Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Where would you put the other 10 if not? I don’t like how sp draining both Flanconnade and Composee is. I’d consider Coquille for extended debuff duration.

Right now sept is still a good idea, but since R8 is announced better save dem points. I only saved 3 sadly

Flanconnade is more of utility than straight out damage. Composee is only spammable damage. Just 1 point for each.

I would save up these points and wait for r8. Btw, Lv10 Sp pots can cover your spamming. But these pots are kinda expensive though

Yeah they’re too costly. Hmmm. I haven’t touched Fencer2 since I went Templar, so I guess I’ll wait for the skill infos before I make another Fencer.

Welcome on board. You can enjoy waiting for more information and take your time theory crafting builds.

Truthfully, the best feature of TOS is its many classes. So much fun rerolling (I was speaking for my own experience)

If Fencer 3 proves to be trash,

Sword1>Pelt1>Barb2>Cors2>Fenc2
will be better than:
Sword1>Pelt1>Barb3>Fenc3

??

Thanks. Highest level that I have right now is 243 which is my Fencer-Templar. I’m doing Doppel2 right now, currently at 200. This is because I’ve re-rolled like, 9 times already lol. (all Swordsman class btw). And have been playing this game since release. And I too enjoy it as well, rerolling and failing. lmao. (speaking of course, personally).

I’ll make another Fencer when the infos are released. :grin:

We have different definitions for “fun”.

Should’ve included this on your quote. Thats why she said her (or him) “OWN” experience. smh.

You could try asking them to link it to you in game or something

Then Sept is only useful when Lunge is on cooldown ? :frowning:

Still useful to use with preparation. It’s your best pierce skill but has terrible cooldown and no overheat. But it’s what we have so…

It would be slightly better at farming silver, and bosses.
But the mobbing capabilities of Barb c3 should not be ignored.
Right now it’s probably the best early game class for mobbing.
And while it’s true that you can live without Frenzy and Warcry, pouncing is too good to pass up IMO.
Plus the c3 atributes of Bard make frenzy and warcry reliable damage boosters that could scale really well due to fencer being a low STR class.

If Fencer 3 is bad I’ll probably pick up Corsair 1 for farming silver and having alittle pvp presenc.
Dopple for mobbing with cyclone, or squire for repairs

Go corsair c2 > fencer c2 IF fencer 3 is trash

Barb3>fencer route are mostly people who go for fencer c3. (Honestly Frenzy + warcry + Epee stance + new skill crit resist reduction(big aoe) + ignore armor + preparation + sept etoiles = ??200k-400k on leather boss??)

Unless you cant stack epee and prepa but thats the best combo ive seen in terms of dps burst.

I’m currently Barb2 and this is killing me.
Like, Barb3 vs Cors2.
Barb3 will get more points on Seism, Warcry, Cleave, Frenzy and have Pouncing! There are new attributes as well that are game-changing.
On the other hand, Corsair2 would have Hook and Kneel, which are great PvP/GvG utilities, Jolly Roger, great for parties, and Hexen - which is said to be better even than some Fencer skills (?), correct me if I’m wrong - also there is Double Weapon Assault, that makes AA Great Again, specially with Cafrisun, Elemental Damages and other Buffs.

But I’m seriously considering this if Fencer3 is ■■■■:
Barb3>Cors2>Fenc1

Gotta wait and see how Epee stance really works before anything.

I’m ready to go
Barb 2 > Cor >Fen 3
Or
Barb 2 > Cor > Fen 2 > Cor 2

New patch with lots and lots of changes, specially Skill related.

Barbarian buffed heavily.
Fencer got AoE buffs.

that’s just aoe radius, it helps a lot but still doesn’t solve the ratio problem. Gotta build that by yourself through expensive items/costumes.

From the Overview, I deduced that Fencer C3 will bring more damage to the table: More crit, more crit and more crit damage. I believe Epee stance won’t have 100% uptime (kinda OP) so it’s for burst DPS rather than sustained DPS.

However, Fencer’s most problematic issues still stand: AOE ratio and Rapier durability. You can fix this somehow thanks to Vubbe Glove and Squire services. The last time I saw a Vubbe Blood priced at 400k in Fedimian. No idea about other servers though

Btw, @Lostac how does Corsair 1 benefit Fencer? In PvE of course

I took it mainly for Jolly Roger. The steals have served me well in terms of getting rare recipes and mats, like Venier Recipe.

Of course blocking is also there from JR. you’ll see a yellow miss when blocking chance triggers. You’ll need a party however

Plant Flag > Spam Flanconnade > Have High Evasion
You’ll see Dodges, Yellow Misses and Blocks on your character. Was fun on saalus runs.

But yes, My damage is a bit lower due to a weaker warcry. Pouncing is nice but I can survive without it.

1 Like