Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge: The Forgotten Class

I’m also planning to roll Wiz3>Thaum3>FF/Warlock/RuneCaster

Did you go full it as well?

I added 10 points in Con for precaution, also using some ^CON gear. The rest in INT yea.
Not really using Transpose so I figured I’d put some in CON, just a bit. Transpose has it’s uses but, as for now it has none for me. I keep it as a safety key. ie, rushing higher level dungeons for bosses, future boss tanking + party support. In time I’ll figure it out though.

But yes go Full INT, only put CON if you really feel the need of doing it. I was just getting tired of dying in lv 100 missions when you get those higher level players.

Thaumaturge IS fun, particularly in the early levels until about 200 then it gets really painful.

@Relkos Yeah sure, doesn’t matter what anybody says about Swell Brain, except for the fact you have to cast an ability that gives you 150 matk ever 45 / 50 seconds which is only half as much as your swell left / right arm.

It also costs 6 mil at least to get up to the point it can even give you that much.

No, it’s not worth it. If you wanted more damage you’d have picked another class instead of c3.

But this is my point in saying the game just came out. I mean literally the game has been out about 3 months counting the founders package. Every game has some kind of balance sooner or later. I’m building a class out of pure theory basing it off on damage amplification.

It’s only a matter of time for a game to balance class skills and make them useful. I’m a patient guy. So far there isn’t a point in playing tos so much at the moment, other than just for fun, which is my motive. Best thing we can all do today is test and build classes, when you are done move on and test a different theory on what you believe would be a good class. At least I can say I’ve tried this and I can give information on what to fix or what needs improvement.

My main build was wiz3thaum2necro2 but why not try rune caster, seems like alot of people rather use warlock and I’d like to find out whats so bad about rune caster. And not by listening to other people talk about it but by doing it myself.

I enjoy testing out different builds and see where they take me. If they take me nowhere today then I’ll wait for a balance patch in the future. I’m not going to another game unless they come out with a DayZ on steroids game. ToS has a huge potential and I’d like to stick around for improvements.

If we all wanted the highest damage out of the game, we would all just make Wiz3Ele3War1 or just go Archer. What’s the point of having any other class to begin with then.

2 Likes

did you guys even read andre’s post? he is gonna backmask the mob, that dropped the high value item, applying swell body, kill it again and get double drop. how hard is this to understand?

What are you talking about, Backmasking doesn’t revive mobs.

Hi fellow Thaumaturge,

Am still at C1, but I can point out a few things here,

1. Swell body actually gives 100% exp bonus, but only on the base exp value.

2. Quick Cast 50% adds to auto attack too, which makes all Thauma buffs 50% stronger

3. Secret special move for those of you going C3: Buy Cure scroll (made from pardoner)
    Cure at level 15: Attack (31 + INT) + MATK, Number of Hits: 38, last for 20sec.
    Even if we don’t have the cleric attribute to make it attack faster or the % bonus, it’s still 38 hits for 20sec (assuming boss stay in place)

As we know, multi hits is the best attack for Thauma, 38 hits times your MATK bonus (and times 1.5 from 50% quick cast if you are wizard C3). Since it scale by INT, even more attack when you swell brain (in theory, I only tried this trick as C1 Thauma)

So here’s my secret move as Wizard C3 Thauma

Don’t Lv15 Heal scrolls cost like… 10500 to craft?

Its not simply mace attacks.
Its Strike damage, which is done inherently by maces but multiple skills do Strike damage type.
Bottom line is that when you have strike damage dealers Lethargy increases the party dps so long as those mobs have enough health to justify it.

So you say wiz3 is a must gor thau? What is your build?

Server - EU, 225lvl r6 (still r6 bcse Fking corean random at rune caster quest) Wiz3-Tra3-RC, max attributes MM/SLA/SRA/SB (thx petamion recipeles :slight_smile: )
From my expirience:

• suffer and pain in solo, fun and easy at party ( archer class will pray on u :sunny: for dmg, support for def/evasion, all of them loves u for BigHead xD )
  • u will need huge luck to farm rare items at dungeons… Attributes is not chip, and without them u are zero :cold_sweat:
  • daino (scroll or krivis-slave) extremely needed in party ( bcse 3-4/6 slots will take u stupid party members with their shitty buffs, and own perfect arms/qc/swellbrain … :frowning: )
  • thinking about beeing tank with huge def and hp (transpose) ? Forget about! U don’t have heal and agro for it. But in mission it can save u ass…
    But u can try to keep agr bosses to youself with huge DPS (full INT + Buffs) xD ( Tested at over9000 rushes catacombs dungeon)
    In theory transpose + lifeline (linker c3) on high lvls is OMG combo, but in practice u will need 1) find Linker C3 2) find good heal 3) DONT MOVE xD ( or u will broke SC) … So read next.
  • Tra3: only full INT and RuneCaster. Rune of Giants + SwellBrain + Transpose = Ultimate Combo (in theory, bcse I can’t take RuneCaster for 5 days, fking tiwaz rune!). In other cases c3 ( and skill transpose) is useless at this moment. C2 with left/right arms and dagger is best dmg boost if u up attribute for max (support builds)
  • With rune of Giants/arms/brain tra3-RC better call Enlarger xD
  • SwellBrain good works for sorcs with their TempleShooters.
  • Only Tra2 with right arm + shield can use elements dance without consequences … ( bcse if u find it (nobody grind worldboss that drops recipe), u will newer anvil it for +15 ( stupid cash :dizzy_face: ) …)
  • Don’t use ShrinkBody ( mb will reset skills and test in future (260+?)), but SwellBody is very help me at farming dilgele/Uosis/varvs… Unfortunately, now, with dagger + awaking ( +holy and earth property attack) and buffs varvs just blowing up when I cast spell :frowning: (~800 dmg)

