Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Finally over my headache. Here is the math revolving around Composee and SP cost. Please let me know if there’s something wrong

A few assumption:

• Patk = 600
  • Crit atk = 200
  • Enemy def = 0 due to Coquille
  • Holy propert = 278 (Venier)
  • Crit chance = 100% (why not?)
  • Rapier mastery will increase skill damage by 15%
  • Enemy armor type won’t be accounted

Composee lv3 vs lv10. Because we all use Venier, right?

Damage per Composee

• Lv3 = [(600+577)*1.5 +200+278]21.15 = 5,160
  • Lv10 = [(600+1143)*1.5 +200+278]21.15 = 7,112

Damage per SP used

• Lv3 = 5,160/45 = 114.67
  • Lv10 = 7,112/81 = 87.81

So yeah, it’s actually better to keep Composee lv lower in order to gain more damage. It’s a spamming skill after all.

In fact, Lv1 Composee gives 131.56 damage per SP. It’s the most cost effective one

TL;DR: Keep your Composee level as low as possible. It is not advised to increase Composee level as you will lose DPS in reality. Increasing your Patk or attribute will be much more beneficial.

Same thing with non-crit Composee, this time is much worse

• Lv1 = 98.17
  • Lv10 = 63.06
    Losing 35% DPS. It’s so bad.

Oops, I forgot.

Congrats @Palazzo

Venier holy damage is 286 but this will not affect the final result.

Sorry, that was Manamana. I got it wrong

I’m not a fan of maxing Composee but assuming lv 15 sp potions will cost exactly the same price they are today, I think that we just need to find the break point were we can do our skill rotation and spam Composee comfortably without going out of sp.
Currently I can do fine with a lv 3 (venier) Composee with SP potions lv 10, maybe lv 5-7 will be enough, I’m not sure how strong those lv 15 potions will be.

Another thing to consider is Epee Stance: you want to dish out the highest amount of dps you can while you have it up so maxing composee for tryhard world bossing is a interesting option for those who care about it, specially with party support like that Diev statue.

I’m still not sure how to spread my fencer c3 skill points…

I will try to do another one when I get home. But whenever I do a 130 run with @Elaralam, he always ran out of SP. That must be taken into consideration

I tested with the highly condensed SP pots (these are the same values as lv 15 condensed SP pots) we get and 5 (7 with venier) is pretty much the max depending on your previous class builds. For example if you took hoplite you can use stabbing as effective DPS to run the SP pot cooldown, constant composee spam is pretty hard to do with lv 10 SP pots at 5-7 but in real combat situations so far I haven’t much of a problem. If I get downtime it’s usually 1-2 seconds (which is decent DPS waste for composee, but this will be solved with lv 15 pots entirely). Going to 10 is likely not going to work out unless you picked classes that have set up time (hoplite 1 or 2 and highlander). 7 cuts it pretty close with lv 15 pots so I have no faith in being able to bring composee past this point reliably.

For anyone who wants to farm battle bracelets, IMC changed back galoks respawn each 5 minutes again, and who have silver, I suggest you enhance your skills they are costing 20% less.

Would this be temporary?

relax, has been fixed already

Really don’t know. But let’s enjoy that discount.

It’s been that way for weeks now even like maybe when they introduced transcendence or before that. I upgraded my composse along time ago and noticed it

Uh so hey, I need some guidance with my build, I took pelt 1 - Highlander 1 and I wanted to salvage my build since 1 rank in HL for the crit attribute isnt worth. Should I just go deep into HL3 and pick fencer? How effective will it be compared to barb c3? Grinding exp/silver and bossing wise.

You can go with:
Sword1>Pelt1>High3>Fencer3
Sword1>Pelt1>High2>Barb1>Fencer3
Sword1>Pelt1>High2>Cors1>Fencer3

Either way, you have to go High2. Also, you should have picked Peltasta last, as it hinders low-lv leveling, instead of helping, and is most useful only at higher lvs.

Also, if you didn’t like your char, you’re in a very early spot in the game still, and could reroll.

Palazzo, thanks. Yeah I could just reroll but I bought the 59 tp costume :confused: Whats the point with only 1 rank in barb? Also can you tell me how the hook from corsair works(can I attack or use other skills)? Not sure if HL3 or HL2/Cors1. But ill try to figure while leveling.

You can pass TP Costumes through the Team Storage.
The reason for Barb1 would be Cleave, as it gives 50% more damage to Slash attacks in its debuff and +50 Critical Rate for 5 seconds in its buff.

Hook works as follow:
You click and hold the skill button and a blue circle will appear. Now, with the movement arrows, you direct the circle upon your target and release the button to hook it.
You don’t need to aim perfectly, as the skill will hook the closest target from the circle, even if it is far away from it.
Now, once hooked, the target gets completely disabled, and for the duration of the hook, they can’t do anything.
And yes, you can use skills while hooking, but you can’t move, or it will end.

Interesting information. I’ll probably play with lv 5 Composee, but I’ll level it after skilling all the new skills. Still not sure if Attaque Au Fer is worth maxing.

It probably isn’t but I’m going to max it (and attribute it) anyway for PvE use

Off-topic:
After gaining the Fencer Costume, strangely, what I found to be nice before, suddenly became dull to my eyes. So, I’m sticking to my Corsair Costume, as I find it very “Fency”. Also, if Schwarzer Reiters and Doppelsoldners are Germans and Fencers French, I see Corsairs themed as English folk.
And that is no problem at all, the English made some of the most beautiful Sabres and were renowned in this art.

Can’t sleep. I’m trying to produce some maths. It is way harder than I thought.

Here is your entertainment at 5am:

Note that James (I forgot who said this) said Asuna’s Rapier is more like a fancy Slash sword in Rapier form rather than a rapier in real life. That’s how anime works

This is what I’m envisioning for my Fencer if by chance they’d release Matador at Rank 9 or make it as another hidden class, if we don’t get any viable offensive class.

Though he looks like a mix between Corsair-Fencer-Matador (I don’t have Corsair on my build).

@Palazzo I myself would like a Sabre. I don’t like the Cup Hilt model that we have right now.