Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

It used to increase the number of damage lines depending on the number of knocked down mobs. Now it’s fixed to 2 lines regardless of how many mobs are knocked down.

What a crazy nerf. Too op in ET I suppose? The burst was insane for the AoE but it’s not like doppel has spammable AoE anyway.

Gonna have to entirely rely on Redel as doppel now, will miss the previous Cyclone more than ever.
I hope shinobi-hl2 added will make up for it.

Cyclone still hits like a truck. I got Cyclone lv 12 on my Doppel, coupled it with 3x Rajapearl (15% chance to inflict bleed) and 3x Prison Cutter (30% more dmg with bleed), and it’s been clearing mob groups like hot knife through butter.

Punish used to hit 1 line of dmg per mob knocked down, meaning it could potentially deal infinite damage. If you could knockdown 18 mobs, it would deal 18x Skill Factor damage to each mob. The nerf made Punish hit 3 lines of damage on each mob regardless, meaning it deals 3x Skill Factor damage to each mob now.

I really liked the Sw3 - HL 2 - Doppel 3 - Shinobi combo, I usually do my rotation switching between Cyclone and Bushin to clear most of a mob group, then Zornhau / Redel enemies that are left aside.

I don’t think lv 10 Zornhau is overkill. If you can get 777k damage with Zornhau on lv 5 Challenge monsters considering their really high defense, you’re really a monster.

What did you sacrifice for it? I already thought about leaving zucken and going cyclone again but I always find reasons not to.

I’m definitely gonna go for it if I don’t get bored and hit R9.
The skill rotation is pretty refreshing even though I like barb a lot because of warcry/frenzy with seism being a pretty neat AoE stun and the C3 running attribute (150 free crit rate yay), I saw that they added some “cooldown” to basic attacks, making the attack speed increase on frenzy quite useless, because if you take 10 seconds to get 30% more p.atk, that’s quite a joke.

I’m currently using this:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#111122999d.233f5f6785.3a45557585.411f5c6a7691.552545

Zucken isn’t a bad skill but Cyclone lv 12 is much, much more comfortable to deal AoE dps with.

Barbarians should get some buffs, or at least make shinobi’s clones able to copy Seism.

I’m okay with Zucken at 0 for the sake of Cyclone, but no Sturtzhau? It’s not incredibly powerful but it has 2 overheat, fast execution and a defence ignore (did it get nerfed?).

I would keep Zornhau at 6 and put those points in Sturtz.

Also, how does Mokuton no jutsu actually works? I never got a shinobi, so I’ve only seen people put 1 point in it.

Rajapeark is [★/3]% or does it change somewhere? I’m using 2 and 1 for Gazing Golem.

All of those skills, even Zornhau, are a bit difficult to use considering you don’t have Swash Buckling to group up mobs properly. Sturtz has a fast execution, but it’s damage is only about as good as Zucken. That build already has tons of dmg skills to boast with, Double Slash, Skyliner, Kunai, Zornhau, Redel, Punish and Cyclone. At that point the rotation is already good enough, it’s better to make fewer, stronger skills, than more, weaker skills.

Cyclone just has a decent AoE around you, which makes it easy to hit mobs, unlike most other skills that usually go in a narrow straight line in front of you.

It’s a really, really, really, really garbage skill. It gives you a buff (which duration depends on skill lvl) and then the first hit you take (that goes through block and evasion) will cancel out the buff and make you fall from the sky on top of the enemy.

The big problem with the skill is how buggy, and slow, the falling animation is. Sometimes it takes ~3 seconds after falling down before you can actually move or do anything.

Same thing happens with Mjin, you take ~2 seconds to charge up explosion, then you fall from sky, taking another ~3 seconds before you can do anything.

Both skills are horrible.

9% (or is it 10%?) chance with 3 cards, my bad.

I may go through your build, but I think I like Sturtzhau too much.
At this point I don’t give a damn about tryharding or getting endgame content, I stop playing for 6 months, come back and repeat…

__

I just saw the Shadowmancer and Bullet marker skills.
Matador feels like a joke (it already did before) compared to those.

Here I was thinking the Doppel was doing fine thanks to his high damage skills.
Silly me.

Are we back to the R7 swordsman situation? Excluding murm, of course.

Doppel is still okay, don’t worry too much about it.

Fencer is what worries me–as well as matador. Currently I feel that Fencer-Shinobi is a much better choice. I mean, It’s what doppel and fencers would go with at this point if they want to have the best build right now (imo)

With doppel you can destroy mission bosses fast with redel and zornhau, I don’t see myself doing that on my fencer.

Dragoon will be stronger than both fencer and doppel after the hoplite/dragoon/cata buff patch hits

It’s still not live? I thought it was with the R9 update.

I think cata-lancer will be quite strong too, I plan to level one from scratch just to have something to do, still hesitating with this and cata-dragoon and hoplite-dragoon.

I’m kinda fearing for the future of doppel and fencer.
How I enjoyed playing those in their glory days, even though no matter what, doppel will stay my main class.

We miss the patch that makes all lines deal extra damage instead of only the first one getting boosted. Doppel will get stronger with that.

We miss all matador’s rebalance with the attribute giving you extra 20% damage on skills that can be used wearing a rapier on mata2.
Hoplite buff.
Cata’s rework.
And the %boost fix on multis that comes along with the falcon rework patch.

Better wait untill the cata patch comes to lvl a cata.
I do it over the weekend and well its like a joke.

Untill lancer autoatacks are better then most of the skills only 2x slash and doomspike are better then cafri autoatacks…

Even Lancer the skills do dmg but the aoe/Hitboxes are terrible …

How is this actually gonna work? The explanation is really vague in the official note.
Is it gonna be for the skills like Redel, concentrate and blessing will apply to each line of damage instead of only once, or just something else I simply don’t get?

They do seem to have a hard time hitting multiple enemies, but they do nuke a lot what they hit.
It’s so rare to see a lancer outside of PvP though, or even at all.

I’m still really undecided between this and dragoon 3.

Currently, % damage boosts (eg Cleave) doesn’t apply to the extra hits granted by the multi-hits attribute. After, it should apply to all hits.

For example, Zornhau’s 3 extra multi-hits, with DoV (+33%), Cleave (+50%), Zwerchhau (+80%)
level 10 now: 1242%x[(1+0.33+0.5+0.8)+3] = 6992%
level 10 after: 1242%x[(1+3)*(1+0.33+0.5+0.8)]=13066%

Zornhau’s an extreme example, but you can see how big of a difference it makes.

That’s insane. So far I always thought “fake” multi hits were 1 big hit, just it was showing multiple hits, so the damage increases were already applied to the said hit.

Can’t wait for this, it does make doppel’s number way more credible.

All fake multihits are bugged and only apply extra damage from buffs on the first hit of the sequence. That’s it, not normal multi hits. Now, i cannot remember if doppel3 skills OR the attributes are fakes but ->

You’re right, the fix will apply to fake multihits in general. The doppel multihit attributes are part of that list of fake multihits.

Of course, this is all moot if the 777k damage cap still applies for Zornhau. It’ll still be helpful for Redel I guess.