Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge: The Forgotten Class

Read this https://github.com/vyne1/tos-mechanics/blob/master/ToS%20Mechanics.pdf on AOE attack and defence.

Swell Body always Heal Monster by 100% of their base HP unless that monster is already at size Large.

so by this aspect, u can use another Swell body to extend time if your first swell body swell mobs up to size L without healing them (It will give another heal if it’s size M)

S -> M = heal
M -> L = heal
L = no heal

That makes alot of sense for large monsters, thank you ! However, I’m a bit confused why monsters like Blue Stoulet will heal if they’re over 50% (it’s size M), however monsters like Cockatrice and Blue Veriggler will always heal (also size M)

Thanks for the lead, but I don’t really understand which thing you’re asking me to look for. Everything there was stuff I already knew about AoE Attack Ratios I think, unless I missed something.

As far as I know, Magic Missile is not affected by AoE Attack Ratios since it hits the same number of targets whether you’re dealing with S, M or L mobs. However this interaction I’m discussing happens only when the AoE Defence is 0.

I mean, Joint Penalty (which states that it also has a similar ‘number of mobs affected’ effect) won’t affect more mobs if they have 0 AoE Defence… right?

It’s possible that each individual missile from Magic Missile has a fixed AoE Attack Ratio of 1 with, most likely, a very tiny AoE. Some skills do have these fixed AoE Attack Ratios that are not affected by gears and buffs that increase AoE Attack Ratio (e.g. Snipe, Hexing, Fireball).

I’m not sure if it’s true but I read way back then that Magic Missile used to be a non-bouncing AoE that deals bonus damage / only deals damage to sleeping targets (before it became an Energy Bolt attribute thing) back in the CBTs. Maybe they just used the same codes and left it as a hidden AoE.

Maybe someone could test with tightly packed mobs under [Circling]

Thats very likely to be true. It’s very strange, the damage output rises almost exponentially. with a 1k DMG on each Magic Missle, when I do the JP-HK-MM I am doing ~20k dmg to a mob of 5-6.

Alas, it seems that this KTOS change is a flat 22.5 magic attack increase…

• Without SB : 281
  • With SB : 426 (this is just an assumption that is not showed in the video)
  • With SB + so claimed 22.5% amp : 489 or 520 depending on the calculation
  • With SB + Ktos Change : 448 (or 22.5 flat increase : what is shown in the video)

By the way, i’m trying a handmade build that i’ve never seen before:
Wizard_Cryomancer_Cryomancer_Thaumaturge_Cryomancer_Thaumaturge_Warlock.
I’m currently lv. 45, i’ve yet to try its full potential (I still think ThauC3 doesn’t bring enough support/extra DPS to the table, considering it is a Rank 6 or 7 circle).
Any general idea on how viable this build could be?

With how things are I don’t think thaum 3 is worth it, especially with the other classes available. 1 extra buff skill that adds damage to magic users, and it’s not even better than the swell arm buffs.

I am doing Wiz3-Thaum2-Necro2. I think I might just do Tham3Necro1 after watching this video Lol

I keep picking builds just because other people say it will be a bad build but maybe I should just keep my bawls and do Tham3 see where it takes me.

I haven’t paid too much attention to Swell body’s and Shrink body’s healing. But with Swell Arm active, I really don’t have any issues killing the mobs that are affected by Swell body, I kill them pretty quickly still. Maybe because I have Quickcast also? Not sure.

I usually pick classes and builds that I see alot of potential in. Playing MMO’s for over 10 years I know that changes happen, and they happen alot. Its only a matter of time until they fix classes such as both Necro and Thaum to be more useful; I am very patient lol.

1 Like

maces are common to bots. But they’re not human. Lel

Wow this makes Swell Brain pretty much worthless in the upcoming patches, so there is nothing to look forward to. Thanks so much for this, will update the guide to suggest NOBODY TO EVER GET THAUM 3.

Don’t get me wrong, Thaumaturge Circle 3 still has some uses that we’ve yet to discover (maybe?).
I’m still new to the game but I can already see that there are billion of Wiz3 Ele3 Warlock players in this game… which means that if you party with them (which should be pretty often), you can enhance the overall party DPS by quite a lot… (I’ve heard that partying four ele3 and one Thau3 guarantees you a Dullahan cube).

But I still think it does not worth a rank 6 or 7 spot (coincidentally, Pyro"s, Thaum"s and Linker’s 3rd circle only adds 1 new skill compared to 2 on every other 3rd circle Wizard and thus, are really unpopular…)

Also, since Thaum3 is pretty lackluster (so is Pyro3 even after the KTOS change imo…) it’s not impossible that we will see new changes on this class because of how badly it is designed (Hello Transpose than resets HP after refreshing the buff on top of not restoring HP when going INT ->CON… Hello Swell Body restoring some mob’s HP…).

I’m doing a Wiz3>Thaum3>Warlock, the idea behind is a Warlock3>Shadowmancer full dark damage wizard which utilize both +matk, magic dmg %, dark dmg % and attribute dmg %. The damage with each hit of dark theurge is pretty high 7k each hit, but you need to be in body range, not even melee =.=

Yes, I can say it is lackluster, but I hope IMC will buff it eventually, to support for other offhand weapon and swell brain for greater purpose.
Either increase dmg with %? magic evasion attribute (man, we need this so badly in current meta)? reduce cooldown by % (which is overlapped chrono)? or remove casting time (support for runecaster)?

Should I go int or con for this class. Also c3 is a must or not?

Planning to go support, end game viable wiz.

Known Issues: June 15th
Transpose: Losing HP when using Thaumaturge’s skill ‘Transpose’ again while its effect from the previous casting is on.

Full int, but prepare some daino scrolls

What does diano scrolls do?

All Thauma buffs are row-1, including Transpose. Daino increases the row-1 buff limit

Praise the lawd.

c3 is not necessary - c2 is a good stopping point. If you’re playing a Thaumaturge you should be full INT or there is no point in getting Thaum.

Is it fun to play Thaumaturge ?

Nothing special, just a full support class. Although I do enjoy it, I’m choosing my build cause it’s boring to choose something everyone else has.

I’ll tell you what though. I like the fact that without the buffs I do regular damage, after buffs I do an extra 1000-1300 each hit. I like the outfit, I like the way I speed up missions and runs. I like the fact that I’m different than every other class, and how many are clueless to how much I’m bringing to the table. I like that I can be full support and relax if I wanted to, or solo grind / boss if I needed to. This is why I still play this, and not my musketeer.

Idc about what people say about swell brain, it’s still more damage. Besides like I’ve said before, this game just came out, give it some time.

Wiz3>thaum3>runecaster/necro

2 Likes