Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Yep, this one https://tos.neet.tv/quests/80227

Hmm. Well that’s pretty much a typical way how hybrid builds work. You gain some and lose some. Since there’s an upcoming reset, i’ll try it anyway.

Aside from 50% crit atk, is there anything else HL offers? I’ve stumbled upon a suggestion here that HL3 is better than barb 3 on doppel builds

I´m sw1>Hl3>Barb1>Doppel3>Myself.
Hl gives you more skills barbarian gives you more Buffs.
With barbarian you get a stronger Cyclone.
With Hl you have other skills to spam if Cyclone is on CD.
Armor Break is nice.
And well its just me but i love Catar Stroke 15 its so damn good against Plate Targets.
Untill the 230er dun you can 1-hit kill all dun mobbs with it.(Good invested)

Alright Fencerino.

Time to jizz

2 Likes

>No crit

almost capped

1 Like

What skill is that? And equip + attributes? :o

Lolorapier , lvl 20 attribute(which is 10% and not sure if he lvled it up cause this was on his previous video) , Au fer

daaaamn, full str build? Is the lolo transcended + anvil enhanced? With prepa? how do they farm lolo weapons in ktest? Can’t wait to see damage using new practo rapier

that is not ktest. Ktos just got the patch today.

His not full str, his 160 dex rest str

I am moist

/20moist20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6KMUSVxyQM&list=TLGGBlbhLTguB94yNzA0MjAxNw#t=1.333085 more fencers

This is the best fencer i know in ktos. His going hl c3 barb c1 Fencer c3

1 Like

with this changes, for pure dps, what is better?

Fencer 3 or doppel3

i know doppel has a better AoE and fencer has a better single target damage, but in general, who is better in your opinion

From fedimian mission only videos they honestly both look pretty balanced. If that’s actually the case then the answer to your question would depend on what armor type the class is up against.

Pretty much not enough info is out yet. Give it a day or two and there will probably be enough videos from both classes with end game gear to make a solid decision

1 Like

thank you for the complete answer

With the new updates to armor reduction skills, even if they currently do not provide much benefit, can coquille and skull swing stack now? It causes somewhat of a redundancy issue now but hl3 might be an extremely good pick for fencers in the latest ktos update, especially if skull swing and coquille can work together instead of cancelling each other out.

Man … just play what you like more.
Nerfs/Rebalance will come and go.

I dont like Rapier/Fencer so i will stay doppel (Fits me way more)
And R9 is commig soon.

Some people determine what they like more based on DPS? There’s really nothing wrong with that.

Welcome to different people having different mindsets

3 Likes

What, this thread became a Doppel mixed thread? The ■■■■ Lostac had in mind.

Anyway, I gave a time and returned somewhat a month ago. Though I did not visit the forums till now.

I decided to make a case here after the clarifications in the recent Q&A concerning fencers and critical rate. I will say sorry because it will be a long text.

Ahn, at first I thought it was like “Fencer are going to be screwed” like some people was thinking. Well, this is wrong even without the videos, for a specific reason.

Fencer skills are working the exact same way as the other classes in terms of output damage, so it will have the same merits and demerits, with the only difference being the damage style (which is single target damage).

The only thing that I’m noticing is that critical chance is not something that you can count on anymore. I mean, if at least there were sword classes that were giving some critical rate in % like archers have (and as far as I looked on ktos base, there are none) it would be fine.

My conclusion is that Epee Garde will not be relevant at all. I though this skill would be remade to give more critical rate, but no, it still gives the crit atk bonus.

Unless there are some way of dealing critical strikes frequently, nobody will be making that anymore for Fencer. I mean, they will, but that will be like, a bonus.

I know there will be items that will make for it, but for what price? Fencer already pay a lot having 0 synergy with everything else. I heard that they want to Fencers to autoattack, which demands a change in Rapier Aggression, otherwise it will be dumb do autoattack with Rapier, even if it has more durability.

And the last question, aside from you loving Fencing, why would you do a Fencer now? Frankly, if spears were a strong pierce damage option, now they are the only efficient option. Just put it on paper, there is no reason to use a Rapier now, aside from your preference.

One thing that could be different is changing the damn defensive aspects of Fencer skills, giving more of the effect of “cleverly defending and dodging while attacking in the weak spot” which Fencing is about.

Anyway, sorry about the text wall.

2 Likes

Well ist definitly true that we cant reach 100% crit chance, but given the current formula its easy and with good gear it possible to reach ~ 50% Crit chance which is still fine. We might not need Venier or Lolopanther Rapier cuz +2 Fencer skills isnt that strong anymore.

Also we dont have 0CD Skill on Attaque Composee - which means we might need other DPS Classes to fill in on our rotation. -> Which further decrease the value of Epee Garde. (We dont have 100% Pierce Dmg only Skills)

Atm im thinking of changing back to my Highlander Fencer i made back in those days of R7.

Something like Highlander 3 - Barb1- Fencer 3 might be very good for a DPS option. (This is definitly what i wanna try when the patch hits us)

Also Fencer was never screwed - only because we just saw some guys with white weapons on ktest dealing 0 Dmg means its that way… We all know Fencer is a class which requires a lot of gear to work.

I definitly think this patch will bring in Fencers even more. Its not that boring Gameplay with Attaque Composee all day long. We might have some interesting combinations of classes which works together.

Back in R8 Epee Garde and 0 CD just killed any diversion in builds, cuz it would be perfetly fine to be just Fencer 3, nothing else was required.

Also it looks like Spear Type classes are not that strong anymore. Stats on those weapons are far inferior to the nw orange Fencer rapier…

1 Like

45-50% critical chance is absolutely within the realm of possibility for end game players, and most people are “fortunate” enough to have that right now. Epee will be fine

The price is really only two things: Using full leather armor (which a LOT of fencer players already do anyway) and switching to green gems. New practonium rapier not really worth it depending on the threshold of crit chance you’re currently at.

Auto attacking with fencer is actually not as bad as it may sound, especially depending on your class build. This update actually gives MORE synergy to with every other class build. In fact this update forces fencer into being not a standalone class anymore.

For example, an auto attack heavy dex build will give amazing synergy with frenzy, and new frenzy seems really good. Also, highlander2 and above combined with fencer has amazing combo potential right now. DPS of this seems a bit lacking, but without armor penalties being an issue anymore, I think highlander and fencer is an extremely viable combo now too - this update just makes sword3 a lot less viable because you have a lack of offensive abilities with that path. I am fine with this.

Because fencer is actually still extremely high DPS, and the skillcap has gotten higher as well with the potential for comboing with previous circles. Honestly fencer seems a LOT more fun to play now compared to just doing nothing but casting compo.

This is true. I haven’t seen many players using it, but I believe esquive toucher is one of the high skillcap skills I’m referring to now. It is one of the few skills left that still scales defensively with a percentage, so using it at the right time with the right stat build can potentially be life saving. Also, if dex affects flanconnade attack speed (The patch notes don’t say anything about this, but videos make it seem like it does) then the invincibility buff flanconnade provides suddenly becomes humanly timeable and viable.