Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

900 TP! So many EXP Tomes :dizzy_face:

Yeah yeah, this is your third Peta I think? Same number as mine.

Now I wish I had more time to play. College, new part time job and stuffs made me crazy

you have a bunch of alts I actually thought you were a level 10 neet

I don’t mind tho. For science!

@zellista
Nvm. Sorry apparently I was drunk or something. Can confirm after rewatching my test vid my damage didn’t fluctuate at all.

@AEttir
New way I found to calculate it for the first theory, of 1.5*2 apply:

Normal Sept = 10516
Normal Sept without bonuses: 10516 - 153 (Fire) - 652 (Holy) - 366 (Blessing) - 165 (Concentrate) = 9180
9180 x 3 = 27540
27540 + bonuses: 27540 + 153 + 652 + 366 + 165 = 28876
Critical Sept in the video = 28900

So, I got closer than you now, with those Elemental damages being flat end-formula additions. Blessing must give 390 instead of 366.

Just a QS, a Doppel and I’m currently making a Fencer. Used to be a Neet for 2 months since I was in the middle of my summer vacation.

Fact, my highest lv alt is just a lv200

Except that those Elemental Attacks are actually multiplied by T123… and AFAIK, Pardoner’s Blessing doesn’t carry their INT and SPR, so flat 174.

Well, I concede. Epee goes in the very end of the formula.

Edit: Coquille doesn’t reduce the target’s Defense to 0, but gives you it’s Defense in form of Damage.
Maybe if this changes in the formula… but I’m not in the mood to calculate anymore.

So, after all my blabbering and reflections I accepted that the best filler for my Fencer will be Barb3 or High3. Yeah, 2500 posts and I was still skeptical. Although I still want something like slithering.

Blame IMC and their reroll inducing system.

Anyway, what will decide for me here is Warcry. I don’t think this can be called conclusive, so I’ll ask for opinions instead of assertive sentences.

Do you think it will ever be near 100% uptime? Like Finestra lv 5 in which you wait only…5sec to use again if I remember correctly, which is a pretty nice downtime to deal with.

If this is not the case, I think it will be more efficient to have groups of spammable low cooldown skills that serve for each situation, which is what highlander excels.

1 Like

I think it’ll all depend on your playstyle.
Barbarian offers Pouncing and Warcry, so, mobbing with it will be much better than with Highlander.
On the other hand, Highlander is more focused on Bosses.
I think you’ve read enough about why which is which, you’re with us for a long time now.

The only thing I’m curious about is why didn’t you experimented? If you had created a High3 and a Barb3 you would know by now what fits your build better.

Right now with this bug (don’t know if it’s intended or not)
Warcry only has 10 second downtime with the attributes, so…

Not counting the bug,
You can turn off one of the attributes (target count) for bosses which increases the downtime to 20 seconds only with the duration attribute on, not bad.

The changes in this game make you flip-flop between rerolling and your build is fine state. I’d imagine it’ll continue in the same vein.

1 Like

Well, I did experiment both, that’s the reason I don’t have a permanent Fencer right now. All those past days was experimenting.

But when I read Lostac talking about Warcry’s cooldown reduction maybe bug, this could be actually better, because a pdmg buff is somewhat preferable.

@Lostac might consider this.

@Elaralam the only safe build is the tank one hehe

I’m still sold on Barb for Fencer. I’m confident enough on Fencer skills for bosses.

I bet I’m the only one in here with Pelt>HL2>Corsair build

I think @Palazzo is trying to do the same.

Might as well go HL3, it has a nice synergy with fencer when we talk about vertical slash

I’m as well.
I’m Corsair now though.
And High2 vs Barb2 is a win for Highlander to me.

*High Five

Well, please tell me your experience. I think I might card all the way to rank 5. Can’t wait for Corsair. HL2 is a great change of pace and nice experience for me. I am just so sick of playing Barb already.

@Lostac: Nah, I think I need some more utility from Corsair rather than damage

Well, my conclusion is as follows, unless Warcry have low downtime, I’m going high. The problem here is that I have to wait more. Blergh.

@Palazzo and @hienng1991 I might consider a high2>Corsair in the Warcry long cd scenario. You both can try convincing me…if you dare.

@hienng1991
Well, I only used the Lv1 EXP Cards so far, before Tenet Church, to get Rank3.
Uping for me is kinda relaxing, specially if you’re in an area with non-Plate enemies or non-Magic, and they drop good stuff.

For exemple, I spent 3~4 levels in Sienakal Graveyard killing Green Fishermen once, because they dropped Vine Boots Recipe. It was kinda fast, I went from 68 to 72, killed a Silver, a Golden and a Blue one, and left there with 120k+ Silver.
(I think Vine Boots Recipe is DPK, anyone knows? I killed ~2000 Green Fishermen)
Also, I always up 1lv per map.

Killing monsters is all-good - they give you EXP, silver, items and rare drops sometimes, that you can sell.

Then, once you got to Mercernary, things get a lot easier.

Edit: Go with Sword1>High2>Pelt1>Cors1>Fencer, as it is so much easier to up in the lower levels with two circles of Highlander.

Edit2: Doing this stuff while levelling at least granted me Collections, and I have Top Gear for lv15, lv40, lv75 and lv120.

@migliole
I’m still sticking to “Fencer3 is self sufficient in damage”. Corsair to me is one of the best classes in the Swordman tree for utility, due to Jolly, Hook and Dust Devil, so I’m picking it.
Corsair will be nice if Rank9 doesn’t give us Matador, so we can get more Jolly, more Hook and Hexen. (Well, now I’m kinda worried that Rank9 will have a higher power creep than Rank8, disregarding much of this plan’s validity).

Also, Epee Garde’s duration scales with its lv, so I’m betting on that lv7/lv8 Epee.
If they do the same to Epee as they did to Preparation, well, I’ll be sad :sob: but that’ll not be the end of the world, as Cartar Stroke and Crosscut+Skyliner gives me confidence for being relevant up to the late levels, something that Helm Chopper and Seism don’t (in a damage sense, and specially against Bosses).

1 Like