Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Bullet Marker part basics done, though I should post this on archer section but it’s bundled together soo…

Edit:
Fencer is mostly done.

Doppel is still WIP.

Hi lostac, I want to ask for a decently geared fencer with 700-800 crit rate, should I be investing in dex or str. Damage range currently as a full str is 6600-7200 approximately.

You will want full dex, epee garde scaling + attack speed, later on when we get shinobi changes you get to use all your skills faster too.

We will have a lot to use and you want to use them up asap.

1 Like

Alright, i’ll reset & give full dex a go. Thanks lostac !

Opening up some discussion I guess if there are enough people to discuss with:

Changes will be next week (based from the patch notes today)

Plans?
Go full “shinobi focused” doppel/fencer?
Or still focus on doppel/fencer with shinobi as burst?

As much as I don’t like relying on shinobi, unfortunately it’s the only way to compete with dealing large AOE damage. A lot of doppel and fencer skills have poor hitbox and rely on falconer aiming to hit or maximize the skills. Without cryo3 vacuum we’ll have to rely on them more for maximum potential.

Zornhau has been nerfed with +10 sec more cd, but redel is buffed with two charges.

Current builds and possible future builds:
SW3-HL2-Doppel3-Shinobi (current shinobi focused build+doppel)
SW3-HL2-Fencer3-Shinobi (current shinobi focused build+fencer)

SW3-Barb2-Doppel3-Shinobi (seems nice after rework, also helps your doppel skills)
SW1-HL2-Barb2-Doppel3-Shinobi (thanks greyhiem, No double slash, but you still get crown+moulinet and keep some HL slashes)
SW3-Barb1-Corsair-Fencer3-Shinobi (also good after rework, dust devil aoe area increased)
SW3-Barb2-Fencer3-Shinobi (Same as doppel, overall corsair is supposed to do more damage, but seism stun+cleave bunshins will do well since seism has decent aoe radius and atk ratio)

Doppel Focused build:
SW1-HL3-Barb1-Doppel3-Shinobi (skull swing, vertical slash, cleave, but your bunshins are weaker without double slash)

My fencer is still running the old SW3-Pelt-Corsair-Fencer3-Shinobi because I missed out on resets, but it still does fine I suppose for something more focused on fencer.

After some nice discussion I’ll update the builds further, I haven’t touched these yet personally and I don’t like writing a guide made out of theory craft or something I haven’t experienced myself.

The intense balancing is wrong.
Zornhau was not nerfed. Cooldown is still 15s.
Sturtzhau cooldown is buffed down to 25s (from 32s).
It has a few more errors. But none which affect doppel/highlander/barb/swordsman.

The 3 top doppel shinobi builds (high2-barb2, sw3-high2, sw3-barb2) perform well at new bosses. Luckily falcon3 is a popular class.

Most High3 barb1 doppel builds disappeared after shinobi patch.

A top gear doppel-nobi player uses high2 - barb2 skillbuild link and video vs event bosses
소긔 is best reference for high gear after-patch fencer-shinobi sw3 high2 version video at unique raid solo and sw3 cor1 hop1 version at challenge mode

Lostac good luck! Currently this is the only updated swordman class-guide on iToS forum.

2 Likes

that’s actually a big relief, when I geared up my doppel using that beast of a skill is fun every cd.

Can’t believe I’m actually reading the wrong things from IMC’s page (or maybe it was changed?)

I actually forgot about this, thanks!

I prefer to mention Vertical Slash instead of Skull Swing as a HL3 advantage. At least I can easily hit 300K per charge.

Both are still great, I’ll add it up. thanks.

I can do 100k+ per hit redel thanks to skull swing and cleave, with only a trans 4 weap and 60 enhance

this will be fun with 2 redel charges

@greyhiem
Quesiton, Do SW3 builds put Pommel Beat now? Or not because there’s too many skills to use?
I see on the vid that the doppel also didn’t use Mordschlag.

And as expected, with the shinobi changes, most doppels left out zucken now, poor hitbox+not so good damage and not copyable by clones.

1 Like

I not sure about shinobi build in future before I was swordsman3highlander2doppel3shinobi1 but pve bunshi is the only thing lost my foot but still good at dungeon/et/cm i change to this my
current build is swordsman1 highlander2 barbarian3 doppel3 . My concentration was at slashing zwechau and frenzy stack up damage and extended debuff especially zornhau has fix the multi hits now is very good is a single outburst in wb so far will change next week rank reset to try out my next new build swordsman2barbarian3doppel3muaythai

I have seen several builds use pommel beat for shinobi copy. They skip restrain because it is not useful during bossing. Might have too many skills to use if you want to include mordschlag + pommel beat. Mordschlag is 5 overheat, pommel beat 3 overheat. Both Strike skills.

1 Like

Tried to look at recent doppel videos. Can’t find any player casting Mordschlag cos I forgot the cast speed and how far the pushback. Not sure if this skill is a trap or worth a slot in my hotkey. I guess have to wait til next patch.

yeah and there’s too many skills to use, I’m still deciding what else to drop.

I feel like dropping DPE.

Dropping Zucken is already a given, it’s one of the worse doppel skill upgrades but I took it anyway right now for filler slot.

I think you missed out on Barb3 variant. With more fight takes longer(Belkoper, higher stage CM, new guild raid), probably it’s a much better build if you focus on that. Might want to compassionate with Mordschlag for Shinobi rotation.

SW2-Barb3-Doppel3-Shinobi
SW1-HL1-Barb3-Doppel3-Shinobi (with decent dex, you can easily get 1k crit atk, I probably go with this as below)

Probably too much skill for my liking but still manageable. With both Kunai and Punish cd buff to 10 sec, I’ll try to get used with Cross Guard for casual mobbing.

I’ll see if I can find more barb3 variants after the change, currently I hate barb variants though I used to like them, they just feel lacking other than warcry right now.

Seism and Cleave gonna get clonned, i think i’ll try out barb3 than switch to sw3-barb2 if needed. :tired:

Hope we get enough resets to try it out, If we only get 2 like QS/Linker rebalance, I won’t be able to play around much and just stay with SW3>Barb2.

I think only 2 reset as ktos got. Do test Mordschlag+pommel beat if it fits shinobi rotation.

Just want to add for your testing.

I noticed you prioritized Katon over Mijin and you might want to add Katon in your rotation.

1. It’s a pierce skill so probably Fencer will get benefit from this. I tested it with Spear Lunge pierce debuff.
  2. It will be overheat 2 and copyable by clones.
  3. It hit 2 normally on boss and 3 if you in right position. So the skill is actually 7xx% times 2 or 3 with 2 OH.
  4. The cast speed and animation looks decent as videos below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_NlW7ZdFk&t=117s
  5. Mijin have delay before it execute(I only tried level 1). Unless they changed it or higher level have faster execution, then I think Katon>Mijin in your skill slot.
1 Like

oh sorry this hasn’t been updated to fit into the upcoming changes yet.

thanks for the info, I’ll update it after tests and ask around for the rest if I don’t get enough resets

btw @redwea Mijin is also pierce, affects epee garde and preparation to clear things.

I placed 3/5 Mijin and 1/5 Katon currently, we’ll see what’s better for the upcoming patch

update:
The new Mijin looks terribly strong but eats clones after use