Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Well, they even nerfed Swordman’s Dash in PvP to a 50%. I mean, WTF!!! Dashing was OP??? What about BM and SM AND THE WHOLE CLERIC CLASS?

Nope, for pve you can just go fencer 2 mata 2 and take either fencer 3 or mata 3 when we get r10. You lose epee garde and gain mata 2’s 20% damage attribute. (Yet to come here).

Corsair is dead, i converted my old one to doppel and i’m making a new one with hoplite just for the lulz, but farming corsair is unplayable, literally. Aggroing with swordman is a real pain, especially when you can’t cast Swash Buckling with a pistol, and weapon swapping turns off the aggro effect.
The WHOLE swordman’s tree seems to be a slave to cryo’s Ice Tree for landing skills.

Meanwhile on my Falcon BM i can kill 10 monsters with just the 2 overheats from R.I.P at the 340hg. (5k atk, 3k critatk)

Ok it may be anoying but im a passionate goon player since i reset my doppel to goon.(My Battle bird holds my galeslasher since then XD)

Swash>Double pay earn>Dragonfall everything is dead.
Swash jump over the mobs turn around Dethrone (mobbs stand in a line and cant move)
Dethrone>Dragontooth>dead.

Thats in the 340 Hg.

Fencer is a fun cls to play and i just dont like giving up Fencer C3.

Yeah i mean, you can do anything you want, i’m just saying that swordman feels trollish in solo pve since the hitboxes of skills are small and you have no viable mobbing skills. Meanwhile archer and wizard can mob train with just their basic attacks.

Fencer 2 Mata 2 sounds like an okay compromise for pve after we get the patch. For pvp you can still go fencer 3 and take another rank of corsair for longer grapple or shinobi for the invisibility.

edit: It would be cool if swashbuckling was able to be used with all 1 handed combinations without swapping. You already lose so much by going pelt 1.
I like your dragonfall combo but 20s and 50s cd’s make it less and less strong as you get stronger since you’ll be sloppy in the offtime, i prefer having many aoe skills, still cool.

The most anoying thing is just the monster always run in your back as swordy you cant just debuff them all at once so you always have to waste Cooldowns…

You can debuff them, but if you swap away from a stance that cannot use swashbuckling the buff/debuff gets instadisabled, your maximum aggro limit goes back to the one set on the map and you lose the extra aggroed monsters.

That’s why i just gave up my corsair for now, farming 120k monsters was feasible, but now, with the new HG, going 3 circles into corsair gives me a weaker BM’s R.I.P. and nothing else.

Btw how much attack damage do you need for OHitting with dragonfall?

I have a T5 350 orange spear +10 (0 pot)
I use Gm some monster need a debuff before to 1-hit depends on armortype.

But it works realy well with double pay earn and i just dont like magic cls …

Edit: and im almost Full Con ^^

guys I need help figuring out a strange case, I just came back to the game and Ii have a lv200 sw3>pelt>cors>fencer1.

I need to cap this char before the 9th to get a rank reset, i spent all my points into dex(178) and some con(45).
What would be the best continuation for this build considering i just need to pick the best classes to lv up with no op equips?
I was thinking maybe fencer3>doppel (i can’t take the time to do the shinobi quest) but fencer is good only at fencer3 so dunno(so i heard)

Yes, fencer is only good at fencer 3 for now.

you can try either Doppel or corsair 2.

Take any good fillers you can

You guys got any idea on where to find Rajapearl for the card?

I’m seeing weird random field bosses like Glackuman in King’s Plateau (wtf?)

Checked missions for shuffled bosses, haven’t seen Rajapearl yet, maybe from card albums?

You can get Rajapearls at the Crystal Mines mission. Terrible drop rate though…

Wow I did three and Rajapearl did not spawn. Have to deal with both Rajapearl spawning and the drop rate itself.

thanks for the info. This seems to be an important card because most doppels and fencers (with HL2 on early ranks) got Shinobi as R9

HL has Crosscut which applies Bleeding for 10-12(?) seconds and has two overheats. With Prison Cutter Cards it’s a nice damage Boost thus the Rajapearl Cards for extra Bleeding.

However a small warning: Rajapearl applies the most basic bleeding debuff (unlike Crosscut) - World, Field, Challenge and Card Album Bosses are Immune to it (I haven’t done ET/Solmiki Bosses in a while so I can’t tell if they are).

In the past the “easiest” way to get it was grab some friends/guildies and do Purple Card Albums. Up to 25 People can get the Card from a Card Album by creating five Parties and each Party sends one DPS vs the Boss - at the end the entire party will get the card.
Sadly with the drop change they got rather expensive and the Purple Category has a lot of trash Cards.

can you guys tell me wich one between a doppel a fencer and a corsair is less squishy?

In my opinion Fencer is certainly the least squishy. He can use shields, he can add one Pelta circle to get +150 evasion / +25% block / Swash Buckling, and he has a few defensive skills (though not very good) that allows him to mitigate a bit of damage.

Corsairs will be using 1h + dagger or 1h + pistol so no block. At most, they can get Peltasta if they go dagger so they can use Swash Buckling and also get +150 evasion from Guardian lv 1. This would be the second least squishy i’d say.

Doppels are surely the most squishy of them all. They have to use 2h sword so no shield and they take +19% damage from everything due to Deeds of Valor buff.

thanks. i am currently a swordman 3 and i am planning to go next with that build with pelt 1 and corsair1 for my fencer, but i dont know the skill points distribution, can you or another player here help me with a build like that?

Standartbuild:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#111138eeed.234f5f6785.153541.152575.213e447114618595a5b5

Skills may change if the shinobi changes come to our server.

Unless you really want pelt, taking HL2 over Pelt+Corsair is much better right now, if you’re taking shinobi last.

i made a build based on this re-balance

feel free to help on anything (i have doubts on gung and concentrate on this build)