Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

After some failures in enhance venier to +10, I decided to sell it.
Let’s go farm venier again hehe.

Definitely RNG. The drop rates varied wildly for me.

@hienng1991 ever since 3 dropped their all you can eat plan , I couldn’t find anything cheap and decent data wise. I admit I haven’t looked in a while or hard enough.

Well, adult life comes with its own annoyances but there are definitely perks as well. :wink:

well I guess I’ll give it a try then. I’ll also be investing in Spada just in case.

Good luck!

/20venierchars

So is there a suggested cap to DEX or no?

believe me, “be patient, good thing takes time”. and vernier/benire do more damage than catacomb, i’ve tested my self…after spending five days farming amber, and 2 days farming mithril ore.
the down side is, losing 1 aoe rate + 1.6k HP is a lot, but when they fix epee stance with vernier atribute…it will be paid with 9s cooldown

FYI : 1800++ kill of upent for those 12 lizard fossil and put me in teh 3rd place for wupent kill in Laima server Indonesia

Channel hopping gives me severe headaches (literally and I don’t know why). I don’t know how you guys can farm this stuff.

700 kills here. Channel hopping before IMC reduced the number of channels. It took 5s max to kill 1 Upent near the well and 20s to wait for loading.

And I have a top-class SSD, 8GB RAM. Only a few Chrome tabs opened at that time

Today I’ve used my stat reset on my fencer.
Did some tests before reset and noticed invest in STR is a waste. Critical attack dropped about 1k and normal damage about 300.
My tests was with a 300 str fencer and after reset become 20 str. So only critical attack provided by str(flat) matters.

Invest more than 300 in Str(a high value yet) is bs. 250 is enough.

4 level 10 ellaganos cards
63 str
65 con
189 dex
Guardian Lv4 (don’t mind the PA, it’s the nerfed guardian atm)
full plate (+0 pants/gloves/armor, +3 greaves)

with that much def+less guardian PA penalty in the future it might be worth taking 5/5 guardian on pelt

2 Likes

I don’t like the idea to rely on defense in this game.
If you took 1 damage every time, your set go out as fast as taking 200+ damage.

I prefer mDef over Def. Evasion and a Shield are probably enough when you really need physical defense

I’m looking to go full plate as well since I have high evasion already and will get much more on 330. I might just wait til the r8 new sets come out. too lazy to get my grynas

damn in indonesia
still no shade dancer update and card equip
i was curious, is it worth using blud rather than eleganos?
coz i didnt invest any point in con
invested stat in my fencer is like str 103 and dex 187
with only 16K HP

The thing is, it’s not only def, it’s def and evasion. I’ll go full dex this point onwards.

Also evasion has cap, in the end you will receive damage. I did a test run on workshop with this set + my old leather set.

I never had to pot or anything they either miss or hit 1, I can afk in the map until my armor breaks. While on my leather I receive 200-400 damage when I do.

@hienng1991 you don’t, it’s to play comfortably and you can’t deny that there are still maps with full physicals which makes it ideal to solo grind, you can forget the idea of bringing HP pots and go full sp

it’s “1” and misses, a lot of misses, it’s already 1 without guardian, but guardian def will probably come in handy more for things like saalus bosses

Now you remind me of my time playing iRO. I always had a priest slave for buffs and heal. Using a bot program of course

corrected with my last edit+screenie

@Lostac Btw, what is the new Guardian formula again? I think it’s like this for - atk part:

2 + 0.9*(skill level - 1)

So at lv5, Guardian will reduce your Patk by 5.6%. In exchange for ??? % more def

level 5 is 17% def, it’s pretty big now that the PA reduction has been lowered.

17% def and 18% evasion, mmmm

56 Patk loss for every 1000 Patk. No big deal in my opinion.

On the other hand, pDef is harder to get and quite important in late game. Dunno if Aspersion and Guardian stack or not. If they do stack multiplicatively, it will be 61.46% more pDef