A person who does no damage cannot hold aggro and as such cannot tank.
Bar using Swashbuckling.

I know, but at 200rushs I keep boss attention for 60-70% of time if I’m first attack him…

Theorically you could hold aggro a bit if you choose Warlock…

Wiz Cryo3 Thauma2 Warlock will be my build

Frost pillar to gather mobs + Mastema that can take you as prior target could work. Cannot test it yet as i’m still rank 4.

If you wanted to be a Tank Thauma I, Linker c1 or 2 works very well particularly for dungeons. It can also be followed up with either Swell or Shrink or sleep if they are moving around too much.

When I’m in Tank mode I also use Magic Missile to pull large mobs.

The only difficulty is with using the Tank Thaum for grinding since it doesn’t have an AoE pull like Swashbuckling/

Sadly, but it’s an extra trick that can go well with the thauma buffs

Not a must, but the one that I use.
I am currently wizard C3, thauma C1
don’t really have time to play.

planing on thauma C2 then Alchemist
Do note that the game is going to balance/change a lot, no point to min max everything.
… but having the crafting class ready for any changes is good

Broom Trap (sapper’s strike damage skill, it cheeses bosses will lethargy, even more so with thauma buffs)

You’ve got a point, but I wanted to play both cryo and thaumaturge and came up with this build. I have 2 linker characters already so I don’t really want to have another one lol. I hope to see this build shine :slight_smile:

Other users may not have realised it yet, but let us for a moment in this Thaumaturge thread appreciate the buff that comes to us with the addition of the new card system !

Note: Cardcount is the number of the same named cards you have equipped. You have one slot per rank so that’s a maximum of 7.

I’ve taken the opportunity to select and point out the main effects that will have an impact on us Thaumaturges. Read and revel.

**Insanely Good Cards:**

Chapparition Card : [Card Slot Equip] Increases magic attack power by [★]% for 10 seconds when using an SP Potion. [Summoner Tome] Can be used to summon Chapparition with the Summoning skill.

Onion the Great Card : [Card Slot Equip] Increases damage against large size enemies by [card count]%.

Mitris Card : [Card Slot Equip] Increases damage against small monsters by [card count]%. [Summoner Tome] Can be used to summon Mitris with the Summoning skill.

**Potentially Interesting Cards:**

Nepenthes Card : [Card Slot Equip] Increases HP and SP recovery by [★]%.

Velnewt Card : [Card Slot Equip] When being hit by a small sized monster, has a [★]% to recover 1% of your SP. [Poison Pot] Can be used to perform a Velnewt attack with Throw Gu Pot.

Centaurus Card : [Card Slot Equip] AoE attack ratio + [Card count]. [Summoner Tome] Can be used to summon

Canceril Card : [Card Slot Equip] When being hit by a large sized monster, has a [★]% to recover 2% of your SP. [Poison Pot] Can be used to perform a Canceril attack with Throw Gu Pot.

**-okay- Cards:**

Gaigalas Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking large size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds.

Necroventer Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking small size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase dark property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds. [Summoner Tome] Can be used to summon Necroventer with the Summoning skill.

Moldyhorn Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking large size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase poison property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds.

Red Goblin Warrior Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking small size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase fire property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds.

Strongholder Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking large size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase dark property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds. [Summoner Tome] Can be used to summon Strongholder with the Summoning skill.

Ironbaum Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking large size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase fire property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds.
Archon Card : [Card Slot Equip] Increases damage against fire property enemies by [card count]%.

Yekub Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking small size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase holy property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds.

Colimencia Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking small size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase water property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds.

Honeypin Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking small size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase poison property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds. [Poison Pot] Can be used to perform a Honeypin attack with Throw Gu Pot.

Sparnas Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking a large sized monster, has a 10% chance to increase lightning property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds.

Sparnanman Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking a large sized monster, has a 10% chance to increase holy property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds. [Summoner Tome] Can be used to summon Sparnanman with the Summoning skill.

Simorph Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking a small sized monster, has a 10% chance to increase earth property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds.

Gremlin Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking a small sized monster, has a 10% chance to increase lightning property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds.

Merregina Card : [Card Slot Equip] When attacking large size monsters, has a 10% chance to increase water property attack power by +[★] for 7 seconds. [Summoner Tome] Can be used to summon Merregina with the Summoning skill.

2 Likes