Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Thanks for the info, I’ll hold on a bit until you have the universal distribution out =)! Don’t wanna waste this last rank reset for nothing hahah

Updated Doppel part of the guide (it’s been outdated for almost 2 years!) to adjust with the current Shinobi changes.

Have fun reading, feel free to comment here if you think I missed something.

Not adding Sword 3 > Barb 3 > Doppel 3 variant here, but you can discuss or ask around in the thread.

Builds I included:
SW3-Barb2
SW1-HL3-Barb1
SW3-HL2
SW1-HL2-Barb2

Why no sword 3->barb3?

It’s the non shinobi variant, they’re playable and all that but you really lose a lot if you take barb 3 over Shinobi

They announced some changes in Barbarian and Peltasta, they come out tomorrow.

u means in KTOS or ITOS?

Hold your reset voucher lol

-google translate

1. Skill performance of some classes will change .
  • Archery class and Cleric class classes Delay of some skills is improved .

• Added the ability to make a Saper / Unthinkable class skill to be affected by secondary weapon damage .

• Removed the ability to eradicate fireflies and objects .

• Pelta Star / Barbarian skills will be adjusted .

Yup, still holding it lmao! Though I reckon they’d give out a couple more resets to any significant changes?

They’ll give out more to specific classes. We can’t really hold out to our resets if IMC placed a 2 week timer on it.

Like how linkers just got reset recently and another one for two weeks

I hope they do something with barb skill factors.

Seism totally sucks and I admit I just took it for cleave and that’s worth it. (the cleave yeah) lol.

@SeraOver @Lostac

Corsair got new skill which divide dagger and pistol route further but they don’t get any reset. Same with hoplite and cata they only got skill reset potion. Well I do hope it’s a big changes so we can get reset.

Seism really sucks and I just give up trying to maintain wild nature. Tried to find addon for wild nature counter but nothing. I hope barb3 get more value cause I want to keep it to one of my swordsman.

Interesting, Im currently Sword 3->Barb1->Corsair3->ShinobiC1. Wondering if the changes are significant. So far loving the style of dagger and pistol, though I wish there was an actual dual wield class. Right now everything fields hybrid even with the new Corsair changes. =\

Which Barbarian skills? All of them?

@SeraOver @SpeeD

They only add hp regen. Probably good for farmer but meh. Beow video prolly will get fix before coming here.

Pelt changes
All penalties removed from Guardian and High Guard, Guardian’s duration and CD nerfed, but it now grants magic dmg reduction and has a new OP def boost attribute for Pelt3
Barb changes
After 5 stacks, you’ll get a HP regen effect that scales with STR
New attribute for Sapper and Wugushi to include your secondary PATK in your skill damage calculation (nice for Sapper/Wugu Cannoneers)
Taoist’s Storm Calling will no longer erase fire magic circles
Delay after casting reduced for almost all Archer & Cleric skills

Any other Archer changes? or those are the main ones?

Personally, I run a character in the same route as yours (ending in Matador1 - although when Reitiari comes out it will probably be much better with net attributes and Trident Finisher) and I don’t think that it is bad what is happening with Corsair. TBH, I got both Pistol Shot & Impale Dagger, and I don’t think it is divisive. Yes, 3 weapons to invest; but Impale Dagger IMO makes the burst on Shinobi Clones so much better - and I don’t think it is bad to swap quickly to pistol only for a very strong AoE burst from pistol.

I wish that Corsair could use Dagger and Pistol for no swapping weapons; but since it can be done so quickly only for Pistol Shot, it wasn’t as divisive as I once thought. Keeping both skills from rank 3 is very good (and I pretty much never use Double Weapon Attack unless I got mana drained by elite mob and sp pot is on cooldown xD).

What I don’t like about Impale dagger is that it’s not an ASPD skill. Like Quick and Dead (Pistol Shot) is ASPD while Impale Dagger is way too slow

And what is the general concensus for “Concentrate” skill. only last exactly 20 hits so if I use an AOE multihits, it’s almost instantly gone unlike before where it will consume only 1 charge.

