’m a highc3 corsair fencer but still, you have to get that first block with crossguard to stagger the enemy+ dodge comes first, that works for melee chars but archers or wizs still win us easy

You know, a thing arised in my mind now that I remember that for big things I’ll always have an ArcherC2 (A friend, ya know those set parties you end up having) at the side with SwiftStep10 so that’s an extra +15% evasion.
But that’s not the point, point is if this exrta evasion gets calculated alongside or after the +18% from guardian?

It’s an easy but I’d say important enough thing to take in account.

Erh, Swift Step is still buggy I think. It provides nothing but take a buff slot.

If it was working as intended, I believe the calculation would be multiplicative: 1.18*1.15= 1.357 = 35.7% increased. Gotta check it later

So when you successfully block a mob with flaconnade, it does apply some weird debuff stagger effect for 3 secs thought not exactly sure what it exactly does as I got lazy to test when I saw it being applied a few times.

Depending on the new stance sissels might be better.

Gladiator imo is better for field grinding, I switched from 1 gladiator to 2 sissels right now and I’m just looking for a headgear costume with aoe ratio to replace it.

I switched to gladiator bands, gameplay is the same except I have more DPS. I still have both my sissels though. Not sure if I’ll sell them. When I say increase in DPS, I mean strictly single target.

Evasion fails because it has a cap of 80%

Are you sure AOE atack ratio exist? I see many defence hats but zero atack ones.

It does, I regret not buying one in the market for 2.2m because it was an ugly goggles, which I could just remove the visibility.

On a different story: thanks to Gwenyth

Attaque Composee increase, and finally Redel/Zucken hitbox improvements
It seems that Guardian change is going to force everyone to leave it at level 1 now too, unless the defense scaling is actually too good
http://pastebin.com/W15LTpjp

This though :

Highlander:
► Cartar Stroke
○ Charging Time reduced by 50%

• How long is a max level cartar stroke?

► Frenzy
○ The ATK increase now also scales with STR using the following formula:
- ((STR * 0.025 + 10 + Skill LV ) * Amount of consecutive hits dealt )

• Finally some scaling which will benefit high STR barbs now.

The hitbox increase in Doppel is perfect timing. I can’t wait for Doppel3.

On topic : I wish they’d lower the cd for Sept, or give it at least 2 overheat.

0.5s per level I think, but I’ll still leave it at 1-3, it’s just a small base damage increase per level anyway?

It seems that Swordie still get buffed as time goes on. Particularly, Fencer C2 will get 257*2= 514 dps increase. Not bad

@migzzz: Catar Stroke has somewhere 1 sec charing. Just made a Highlander and found out Catar Stroke has cast time

Btw, @Lostac, I decide to repurpose my Barb 2 into a Doppel. When should I use a 2hand sword? My Arde + sword combo still deals better damage than a 2hand

yeah. I’ve noticed I’m basically doing the same, if not a little higher damage from level 5 compared to a level 3. well at least charging would be a little less hassle now.

@hienng1991 yes it does. the charging time is ridiculous for a melee and the damage increase is really bad. I wish they’d buff that up too. or the # of hits per level.

It is a 4-hits skill, what else can you ask for a rank 2 skill? Only Archer C2 has a 10-hits skill. Catar Stroke is taken because it’s a reliable source of Strike damage which is important since most highlander will use Slash as main type of damage. Helm Chopper only deals 2 hits

Magi Two handed-sword, so 170. I just use dratt on my HL instead of 1h sword+dagger because I don’t like passing stuff too much.