Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

What are the best skills for PVE currently used on a fencer?

Flash>Balestra>Sept in terms of damage for me. But if you’re farming, I stay away from Fencer skills because it’s gonna make me broke.

i hope cyclone movement attribute gets fixed in this maintenance, its been a while jeez…

1 Like

Just checked ingame as soon as the servers went up, still not fixed… asgfygnsaufiygahsuid@’?!"

g g lets wait till r9

What line of skills do you use when facing bosses while using Glass Mole effect?

I usually use my fencer skills with it. Sometimes when we’re doing boss over 35m hp I tend to play around and use it with hl skills though depending on my mood lol.

If you want, you can see my rotation here

but that’s just for bosses with low hp. I’m not really strict with my play-style so I just use whatever feels right after I dump my first mole (if I can burst it with sept, I pop another one but if it’s only a few 100ks I just finish off with HL skills or 2slash)

1 Like

finally blackhorn (that failed twice at +10 so currently at +7 with 5 potential left, saving for memeanvils ;_:wink: and a two slots blue HG CR dagger(with a +10 CR awakening after 20 or so attempts, ■■■■ you vaidotas)

So…the reason of the post is: I want to ask you guys: Green gems or Red gems for my dagger? Currently I’m on ~4.2k attack without Forge/party buffs and 576 critical rate using the dagger, no party buffs.

Two lv 7 red gems = +370 physical attack (~4600 attack)
Two lv 7 greens = +104 CR (~680 total)

or maybe mix red/green for 630 total CR and ~4.4 attack

I still have awakening stones that I bought recently to try on my black horn but it’s unlikely to get something good with less than 20 attempts, I have no plans to transcend it further for now or upgrade it more since I’ll focus my shards on my cryo. Gems will also stay at lv 7.

I played with my old offhand weapons (2x lv 6 reds) and a manamana with green for CR and well, while double slash loves the red gems since it’s almost a guaranteed crit, I’m afraid that the pierce skill set while epee is on will probably be much better with extra CR so I don’t know what do… Green seems more futureproof with a possible upgrade to my rapier and party buffs like thauma’s, but chronos are everywhere and they give a lot of CR already

Any suggestions?

4 Likes

My current Crit. Rate is 534 and I’m using Red Gems for Offhand. Remember that Balestra Fente reduces Crit. Resistance by 40 per level. The big problem with Crit chance is the formula itself. It’s Max(0, Crit Rate - Resist)^0.6 with Max so the game doesn’t factorize negative values by 0.6 … the higher the difference gets - the less you get out of it.

Example Values Round Down:

• 100 Difference > 15% Chance
  • 200 Difference > 24% Chance
  • 500 Difference > 41% Chance
  • 700 Difference > 50% Chance
  • 800 Difference > 55% Chance
  • 1500 Difference > 80% Chance

It really depends on the enemies Crit. Resistance but I personally wouldn’t stack up too much Crit. Rate. IMC might add high Crit. Resist Monster in future so it could be worth it, not to mention if you transcende/refine it far enough (+12 tran. 3 Black Horn here) the red gems might not be necessary. I was considering switching to Green Gems in future, but I’m unsure right now as well (I don’t know the crit resist values of most monsters, only from a few bosses).

Yeah man, it’s a hard choice… I just want my yellow numbers back, maybe they should rework epee to +50% final crit chance (like c3 sapper’s broom trap) instead of that +50% damage, kek

Now I’m also interesting in trying the very high dex build with maxed concentrate, but I’m not sure if 380~420 dex will give enough atk speed to connect 5x flanconnades+ 3x doubles slash in a single lunge and 3x dust devil+5x flanconnades in the next lunge without macros, of course. Mashing buttons is part of the fun of playing swordsman.

I have good ping but… there’s also the huge guaranteed ATTACK loss from giving up on str and gung ho on the high mod skills but concentrate has the advantage of being usable with guardian without much loss

Accuracy might also be a issue for pvp until get a solmiki leather gloves.
I wish I didn’t had massive lag problems back when we had the super reset events to test ■■■■ properly, lol.

I still have a few stats reset potions from past events but these potions are a rare/expensive resource these days and I have a feeling that they will change more things soon so this needs to be well planned.

Anyone playing High dex Fencer 3 with corsair c1 in the build here?

this topic is still ongoing ? it was made Before the Game battle mechanics Updates.
would it not be easier to read title -updated- guide to fencer- on a new post?

Any new topics made will auto-close after X amount of days.
This topic will [probably] live on for as long as possible (it was made before that change was introduced).

Think aiming for 600 is enough or close to it. However, I feel going full green gem offers you flexibility. You can equip glad bands, phadas, or other type of armors that don’t offer crit rate without losing too much crit rate %.

Ive got a almost full STR doppel w some CON (80). SW 3 HL 2 DOP 3 (pain barrier ftw). And i just got a Sarkmis and i upgraded it to +11. My HP worries me after putting on the sarkmis.
I have nyx set ATM but that can change.
Im wondering what kind of gems should i put in the weapon. I dont have much Crit Rate using plate. I want to do ET w my char so, are reds better overall?
Or should i go leather set (kaulas por ex) and go greens and be more critical?

I see this build has rise in popularity…
Realy???
You trade a mediocre fille Skyliner lvl 5 against cleave???
What a dumb build sorry.

Red gems in weapons are bad.
You can easy reach 500-600 crit with doppel.
Alone the 40% more dmg with crit will deal more then red gems.
Its not even real atk its only MAX ATK why ppl dont understand that?

It may change after the ktos patch where plate armor gets better but now leather>plate

1 Like

Hello guys, haven’t been playing for around 8 month, looks like there alot of changes and venier finally sucks :smiley: quited right after I get R8 and spend almost all money to upgrade venier +12 potential 2
can someone kindly introduce me to the latest updates and builds, and maybe help a little?
something I already noticed:

• most of skills instead of flat attack became %, so dex builds right now sucks?
  • we can equip pistols on r1 corsair <3
  • lunge kinda sucks right now, and sept got 2 overcharges
    So right now I really want to rework my skills (not a build), i’m s1p1b2c1f3 and stats 230+dex 70+con, if someone can suggest something i’ll appreciate it :3

Fencer skills:

No clue about your build.
But Sw3/Hl2 or sw3pelt1corsair1 are meta now.
Dex depends on your ping since it gives you faster skill spam on specific skills.

thanks.
well read this thread a little, looks like everything is so complicated right now in terms of builds, a lot of possibilities in one or another, need to lvlup 330 and better equip to test everything myself, but right now it’s better to stick with my current one and sw3pelt1cor1 on the way, cause until r9 announce there gonna be a lot of changes…

Flexibility is good, I think I’ll do the 1/1 red/green option for now and think again about later if I manage to get a better dagger (that one which gives str).

Also, what’s you conclusion on very high dex builds (390 or 410 dex) and concentrate memes? We are going to get a free stats/skill reset potion soon and I’m tempted to try this

Anyway, I still need a solmiki leather gloves…

Wait for more balance skill changes I guess. I’m full str atm cuz solmiki leather armor + black horn + crystaras give enough dex for me to spam. (161 dex total)

Also full str helps with cross guard blocking memes. Full or high dex dmg is preety good if you wanna do monstrance all the time because dex * 1.3 which boosts your evasion, crit attack, and concentrate bonuses.