Did anyone try both Doppel build and Corsair build? If so, what did you think about them?

I’m coming back from a long hiatus and using Barb2>Doppel3>Shin but it feels really weak comparing to how I remember my HL2 Shinobi, not sure if I’m misremembering or if my equipments and attributes just sucks compared to other people I see online these days (which is probably the case) but it just feels like I have paper defenses and no SP at all with nothing to really show for it, both in the aoe department and the boss killing one. I’m starting to wonder if I should stick to it and get better equipments/learn to better use the skill rotations or if I should try another Shinobi build as I still have one reset.

For starters, tell us your gear, current rotation, etc.

If you went back to HL2 variant over Barb2 variant you will feel much weaker due to bunshin cd penalty and having no attributes.

cleave is a big deal and is always a good starter for your rotation

1 Like

I see, HL2 got hit hard by the cd change then. I just wanted some confirmation to make sure it was my fault as a player and not the build’s before either trying to get better at it or try something else, but as I’ve guessed the blame lies with me (got confirmation after playing with another Shinobi using the same build and doing fine). Guess I was expecting to be amazed again, like when trying HL2>Shin for the first time after being used to closed beta’s Barb>Corsair>Shinobi and seeing how amazing it was compared to it.

When I made the first post I used a +7 Faded Pevordimas 2H Sword, Faded Krisius Plate Pants, +3 Faded Nyx knight Armor, +5 Vubbe Fighter Gauntlets, 2 Zachariel Bangles, +2 Max Petamion, 123 Phys Atk Hair 1, Crit Rate 8 Hair 2, Phys Atk 90 Hair 3; No cards; 95 points invested into dex, everything else into str, lvl334.

Right now I changed from your first recommended skill build to the second with a skill potion I already cut the SP pot use by a bunch (it used to be basically 1 Zornhau = half my sp gone) although I still need to carry a bunch of SP pots because those skills eat’em like crazy and got some HG non faded leather set, trying to get either STR, crit rate or stamina and also changed my faded sword for one just like it but non faded, with 32 STR, 110 Holy and 154 Large Targets, also got it to +7. The difference was noticeable although I doubt I’m anywhere near peak.

EDIT: Forgot the rotation. I usually hit all the buffs with no particular order aside from Restrain always going with Cyclone; Against random enemies I first hit’em with Cyclone, then try to use my non clonable skills and if need be (either there’s really a lot of’em together or the party isn’t big on aoe dps) I just use bushin>kunai>seism>cleave>double slash>sturtz>zwer>mord (if I have enough time to use’em all, as I tend to walk around between them due to monsters dying) and then back to non clonable skills in no particular order. For bosses I tend to use the same bushin sequence and go Zorn>Redel>Zucken when bushin-less, some times I also use Kunai depending on cooldowns. I’m sure it’s also not peak, but it’s been doing ok. I’m guessing I will learn better as I play with it or read stuff here.

By this, you mean you’re using the general-use skill distribution right now?

For some damage improvement you could start by getting a full leather set, a crit rate accessory. The new CM cube can drop a crit rate accessory similar to sissel, it’s easy to craft but the recipes are like 100k each? from the blacksmith so it will take a bit and you may just want to go with sissels straight.

But yeah I understand your problem, it’s lacking gear/etc to feel the full potential. Unlike mages, we have massive power spike per heavy gear, but it’s a “spike” and not a steady increase in power like elem-locks.

A few attributes and a trans 4-5 weap and you’ll be seeing multiple 6 digits.

for random group of enemies you could start with cleave > zornhau, it’s usually 1 hit unless you’re undergeared, and often you don’t even need to cleave anymore, zornhau is just that strong, it’s our version of dragonfall with small aoe radius but very spammable every 15 sec.

If mobs are tanky or if you are in high CM stages, bunshin>seism>cleave>zwer>double slash/sturtz is a good combo.

for CM5 and below I just zornhau and everything in radius that gets hit die in 1 hit if I crit

1 Like