Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

if we get the kr patch asap, corsair no matter what circle should be nice with the innate pillage, then you just plant the flag for damage nullification if ever and use corsair for cc

doesn’t really matter what you pick now after sw3, it’s up to you, I just like having pelt on my fencer to kill mobs faster whenever I need to solo, that’s the problem I’m having on my non pelt builds atm.

Hmm problem with me is i do not have any non pelt builds before. Im just not sure whether survivability is a huge issue without guardian. And guardian is really my only worry here. Swash is not something i really care for as i know wat im missing.

As an experienced person like u, is swash the only main difference for u? Since ur only talking about killing faster. If swash is the main reason ur going pelt im skipping pelt lol. I dont like having skill points dumped into umbo or rim which i wont be using, and im not planning to taunt alot with this char. Guardian is the key factor now.

Long story short: my worry is really between “guardian vs cleave vs jolly roger”

Guardian now is more for Def than evasion. Of corse evasion is a bonus, but for me, that boost on def really worth the circle.

5 points well invested.

Edit: Just finished my 3rd and last venier today

Killed a Golden Yellow Candle with DPE and when I checked how many yellow gems it droped, I’ve noticed mob has droped almost 900k silver…

1 Like

it’s swash and guardian.

with proper setup+yellow gems+guardian, even those archers in tevhrin that 1 shot people can be a joke

Do you drop gungho then? Since u run on guardian, i took mine to 3.

I guess i dont get to skip pelt then. Im so bored of that class hahahaha

I use both gungho and guardian depending on the map/situation

mostly it’s gungho but when dealing with hardmode physical monsters it’s guardian

you can skip pelt and just go with higher level yellow gems+armor transcendence.

SW3>Barb2 is okay if you feel like skipping corsair and pelt

ive got a question - is 1k phy def enough for new 280+ maps?
In Salvia forest red spion archers hit me with their spiral arrow for like 5-6 dmg …

with the power spike you need about 1.5k to be safe on 300+ maps but some (like lhadar forest) are no threat

where to get another 500 phy def…:grin:

+4 or higher armors
Level 5 or higher yellow gems
aspersion
guardian
transcendence stage 1-3 (easy, costs less than weapons)

What about the armor card from the 1st boss if Siauliai mission, is it % or flat numbers?

Haven’t tested it myself, I think it’s flat though

Deadborn is flat

its flat - tested it a while ago …

Further doubts, a cascade of them to be precise, apologies in advance:

• how relevant is getting dust devil from Lv1 to Lv 4 in the long run?
  • how relevant will be maximizing flesche considering it has no enhance?
  • how decent is attaque au fer for its damage? too small a hitbox to be worth leveling?
  • how exactly are peltasta’s C guard reliable in the 300+ game PvE wise? Would Lv 7 preparation with its 85% somehow eventually pass a full active C guard?
  • how useful is flaconnade’s damage output considering dust devil and double slash in the same build? in the 280 cap its block was also fairly useless (so very situational)
  • considering guardian and a high dex build, what kind of sense makes leveling Lunge/Esquive other than its medium’ish increase in damage per hit?

Thank youus.

Dust devil…not much since the scalling is poor, but it’s not like you have much options for corsair c1. You can put points into lock chest if you want

Fleche and au fer

Personally I maximized it for PVP, the reach is amazing and the burst is nice, but yeah, eventually enhanced composee will outdps it.
Au Fer, same thing, I took it mostly for PVP because sometimes you have to use balestra as a gap closer after iron hook to reposition yourself, so au fer turns into the killing blow, the hitbox is also good. the disarm… rarely worth.
Also, Au Fer has similar Cd to Fleche so it’s like a 4th Fleche charge.

Fleche reach:

Au Fer

Composee

C guard…
Still amazing, since not only you get a impossible block rate, you also gain a huge amount of defense. Plate top/bottom + shield + yellow gems and aspersion 17 and block = virtually immune to physical attacks
Regarding Preparation, I wish I could experiment with a higher level one (mostly for pvp), unfortunately when you take a CC it breaks it so not really worth, maybe for peltless builds, and you usually want to use it for the quick burst so channeling it is not that interesting when in a dps role.

Lunge will put you into the evasion “cap” easily, you don’t even need to invest much into it. After the composee buff, well, still not sure if it’s worth maxing it. Mine’s lv 5 atm (7), maybe if you want to keep composee low but still get a higher damage into your rotation. It seems that some people just forget about lunge (upgrading another skill attribute to relevant levels is costly). It’s great to use Lunge when Pain Barrier is about to end. Oh and of course, there’s the SLASH bonus debuff, stacks with Cleave, good for dealing with Cloth when Epee is down or have a Doppel partner…

For pvp it’s decent too, unfortunately you only get the evasion bonus if you hit something, unlike Toucher. Toucher’s main problem is that the evasion bonus SECONDS at pve is very low, it’s decent when you’re a fencer c1 as a complement on your rotation but as soon as you get composee forget about toucher. Keep it for pvp lv 1-3, but sometimes it bugs and you don’t even get the bonus (At pvp it lasts for 4 seconds, and unlike lunge, you don’t need to hit something to get the bonus). There’s a Toucher combo where you can cast it, cancel and proceed to use another skill and the hits will all burst at the same time but unfortunately you can’t use this to do a “double preparation burst” so it’s just for show off

Edit: Flanconnade question, well, it will be of great help when you’re a Fencer c2 since you can use it do deal with cloth. Lunge (Cleave too if you have) and then DD/Double Slash, Flanconnade comes as a complement for this. It’s slower than Composee but does the job well, a great tool for Fencer c2 at r7 content. At r8, well, it’s epee garde pierce, filler slash on cloth when it’s down, but the uptime is so good that it’s not really a issue. In m case since I don’t have Cleave, only Lunge is not worth to Flanconnade/Skyliner outdps Composee when Epee is on, even on Cloth mobs, mostly because of the armor ignore part of the Attaque Coquille with pierces.

2 Likes

That was very detailed and helpful; it is true a picture is worth a thousand words, sometimes. Will somehow save those pictures and descriptions on my favourites, thank you for the effort.

Yes! That is something im very fond of in Esquive. That and the fact it can be quickly canceled but still delivers every hit. Could be used as an extension to other skills perhaps while in C1

Cors 3? What path do you have for your Venier farmer?

Farmed ambers with doppel DPE(about 7 days because I farm only 2 by day).
Venier recipe about 2 hours killing yellow candles.
Rest aré easy to get.

Deleted my corsair c2 1 month ago.

it’s still % based right not dpk for Venier?

Venier still a dpk.
But keep in mind if you try to farm with a swordie, you will need half of current DPK value.

I think you can get venier recipe early with a corsair c3 because yellow candle spider only drops yellow gem(dpk) and wax.