Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

@Lostac @Elaralam @SkyKirisame I will try to do some math about Composee and SP cost when I get home after my shift. Let’s see if it’s worth to max Composee

Would be nice to get videos that show that Venier can actually affect Epee past lvl 5 now, since the patch is live already.

Until then I’ve sort of given up on making a Fencer for now, decided to make a hop3-dragoon instead (spear throw spam is so beautiful with the 1 -> 3 hits buff). Makes for a great alternative to Scout3 for farming dungeons too.

It is confirmed. There’s one video where the epee is shown as level 7.

Edit: actually, here’s the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcuPxznmOYY

I don’t know If is a good idea overlap scout 3 because of spear throw(spammable but slow).

Weird, Crit damage is 323% - it should be more.
Maybe too many buffs that enter after Epee’s bonus? Or maybe the devs changed the placement of the bonus in the damage formula.
Well, I need to see more of those to conclude anything.

It’s cuz he didn’t coquille. His other video is showing 36k crits.

Ohh, very nice. 360% crit dmg with lvl 7 epee, 36s uptime, 45s cd. That’s much better.

I’ll make both a scout3 and a hop3-dragoon. :slight_smile:

Besides, Spear Throw is slower but you can hit more targets at once. With Finestra + Vubbe Gloves, you can get to 9 AOE atk ratio, so up to 5 medium monsters. You also get Swash from pelt1 to gather mobs more easily too.

With Geras spear, you do 450% per target (150% x3 hits) or 2250% total. With Split Arrow, its 500% total per cast (200% on 2 targets, 100% on main target).

On a side note, I am disappointed at the lack of new rapiers from the 290 dungeon. Even something like +1 fencer skills would have been nice as an alternative to lolo/venier.

I saw the other video, the crits became 336%, still lower than it should be at lv7, but close still (it should be ~360%).
Idk, something’s changed.

Maybe it doesn’t multiply the whole damage anymore, just the crit multiplier?

That way it won’t affect any elemental damage or crit atk.

Probably gonna wait til R8 drops here before I do some calculation. There could be a ninja patch on KTOS damage formula or something that isn’t here yet.

But in the other video, this one:

There’s only Pain Barrier, Concentrate, Epee Garde and Preparation.

Are you sure about that 360%?
Seems like 340% = lv7

It should give 140% bonus, right? And that 140% is applied on top of the already 150% Crits.
So: 1.5 x 2.4 = 3.6 = 360%

Of course, the multiplication is not direct like that, it goes in the end, but still, this is even more reason for the weirdness.

If you got almost 336% so in fact maybe 340% instead of 360%.

So, what’s the math to justify 340%? In the other video, she was doing even less: 323%

Don’t know. Maybe epee garde add a flat amount and we are wasting time doing maths.

@Palazzo
I think I got what happen with epee garde.
I did some maths and my conclusion:
Epee lv 7 will boost you damage in 2,4x(140%) and not 1,5 x 2,4. So Epee will replace the normal formula 50% for 140%(*2,4) they do not multiply each other.

Something like this:
your damage without critical + your damage*2,4(epee lv 7) + crit attack + ele attack and so on

So, let me see if I followed:

For Epee lv7:
1.0 + (1.0*2.4) = 3.4 = 340%

For Epee lv5:
1.0 + (1.0*2.0) = 3.0 = 300%

Well, the values match, but this seems really odd, hahaha.

Yes, this is the most accurated math I could do.
Applying on the number in vids, you have an almost a correct info.

But that also means that lvl 1-2 Epee is actually weaker than no Epee at all.

I still think it might have changed to only affect the multiplier itself and not things like crit atk/elemental atk, etc. I might try to reverse calc later based on that video.

Time to sleep, good night.

6 Likes