Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

With all those “nerfs” expected and I’m sure more will came, I will stick with my fencer.
I’ve tested demonas gauntlets and it surprised me.

Gauntlets of Slashing adds a small amout of damage and Demonas reduce plate armor penalty in about 98%, in some cases you can do more damage in plate than leather in about 1~2% more damage.

So, if you have a doppel Demonas is a must, if you have a rodelero going to murmilo Ohgmar is a must.

Corsair is great. Jolly Roger is amazing considering how many benefits it provides for 5 points. Dust Devil was a disappointment unless Cleave buff and overheat 3. Hook means you can actually do some PvP. I hope they’ll buff the Combo damage boost to something useful. It would be so good if it was a good party buff.

I’m sticking with Barb 2. Just wish I had any incentive to take Frenzy. I might still take it when i do the skill reset and sit on it in hopes they’ll do something with it that even without the attribute it would be useful.

1 Like

Just noticed epee stance can be cancelled animation by jumping or maybe through other means as well. Wish they would reduce the animation.

Things like this that make me question my build, and why didn’t I took Hoplite.
But I think Stabbing lv5 would do so much less damage than this Stabbing lv10 + Spear Lunge combo, so, I don’t regret it, because picking Hoplite2 would be very counter-productive in my view, specially now with Epee not having 100% uptime.

The difference between lvl 5 and lvl 10 Stabbing is only 116 atk, its not that huge in the long run with higher lvl equips + high stage transcendence.

Cards with + STR or + Crit Att or + Physical Att are needed.

So, she’s hitting 15000 with both Preparation and Spear Lunge, meaning that the “Original” attack was 5000.

That’s good, specially for a skill with a Base Damage so low. I would’ve liked to see other skills in comparison, against the same boss and with the same buffs.
If the difference isn’t so big, Hoplite1 can be viable to Fencer builds.
(I still don’t think Hoplite2 would, but well, I could change my mind).

if you go hoplita for a fencer and don’t pick c2 then you’re wasting a rank, but be careful of the ping with that build (koreans can work around that cuase they have like 7-20 ms at most) and she/he don’t use the auto swaping feature, i myself find it pretty viably but i still favor barb3 over high3 or hoplita2, cause barb add me a nice aoe ratio in the way of pouncing, now a more powerfull warcry that is indeed a buff for dex players and the new not soo good barb c3 skill that lower foes accuracy and the godly spammable cleave wich add 50 crit rate xD.

Yeah, and forget using that combo in anything other than Bosses, as it seems too slow and clunky for mobing and PvP.

I don’t know why people keep saying its a waste to only get Hop1, considering that you get the strongest Prep skill (Rank 1-8) that a Fencer can use because all 14 hits are boosted (nearly double the hits of Sept). Unless they decide to add a rapier-compatible R9 class with a huge multi-hit pierce attack, it will remain as such.

I mean, if Dust Devil is considered a gain for going into Corsair1 (main ones being JR/Hook for pvp), then you might as well count Pierce into the equation as well.

It’s mainly because of how ugly stabbing is to use.

It looks fast but the actual initiation is low, and you have to face tank while doing it or with PB.

Also the cooldown is long

It is impressive for bossing which fencer alone excels already but outside of that, no

Anyone remember what the execution time for lunge was? My advanced skill tooltips don’t work no more.

People are so obsessed for finestra they forget fencer don’t need to rely on early ranks to do their job with efficiency.
For fencer hop1 is enough if you want another skill multihit similar to sept. I would take hop2 only for spear lunge, but with our **** weapon swap, you will waste about 2s that debuff and in reallity, hoplite will boost only your bossing and nothing more. Finestra is vanished when weap swap so is useless.

We fencers already do our job at bosses and what we really need is boost our mobbing efficiency(AoE).

Sorry for double post, but I need your thoughts about those 2 build(stats).
I’m aiming for 435~450 critical rate, high evasion and high str. With my gears I can sit in those stats:

500 str - 199 dex - 52 con (remaining points 20):
Gears = Glad Band, 5 ella, karacha, max peta, 2 green gem lv 8 and 1 lv 10.
Bonuses = 2 AoE Attack ratio and +188 critical attack(Glad Band).
With the remaining points I can choose betwen +27 critical rate or +2100 hp.

or

500 str - 126 dex - 52 con (remaining points 46):
Gears = Sissel, 5 ella, karacha, max peta, 2 green gem lv 8 and 1 lv 10.
Bonuses = +42 Attack(sissels).
With remaining points I can choose betwen more 57 critical rate or +4930 hp.

I don’t want more str because 500 is away too much, I want to rely on evasion with virtov boots + 1 lv 7 green gem, Shade dancer and skirt + pelt guardian.

I know you said evasion but shade dancer+shade skirt kills you more than having 150 less evasion

Also weaker boots like superior bandit or ibre boots has 2 slots

You can use Ibre boots+Ibre Pants, more def, more slots, more evasion

just put the rest on dex i guess

I was testing shade in my doppel and didn’t noticed a high amount of damage received even in marven. Some times I forget I’m using shade and run into the wave. I must check the damage received again.

Try this

Full 220 plate set (+3 or 0 will do) then do aspersion.
You get 1 damage

Now use shade
You get ??? damage

for middle ground, you can use a setup similar to mine.
Rokas+Ibre pants+Any 2 slot boots

Hm, I will test but I have some issues like in level penalty in marven mobs hehe.

0.8 seconds, iirc. Sept is 1.1 seconds.

Can anyone here give me Lunge evasion duration?