Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

If not F3 then hopelly a new class! If everything is bad then Corsair2!

May I know your build with your highlander3 fencer? I wanted to make one.

sure, tho i’m sure it’s not the best out there and i did believe we were going to get 0cd skyliner

I know but I still think that it’s fun? What was your experience with it? And how much is the difference in terms of DPS against barb3?

to be fair, the only thing i enjoyed from highlander is the armor break and crosscut+skyliner (the ones i spam), tho leveling it was easy due to cartar stroke, it melts mobs and bosses (atleast in c1 and c2) and i don’t really know who does more dmg, i guess that would be barb since it got some nice buffs, you would have to ask @xechidna or @Lostac

There’s two advantages you get over barb, that’s cartar stroke, which is far superior than helm chopper, and crown. Crown helps a little to weaken bosses and with highlander’s skillsets you should do well with slash comboes.

There’s also cross guard switching if that’s your thing. Requires High str to be effective.

(Barb buffs like warcry and aoe skills like Seism/Pouncing are the big things you lose)

And to my fencer friends, do keep on helping newbies on their questions, since MHG is out I won’t be touching tos as much anymore and will probably log in just to do dungeons.

2 Likes

Btw what was your stat build?

100 str 15 con (can be more) rest on dex

Uhm guys, how much HP is comfortable for high Str Swordie? Hoplite to be exact.

Let’s say:

• 114 Con (with a Petamion) will net me 25k HP
  • lv50 Plate Mastery will give another 1k7
  • Beetleback gives about 1k7 too
    => that’s 28k4 HP
  • Slap another 5% from Plate Mastery and it will be nearly 30k

I wonder is this enough to survive in 30 sec. Fck that 30 sec potion cool down rule

@hienng1991
Ive ben fine with around 20k from CON on all my swordies .-.
(not including Armor, mastery’s, and gear)

Need Help Deciding on a Fencer build for my new Fencer!
my Barb3 Fencer is so boring now… :I

Here are my Ideas:

Squire for the HORRIBLE Durability problems with Rapiers ESPECIALLY when it comes to dungeons!
I figure that since you can repair or over repair your own items its an… OK pick…

Needs no explanation. >_>

PIERCE THE SKIES!
PIERCE THE HEAVENS

Alternate build fo this was Hoplite 2 then Corsair 2 and Fencer 1
Not sure if i wanna give up Preparation tho…

Decent Jack of all trades I guess?..

The decisions are not easy .-.

hello, i have my fencer at least…

there are one thing i want to ask for now…

do you guys use pain bair when using sept etoiles??

becoz when im using sept etoiles, its ussually canceled or miss hit when getting hit by mobs or getting knockbacked…

Rule of thumbs, use Pain barrier before using any long animation, channeled skill so you can deal full damage

@xechidna: I was one-shotted twice in mission runs today tks to matchmaking. Bosses were 12 levels above me plus lag spikes made me want to pull my hair out. QS3 with just 6k HP at lv130 is so fcking squishy.

Btw, what kind of Fencer do you want to achieve?

Ill bet its squishy…

also were you hit by magic?..
because as a swordie you really shouldent be getting 2 shot…

-shrugs-
Im just looking for something fun to do with my favorite class

Ive got a 280 Fencer, Fletcher, PD, Nothing in Wiz tree interests me so making another Fencer is all…

i think this is one of the best representaion of Highland2/3-Fencer i have seen. He made use of crosscuts’s bleeding being pierce (I did not even know it was pierce damage) and boosted it with coquille, crossguard and preparation.

@xechidna

I think that squire one is really, really cool. Though you should probably max pain barrier in sword c1 (drop gung ho since it can’t be used with guardian), get 5 points in warcry (take it out of helm chopper), and I’d personally drop all 5 points in armor maint for arrest.

But yeah that’s an extremely cool concept and I think it’d work out really well

So noticed something interesting by using a lv 6 green gem

because rapiers don’t have a min/max damage, or they are the same value. I wonder how this actually affects my damage. I have no real way of testing because my karacha dagger is also awakened unless I can get a matching awakening clean version

My Qs is only at lv130 right now. The damn mole one shotted me with its spikes.

Btw, fun is subjective. What are you looking for in making a new Fencer? More DPS, utility or inflicting status effects?

the female costume maybe ?? XD

Uhm, he already has a Fencer, which implies that the Fencer costume no longer drives his motivation. It’s more about play style than visual effects

Yep. That’s one of the reasons why it took me so long to decide between pelt 1 or Highlander 2 :<. I’ll probably make another swordie build with at least HL 2 once I +15 my venier and all other stuff so I can solo comfortably as swordie