Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Now I’m beginning to regret going corsair on my sw1-pelt-barb2-cor1. The cleave buff is too good. But I think I can salvage it by going dopel or is my pelt-hop3-dopel better?

cleave debuff is good but it doesn’t scale. level 1-any is the same, you just get
it for base damage

btw dust devil now hits 3x, barb>corsair has a bit of more synergy now. dust devil does good damage and that 50% slash boosts it, was nice on my fencer.

@hienng1991

I don’t know, but remember warcry cooldown got lowered so that’s sexy, and for doppel you still want frenzy with the attribute

So Barb 3 is mandatory then. I still want Pelt. I’m sad

Btw, why only 1 Helm Chopper in your build? Helm has decent damage and arguably better than Cleave. I believe Cleave 1 is more than enough unless the debuff timer increase with level

Stun damage scaling, andddddd you will be using it everytime it’s on cooldown, why not?

Also you have cartar stroke.

higher chopper builds are usually for those that skipped HL

Ah I forgot the stun damage scaling thing. IMC better update its tooltip. Maybe I will level a Doppel after 3 130 rushs with my main QS first.

Sleep is for the weak

Lol guys, when I was about to make a fencer, you come with an excitation to make a doppel.
My noob is lv 151 I will post soon my tests with cleave debuff on that alt.

Oh right dust devil has 3 overheats now but it requires a subweapon which will ruin the dopel build I was thinking. Maybe I will just make a fencer out this alt char.

Do you think new items like red veris glove (+23 crit rate), maybe shade dancer/skirt (well fukk defense haha) are worth to hunt or use??
I think about hunting red veris glove right now (recipe drop from Blue Vubbe Miner if I remember correctly) since I don’t have vubbe gauntlets.

Oh new spawn rate make pavaisa spawn every 5min -> 30min / only 4 channel now. (not sure but it’s more than 5 min and I think it could be same as Cafrisun) I usually farm gem there when it still has 7 channel quit sadd. :((

Here guys, my tests with my alt:
Here my stats and my weapon:

Now my tests in kepa (weak against slash sry, I didn’t found any mob using leather with more than 10k hp and can bleed).
Skyliner:

Cross Cut + Skyliner:

Cleave + Skyliner:

Cross Cut + Cleave + Skyliner:

As soon as I hit 170, I will post another test. But is possible with the combo Cross cut+ Cleave + Skyliner, hit 9.5k critical damage. I will not try it now because I have only 6 critical rate and if I remember rightly, that was the first time I saw a critical damage from that char hehe.

You kinda want that on any low STR Swordie…

I cant play tos for few weeks. How was the new update? Is it better than u all expect? I can see some good changes in barb there. How about fencer?

Fencer got better thanks to barb. Well, for barb-fencers that is.

I trade my Glad Band for two sissels in preparation for the new stance. Anyway, I will update my guide after playing around with it more

yes but spamming composee might be a better idea than hitting that same monsters 10 or 20 times to charge frenzy, So I just went with warcry

But cant we stack frenzy with compose ?

It only works with auto attacks, otherwise Frenzy would be a no brainier.

It would be a nice skill

Was browsing reddit and found @Proxied already did calculation regarding stacking Frenzy vs spamming Composee.

[quote]composee damage without frenzy: 6462 x 2
time to fully charge frenzy (20 stacks): 14.6 seconds
total dagger damage: 45,976
frenzy remaining duration: 36 seconds
composee damage with frenzy: 8112 x 2
Total duration of frenzy: 50.6 seconds
without frenzy total damage: 1,085,616 (84 composee)
with frenzy total damage: 1,019,416 (60 composee) [/quote]
Modifying the calculation abit and assuming each frenzy stack scales composee’s damage linearly, composee’s damage with 1 frenzy stack should be 6462 + 0.05*(8112-6462) = 6544.5, rounded down to 6544.
Assuming you lost 1 cast of composee during frenzy cast (frenzy’s cast is negligible tho), total damage dealt during frenzy’s duration would be 8365442 = 1,086,304

TL;DR theoretical af, but casting frenzy for free 20 phys atk would give highest damage

Hey guys, I’m pretty new to the game and I want to try Fencer out in PvE.
Do you think something like this would work? http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/w75iflfxl7/
It’s pretty much the Sw1>Pelt1>Barb3>Fencer2 but I take 4 points out of cleave ( I leave it at 9 ) and max Pouncing, I also take points from Gung Ho and max Pain Barrier because i’m going to keep Guardian up 100% of the time to get the evasion bonus and i can’t use both Gung Ho and Guardian at the same time.
Stat wise I’m thinking of going 2str:1dex:1con until I have like 100 or maybe 150 con ( I’ll see when i get there ). Do you think that would work or I should just go 3str:1con until I get 100/150 Con?
This thread has been really helpful for a beginner like me, Thank you guys in advance!

go with a 4/5 pain barrier and 3/5 gungho, you’ll want to use gungho sometimes, trust me. 3/5 gungho unlocks the attribute

personally I don’t like high str fencer but if you’re really set on that go ahead, just prioritize crit rate and evasion since that’s where you will be lacking. for con just aim to get 20-25k hp assuming you have decent evasion

I find GungHo such a waste of space, with Concentrate buff surely that’ll be no brainier to use instead. Plus, I almost always have Guardian up, so using GungHo as a Fencer is not that great.

Point is, Gungho still helps no matter how crappy it is. Example, doing a low level dungeon boss rush. that +64 PA helps.