Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Lol interesting builds. I play an unique tanky variant on Vakarine. I’d offer my criticism but don’t want to get keyboard warrior’d on. :confused:

1 Like

No point on being bothered by these kinds of discussions right now honestly. Sooner or later one would have to completely reroll a character to match the upcoming ranks. Right now our main purpose should be having fun and experimenting builds rather than trying to build an definite end game character at all. Of course that does not mean building a really unefficient character but yeah… as @AnitaCafe stated, just chill.

Try not to get mad. That’s what he wants, because he’s angry we’re not the meta. You have really solid builds and most Fencers who come on the forums looking for advice have gotten it from you. There’s other threads out there right now stating we’re not the meta as well, that Earth Tower isn’t our best task compared to a lot of classes, etc. The information is there so if he’s so concerned about players picking this class, if they do a bit of research they’ll know if it is or isn’t for them. He could also make his own guide as to what class he plays being the meta but instead of being constructive he wants to attack people.

Clears throat, cracks knuckles, and puts Lostac in the loop her arm glaring at the screen.

Lol, no really though… @Lis has a point we are far from end game. I’m hoping that never causes me to have to reroll another Fencer though! I mean I will, I’ve decided I’m way too in love with this class (and a masochist) but… I’m really thinking Matador is going to sync well with Fencers/Corsairs. Lancer for spear wielders and maybe Luchador for Dopples in terms of raw damage. I’m a little giddy because I have so much fun theory crafting builds, we need info on them! X’D

4 Likes

Join the shitnobis…be a member the narutard clan!

Down with asuna wannabes…

Heel heatler

You made Asuna cry. You should be ashamed.

O…I recall that moment…she was only intending to consumate with kirito and wanted privacy…

She kinda spotted me in my ever so exquisite disguise popping out of the window like a sore thumb…so I no choice but to pack up my video recorder and apologize for interfering before closing the window.

Wished I could had egged them on and film the whole process though…what a waste…

I was going to call you a pervert, but I have sexually harassed you so much at this point I don’t think that would be fair…

So at this point, I’m just going to show ladies what to do when someone is a pervert, this may be detrimental to my own health later.

Also know your pervert types (were mostly weebs around here anyway so we fall in these categories):

I’m probably a flirty pervert. Nods sagely.

OKAY NO MORE DERAILMENT OR LOSTAC WILL HURT US… Drags the7crowmisfits by the ear.

1 Like

Hey I’m an aspiring wannabe fencer shinobi… Lostac kinda gave me a lot of interesting tips to being a fencer so I had to pop to his/hee topic to see anything interesting XD

Huehuehuehue

Who knew derailing trains could be so fun

@Lostac sorryyyyyyy

1 Like

Im 178 and going for str fencer. For now im about 80:60 str/dex
Dmg still good but anyone who is going the same way can tell me if that build have a good dps later on?

No it doesnt and that the issue !

Fletcher3, Wugushi3, Quarrel3, wiz3Elem3Warlock wiz3kino3Warlock wiz3Pyro3Warloc, cryokino runecaster will be faar in front you in term of damage. You will still be okay for grind parties but when you will try do worldboss you wont get anything if there is a little bit of competition.

I have a friend 280 dopple2 with very good gear that can’t even deal more damage one long fight compare to a 250 archer build fletcher.

Now I’m not happy to say that so many build are broken in game, I don’t get any satifaction and I hope it will change to play close range dps effectively. Have the choice in term of class to play in game. Im expecting a lot of change for the swordman tree in term of damage calculation but right now is broken and the monster plate leather cloth ghost damage reduction is so shiet for swordman so many boss are ghost armor and physical damage are too much reducted. This is not fun but this is reality

The only thing that can do swordman now in a team effectively is tanking off tanking with more or less substain damage to keep agro better.

I’m not saying that tank are needed everywhere. TOS class variety make no class absolutely needed. Depending in what your teamate class are you can make many different class composition to achieve your purpose, swordman dps job stop after leveling.

Tank are not needed for instances dosent mean that they are useless and can’t do a nice job there. In my servers 2 team have a fencer tank and dragoon tank that do nice job in ET 1f-5f,

For worldboss 260-280 Tank is absolutely needed. Not the cheap tank 20k hp real tank.

I’m not saying that fencer is bad. Again fencer is a great class that can be a really strong tank mixing awesome suvivability and be very good at keeping agro.

But that 18k hp fencer on vid that is happy to dodge blue spion is absolutely trash considering what the game is now. And please don’t come talk about swordman ktos buff. Make the calculation what will be the damage bosst if the str part in skill calculation increase by 30%

Maybe some will give the same escuse most fail build say at the end : “But but my build is for pvp not pve !”

And now I ask you this : Where are you suppose to get your character equipement ?
If it’s blue spion then gg. If it’s not then push brain reflexion harder when you make a build.

I know that for the creator of this topic that will be impossible to admit it but at least for those less closed minded , they should realize that there is a bit of an issue here.

( Maybe Swordman endgame content is forum trolling and fail build making since there is nothing at the end to do ingame with those build. )

2 Likes

Mind if i just… There is indeed an issue with swordsmen capabilities on both the dps and tanking department. No one is arguing against with that, @Lhydre. In order to be extremely effective one would need to build a full tank, correct. It is a fact and you are completely right there. It needs some sort of revamp in case we want to take swords to the dps side. BUT, even so, despite its disadvantages and whatnot, why not let them (us, in fact) be whatever they want to regardless of efficiency? At this point if, you take the only fun factor from players who like to see a sword/spear wielding character doing damage away, theres simply no reason to play whatsoever if thats what they like to see. Let swords be the best they can inside their own limitations if thats what drives one’s fun. That is all, thanks.

2 Likes

Why is it fail build though? Because we’re not looking to just do Earth Tower? We’re having fun with our classes? We don’t need to be the very best, like no one ever was, to Fence them is my real test, to dice them is my cause… Trails off singing.

Clears throat. There’s a lot of content coming, more fixes (not just the one you named) being added and planned for class specifics. There isn’t an end game yet either. The game is going all the way to 600, not 280. We’ve already explained it’s not meta, and we can clearly see you don’t care for the class. That’s fine. Well noted. You may go make your meta thread now and let this one alone so people who want to play DPS Fencer have a nice place to discuss it.

Edit: Also, throws up hands, I refuse to acknowledge anymore wall of text posts repeating yourself and insulting players. The only person trolling here is you, a person not even playing the class, who is angry some people don’t want to do what you think we should because that’s how you think we should play the game. I am so tired of people who think anyone that has a difference of opinion is beneath them and that they should start throwing insults. That is immaturity at it’s finest, and Lostac actually has spent a great deal of time helping players. Who are you even?

6 Likes

I will travel across the maps
Killing every mob~

Each Circle Skill to understand
the DPS insiiiiiide~

Fencer class!

It’s you and Tree~
I know it’s mah destiny~

Fencer class!

…okay, I’ll stop…

3 Likes

You hit me,
And I’ll hit you,
FENNNNNNNNNCER CLASSSSSSSSSS,
FENCER CLASS!

<.< >.> Runs away.

1 Like

Bookmarked, interesting thread and btw i’m also a male fencer, should i reroll? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, you should reroll and make a female fencer. Kappa

1 Like

Female Fencer too OP in looks, needs nerf.

1 Like

Please don’t. Male Fencers make me think of Victorian era male hotties.

Dorian Gray anyone? Sighs wistfully…

5 Likes

Maybe but if you stay as a male fencer, there’s a a harem of female fencers just waiting for you. :wink:

1 Like

All of which are actually guys. =P

1 Like