Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Currently I have SW2 > HL2 > Barb > Doppel3 with 1:1 STR:DEX. Considering to stat reset it to Full STR or 50~150 DEX rest STR, depends on whether I can use all 5 OH of Skyliner during Cleave’s debuff duration.
Anyone tried full STR on HL2 build? I’m concerned about slow Skyliner spam and low block penetration with full STR.

Or maybe, any insight on SW2 > Barb3 > Doppel3? It looks good for me, tho I’m concerned about lack of filler skills and very high amount of self buffs.

And how does those 2 build fares in ET? Thanks in advance.

HL has an attribute that add 10% crit damage when using 2 hand sword, and it has 5 level, so 50% crit damage total? does it work properly? will it give same amount of crit damage as epee garde?

so r2 has a r8’s active skill as it passive?

it is increase crit attack from your stats , not damage

A bit out of topic,

I logged in to claim the free stuff before they expire and to see 2 necros on my friends list at DP2, does it mean that nothing was actually done here or are these “manned” necros I see?

Soon™

In kTos summons have a 300 seconds limit so in order to “afk” you’d need a macro and thus you can get banned. However this is not live here yet.

So I logged my fencer in again after several months of ignoring Tree of Savior to take Matador Advancement Quest.

Sees 50 Cockatrice Leather
Logs out
thanks IMC

Bullet Marker quest was awful too but at least it’s much more bearable.

I guess everyone that missed the advancement event will suffer big time.

What is even the current state of doppel 3 and fencer 3?

Is doppel still the DPS overlord and fencer the best WB killer?

I’m feeling kinda bamboozled with the new classes update as doppel 3, only SW3 can work.
Was thinking of going barb 2 + fencer 3 + matador 1, but I have the feeling fencers got gutted.

Murmnobi is the best Wb killer now.
They are just OP.

Doppel meta seems to go to Shinobi at r9.
So you can spam Hl skills with bunshin.

No clue about Fencers i dont see many of them.

Shinobi-highlander on murm is a thing now?
I know that now the clones can perform moulinet for a 8000% damage, eventually cleave debuff, but isn’t it usually rodelero/peltasta?
Since cassis crita increases the damage of butterfly and shooting star.

Am I just missing something?

Let’s see…

My doppel seems to be in an okay state despite having sht tier gear (I’m using old stuff)
Say…+15 Vienie Twin blade and a clean sarkmis.

Cyclone AND Punish are kinda crap now— Redel, Zornhau and Zucken seems to be what’s making doppel strong along with DOV.

I won’t include shinobis here because I think we already know that it seems(?) to be the only viable swordsman class right now alongside murm.

Now my fencer is beyond sht tier and is still using venier. and stuck at R8. I think I’m taking Corsair C2 on R9 because I no longer want to bother myself wasting time with prequests on shinobi and Matador.

But playing a little with my fencer, it’s even more sp hungry than before.

Yeah, I’ll probably stick to my bullet marker until Monster Hunter World.

There’s SW3>HL2>Dop3>Shinobi builds, skipping barb. You get DOV and Zwerch. No cleave but there’s double slashes for bunshins I guess

Everything I’m doing right now is purely experiemental and I’m no longer going deep into the game. I don’t have any HG gear at all, so these are just my impressions upon logging in again.

My fokin bullet marker with a practice pistol is outdpsing my doppel and fencer.

Ah i should be more specific xd

Sw3>Hl2>Dop>Shino or Sw1>Hl3>barb>Dop3>Shino

Murm is Rode/Pelt/Hop +Shinobi and murm for the Attribute^^

I dont like Shinobi so i stop with my Doppel and main my dragoon now.

My fencer3 mat1 is doing fine, au fer and balestra can probably easily reach damage cap, since i am using black horn.

doppel nobi and fencer nobi seems popular too.

i resetted my dopp3 to dragoon3, so far so good.
i would’ve wanted to test dopp3 nobi, but i had no time left (1 reset per team per day, as against 1 reset per char per day before), and my shinobi is on murm.
so far me and my guildmate were debating which among redel and zornhau deals more damage.

I may want to try doppel 3 and shinobi. I’ve always wanted a shinobi but murm doesn’t thematically fit with it.
The only thing I’ll miss will be warcry’s atk increase and debuff durations. 15 sec cleave is really neat.

What would you guys advise between doppel 3 shinobi and fencer 3 matador? Dopp-shin numbers seem through the roof compared to fencer.

In the best conditions, it’s zucken out of all.

(With attributes, lv. 10)
Redel : 7728% (with cleave/zwer debuff)
Zucken : 8376% (with double damage from shock debuff and cleave/zwer)
Zornhau : 7452% (with cleave/zwer debuff)

Initially I thought mine was fine too, until I played a different class :<

I don’t really like playing shinobi so I’ll stop with sw classes for now.

Both my fencer and doppel are stuck at R8 unfortunately.

hmmmm… kinda weird, most of the guides i read suggested redel 10 zucken 6 zornhau 6, and there’s one other guide saying zornhau is the hardest hitting doppel skill
:thinking:

hmmm yeah my BM2 does outdamage all my other characters with just Bloody Overdrive lol

AFAIK, Zornhau’s final damage is capped to damage limit, which is 777k, while the other 2 skills aren’t. So ideally, one would only have lv6 zornhau for the attribute and the other 2 skills at higher levels. I was also a believer of lv10 zucken, but the damage is sometimes unreliable so i opted for higher sturtzhau instead and lv10 redel.

I don’t know what you based your calculations off, but your numbers are totally wrong… also, it’s been a while since Zucken damage isn’t boosted properly by Shock effect, right now it’s the worst out of the 3 Rank7 Doppel abilities.

Whitout taking into account Zwerchau/Cleave, which is useless to account for since it boosts all of them equally:

Redel level 10 -> (368% x 14 hits) = 5152%
Zucken level 10 -> (349% x 8 hits) = 2792%
Zhornau level 10 -> (1242 x 4 hits) = 4968%

As you can see, Zucken sucks.

Also, Zhornau damage is capped, so it can’t go past 777k, total hits included, that’s why you usually don’t level it past 6, with nice transcendence and decent attribute, you’re gonna hit the damage cap easly, there is no point leveling it further.

Redel is the only skill worth maxing, hell, even Sturzhau level 5 is better than Zucken (1626% with 2 overheat against Zucken’s 2792%, one-use only)

Right now with Punish being nerfed, what Doppel lacks is AoE damage, so we’re back in spending more points in Cyclone, most of all if you didn’t follow the Shinobi route, which would have allowed you to dish out more damage in the waves.

Hello I’m Main warrior player I was playing dopel with good equip so the main dps skill is redel so you need max it and get good atributes point of it you will see the different between zohn and redel cus with redel you can easy 1 shot alot of the boss from Salus . Zohn lv 6 to get the atributes redel 10 and zuken 6 zuken is a good dmg vs boss. Cyclone it just lv 3 dov lv 15 punis 1 and 1 point to the other skils.

Miscalculation from my side since I accounted the shock, cleave and zwer debuffs, I did have these numbers before adding it. (simply add the 50% extra dmg, except for zucken you’ll see)

I didn’t even know that zucken doesn’t get the double damage from shock since I don’t use it anymore.
I’m 6 on zornhau, 6 on zucken and 10 redel.

What are the nerfs on Punish? I find it difficult to use Cyclone again because of how nerfed to the ground it got, farther than 3 doesn’t seem worth it at all.

Not sure of the exact nerf, but basically it’s like Doppel C1’s punish turned into AOE, instead of a massive echo slam of what it used to be.