Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

I thought JR 5 is noticeably inferior to JR 10 or JR 15.

Btw, I’m trying to theory craft a Doppel 3 build. With all the buffs going on, Barb 3 seems superior to Highlander. So something like: Sword>Pelt>Barb3>Doppel 3. Please comment on it, for PvE of course. And I like Pelt, love it

applies to steal chances only, blocking rate is the same no matter what your JR skill level is. but the level 5 steal chance is pretty helpful.

Well, that’s what I have, so I would say I’m having fun everytime Cyclone is up since I could easily sweep away monsters, but when it’s down it actually takes a while to kill monsters with Zorn-Zucken and Redel. They’re weak compared to cyclone but hey they got buffed so you can expect something.

The disadvantage you’ll get if you went high dex is when you’re on a party with a nice healer. Your DOV is weaker due to low STR, and your self sustainability won’t really matter since there’s a healer. But at least you won’t be as paper as they are since evasion still backs you up.

also the hitbox on Zucken is terrible. Redel is the same but a bit better. No Aoe ratio bonus on these skills too right now

Oh we’re the same. I like pelt, but I like HL too for doppel.

Ah, I see. JR 5 is decent enough to take Corsair 1.

Next patch, your 4k Cyclone will go up to 6k thanks to Cleave debuff. Oh, no changes to Redel and Zucken hit box. That sucks

As for Doppel, I think I won’t go high Dex. The ideal stat distribution would be somewhere 1:1 for Str:Dex. With Max Peta (I should call it the Elusive Peta, 1 month and so many talts), it would be like this: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/stat-calculator/build/2a0b38x0dp/.

About 150 less evasion than High Dex build, can somehow be compensated with gems and highly refined boots. When things go rough, switch to a shield and run (or block)

high5, i also got it from jolly roger.

1 Like

With the STR changes is PURE STR better or is PURE DEX better for Pelt 1 Bard 3 Fence 2?

EDIT: Also im currently 4:1 STR DEX with Highlander 1 Bard 2 and Pelt 1. Should I just reroll to save myself the trouble?

I think STR 1 DEX 1 or High DEX but no full, it’s good choice now. But hf for up gems LVL 10.

I would like to suggest getting Highlander, if you can trade off Pelt. Cartar and Cross Guard is too good to pass up for a Doppel Build. The 50% boost to crit atk would be irrelevant now, but I think it would shine once we get to much more higher levels. Just get your Cartar, Seism, and Pouncing to at least level 30 skill attribute. They’ll still be good source of damage. When I get to 3 star maps I’d probably need to upgrade skill attributes again, costly yes but nonetheless I’m having quite fun with it.

Regarding Epee Stance:

“Fencers will be able to use the “Epee Stance” skill in Circle 3. This stance does come with its disadvantages, like neutralizing the effect of any shields equipped, but on the other hand…the “Epee Stance” dramatically increases the critical damage of pierce attacks in proportion to the skill level.”

So far… neither highlander nor barbarian have any pierce attacks that can be used to maximize the gains from Epee Stance. Seems like hoplite however have some skills, etc. stabbing and pierce.

Although spamming Composee is also possible…

That’s the point. Why would I bother with hoplite when I already have Composee. Spear lunge is one reason, but outside of it…I think I’ll just take barb. With barb you get warcry which affects all your skills, you get more aoe and stun to protect yourself.

Fencers have no disables at all and barb skills have aoe ratio so you could at least draw more monsters to yourself. Since you already have a massive amount of pierce attacks barb isn’t bad too. With Cleave buff already shown in patch notes, you now have 15s of slash buff for your flanconnade, you can also mix in Lunge.

The point of hoplite is Spear Lunge and Spear throw. We can talk about stabbing but I think I’ll just stay with my composee.

@SeasonalDistress high dex with some str. Just get enough str to benefit from class rank and you’re good.

I will consider H1 since so many people suggest getting H1 instead of Pelt. Probably due to Highlander synergy with Zweihander

Not only more AOE, buffs and stun; Barb can fit nicely into a Fencer build thanks to its powerful Slash skills: namely Seism and Pouncing. With Cleave debuff, those skills get buffed to another level.

Additionally, in normal PvE environment, I would like to have at least access to 2 type of damage: Pierce and Slash simply because Pierce can deal full damage to Plate armor while less to Cloth.

Okay so I tested the new cleave. It’s GLORIOUS. I’ll make a new doppel, not fencer, this time, everything focusing on damage with 300+ crit rate.

1 Like

Found myself 1st in DPS ranking with 2 archers in the party in Siau Mission. Cleave and Pouncing buff were the best!

Can you share what you’re planning to build?

100-150 total dex, 100 total con, rest str

unspent skill points on doppel waiting on zucken/redel change to see which is more worth

1 Like

How long is the debuff?
5s?

yes, i could do 2 seisms zornhau zucken redel during that, the other 2 is for cyclone lol

1 Like

Well you know that my main is Fencer so I’m ready to test this :3

But I’m at work for another 4hrs…
.-.

Don’t temp me into trying to level 4 characters at the same time. xD I do want to try Doppel at some point though.

1 Like

Dang it @Lostac, now you are temping me again.

Is Barb 3 mandatory? I do want to squeeze High 1 into my Sword>pelt>barb 2. Making her a Doppel seems to be a good idea for now