Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] The Best of Both Worlds (Mergen: The Next Generation) work-in-progress

would you mind telling my how mergen is without falc?my archer is archer 3 scout 3 cannoneer c1 reaaching rank 8 and im thinking of going mergen. Not sure i really want to go cannoneer c2

1 Like

There’s a huge gap in gears lvl right now, playing Lv 300+ content wearing Lv 170/220 gears. It feels like IMC forgot to patch in the Lv 270 gear drops or something. I bet when they do, we’ll be able to say “i did this when it was bla bla”… Had to switch to use a Didel Tower Shield. :joy:

Ya this was my primary complaint with rank 8. All the new mobs are meant to be fought by lv330 players with 315-330 weapons and the new unreleased high lv armor, for example the manahas set (cafrisun v2).
Currently a common trash mob will hit a well geared player 20 levels above the area for 8-15k with one auto attack, its so absurd. I regret solo’ng the amount of quests I did though b/c by the end of the 2nd day of rank 8 I was lv319 and now I cant get saalus runs to save my life, having to wait for the majority to catch up.

From what Nicola said your bread and butter will be arrow sprinkle and triple arrow without falconer to turn homing arrow into an nuclear holocaust. I know she only put 5 points into those 2 skills and chose to save her remaining, but even w/o circling homing arrow is still nice single target burst, shes an op fletcher though and really doesn’t need it, her weakness was aoe, mine is single target damage.

Actually, Nicola, my poisons are great filler damages. They keep my damage going between cooldowns.

I’m criting about 30% of the time, maybe more. I’m going for 2lvl6 green gems and plan to get double sissels :slight_smile:

Nice getting sissel is a great start!

yea cannoneer c1 seems like a waste of space but i really don’t like falconer ( i played a falc and deleted it) and was thinking ill get cannoneer
ill probably go mergen anyway

Mergen without Circling is a bad idea.

Nightshade’s mergen build can do not only circling+homing arrow, but also double arrow sprinkler.
Btw Nicola, right now which one has higher DPS for WB? fletcher3 or musket2?

I have no problem beating musket 2 at WB. The one that worry me are fencer.

Some fencers can already reach 60 000 damage every second.

You are the top of the top brass, we don’t doubt you :D, it’s just musketeers 2 and fencers 3 have too much powerspike without efforts (musketeer very high attributes + gear => 1 combo 600 000+damage)

We’ll find out once people get their gear at 315-330. I know Archer isn’t top dps anymore :confused:

yea its dragoon c2 and fencer
sad that dragoon c2 gets outclassed by fencer since im making 1 now, but im making 1 now for pve :smiley:

this is the big swordy revenge!!!
proud that i have stayed a devoted swordy :slight_smile:

Big buffs/debuffs vs boss:
Dragoon2 serpentine -> benefit self & benefit other melee physical.
Hoplite2/3 Spear lunge -> benefit self & benefit [pierce] fencer.
Fencer epee garde -> benefit self.
Fencer gets all melee benefit, and has a very strong selfbuff, and burst & 0CD skills. Team of dragoon&fencer has dragoon to boost fencer damage. Game has a lot of melee debuff/buffs. Melee physical is currently difficult to beat.

If we follow ktos, we should be getting some shieldnobi murmillo & inquis burst teams soon.

Nicola’s mergen fletcher is still good constant dps. Archer [missile] arrow physical defence reduction will help swordie too.

Previously I thought magic arrow got boosted by pierce buffs. With SR getting changed to missle prop, is this true for magic arrow too?

other than SR,musketeer,cannoner = missile-arrow
musketeer,SR = missile-gun
cannoner = misslie-cannon
almost all of sapper skill = malee strike… lol
wugushi’s pot=malee strike

Before it did, yes. It has been removed now.
Only way to boost archer damage is to use Ranger steady aim, and special debuffs (cannoneer smoke grenade boosts cannon type damage vs mobs only - bosses are immune to this weak debuff) (musketeer buttstroke boost guntype damage - on rifle and on gun reiter).

All [missile] attacks still reduce -10% physical defence per stack (max 5 stacks, hakkapalle can go 7 stacks after using stormbolt).

Hi Grey, does necro’s decay and enchant lightning only buff missle attack? Perhaps we can come up with a list that buffs only archers now to have a chance to beat those swordys. :sunglasses:

words of warning enchant lighting also turn your whole damage to lighting.
My snipe dropped 50% damage on TSC due to earth mobs. usually 200k > 140k

Decay still works with all missile attack.

On long battles fletchers stand high chance to over shadow muskeeter burst rotation.

SR+ muskeeter combo is extremely scary (muskeeter boost SR damage by 100%). Major demon lord wise… Fencers, Dopple which stack of dragoon are mass destructions… …

flecher mergen + chrono and nerco should excel or come close / draw with SR + Muskeeter chrono + nerco.

Well fencers meh… (i remembered grey posted a cap damage of 200k per line with fencers with just a few debuff… so… :sob: )

They will turn mergen into more AoE focus.
Possible mergen2(?) attributes, I am looking.