Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Yep i´ll focus on Black Horn, IMO it seems like the obvious choice with that huge Crit Rate, some Dex (i aim to go full Str) and AoE Ratio.
I think Black Horn is even superioir to Solmiki one, but thats just my opinion given the new stat rework. (We need much Crit Rate)

Well i have to switch Venier in for Epee Garde, but than change back to Black Horn

haha I couldn’t care less about the damage now. I like black rapiers :open_mouth::scream::mask:

1 Like

So I just started and after doing some research, I was thinking of going the Fencer route. The things is, a lot of the builds are sort of old. Was hoping for the most up to date Fencer build info

same here. We might find it harder to keep track of builds once the revamp goes live in iToS

Fencer is a standalone class (Because we have 1 0CD Skill to spam, and with Epee Garde up ur dmg is incredibly high - that is with good gear)
Also dont forget u will need a lot of SP Potions… :stuck_out_tongue:

U have to be Fencer C3 for Epee Garde, so R6,7,8 are out.

Means u are free to choose between R2-5

Here are some preferences.

Sw3 is pretty good, cuz Pain Barrier lvl 15 is very strong, also Gung-Ho buffs Fencer dmg very much - cuz we lack any form of good rapiers, so PAtk is very important for us. (This is not the case with Lolopanther or Solmiki Rapier, tho)

Peltesta is a good Choice, Guardians additional PDef and Evasion is pretty good. But u wont ever use a shield, so u only take it for that and maybe Swash Buckling.

Barbarian is a solid choice, cuz u get Cleaves additional Crit Rate, and a slash Dmg debuff furthuer increasing Flannconades dmg, if u need some slash dmg, while ur Epee Garde is not up.
Higher ranks barbarian are also pretty good,cuz Warcry increases ur PAtk by a lot.

Hoplite C1 is very nice, cuz u can use Stabbing and Pierce (Stabbing is incredible strong, cuz u have a lot of hits and u can double the dmg with Preperation)

Corsair C1 is also a nice choice, if u like some more CC with Hook and Dust Devil - also u have the Pillaging

So given those choices there are some popular builds:
Sw3-Pelt-Corsair-Fencer3 (This is my build, but if i ever can i will change Pelt for Barb1)
Sw2-Barb3-Fencer3 (Some more dmg, but i realy love this Pain Barrier lvl 15…)
Sw1-Pelt1-Barb3-Fencer3 (same as before just without Restrain and with Guardian)
Sw3-Hop-Corsair-Fencer3 (High Pain Barrier, Stabbing, some CC)
Sw3-Hop-Barb-Fencer3 (High Pain Barrier, Stabbing, Cleave)

So this are the Fencer builds i would choose from. For my playstyle the best is Sw3-XXX-Corsair-Fencer3 (This is because i realy love the Corsair Outfit and the Hook for some Pvp, also i can never go back from Pain Barrier lvl 15)

Hope that gave u some little insight on Fencers, u cant realy pick anything wrong, cuz ur main Skills are from the Fencer class itself, everything else is just additional bonus - choosen because of preferences.

The future rework might change all those things, but without the real patch notes its just specualtion.

1 Like

im prolly go for sw c2 barb c3 fencer c3 and remove my pelt.

Sw c3 is boss focus oriented while barb has alot amount of dmg gain from it(Frenzy stacks 30% patk increased as barb c3)

Since i wanna be more general purpose instead of specific build. I might go that path.

Composee and falcon got a minor buff. lvl 10 now give 407% instead of 310% for composee

are fencer skills pierce-based?

Yeah, Fencer is a pierce-based class.

Attaque Coiquille let u ignore PDef if u use pierce skills.
Epee Garde multiplies pierce only dmg.
Agression is an attribute giving u another 1,15 multiplier for Pierce-based attacks.
Preperation doubles the dmg of the next pierce-based skill.

For example: Using Preperation before using Stabbing doubles the dmg of every hit of stabbing - this results in very big dmg spikes, cuz the attribute for Stabbing is realy cheap, making it a skill which gets a lot of huge multiplier WITH 14 hits. (If u are not a Hoplite in a Fencer build ur best skill to use together with Preperation is Sept Etoile, which is 8 Hits)

since this is also a doppel thread, what are other viable builds for dop aside from sw-hl1-barb3-dop3?

Is dop3 a stand-alone class as well? Also, does it require a lot of silver to be effective like murmillo?

Sword 3 hl1 barb1 dop3 or sword2 barb3 doppel3 and it might require the most silver of any swordie build.

Which is the most suitable for general pve? What do I miss out if I go for pelt instead of HL?

You loose 50% crit dmg.
Dont know why you guys all want pelt in a doppel build ~.~

sw3 pelt hop fen3 is really nice for full pve player

pelt taunt mob to wall then stabbing them

It´s about doppel not fencer ^^
(Surprising but true)

Cause sb is a great CC skill especially if you don’t have link or cryo. Can’t imagine myself running to every single monster in a screen just to gather them. What’s the use of aoe if you can’t gather mobs efficiently?

Please play goon or Fencer.
Loose 50% dmg because of lazzyness…
Theres at least Synergy.

Well I have a pelthopgoon already and I’m tempted to make a fencer. But at least doppel is making me want to make a non-pelt swordie for once. Btw, I’m purely a pve player. I don’t care about pvp so any future justifications regarding pvp utility is irrelevant.

Also, is it really 50% damage tho? You’re saying 50% crit atk = 50% damage. I’m not that familiar with damage calculations. You might want to enlighten me on that matter :slight_smile:

Also
wanting to be efficient != laziness*

Just grab any auto aggro quests

Well that could work. Are there aggro quests that turn off once I abandon the quest?

Its 50% more of your C-atk.
Lets say you have a sword with 3x lvl 6 Yellow gems.
3603=1080*1,5=1557
You have to go for Full dex and after cleave you will have 100%crit with Cyclone.
Thats a Huge dmg lost.

Your not a taunter/Tank your a DD.