Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge: The Forgotten Class

This is actually pretty exciting with the interaction of our swell and shrink skills :smile:

does anyone know if Thaum buffs stay active and what kind of interaction they have with Rune of Giants damge? When I attack as a giant am i getting benefit from swell arm buffs? And/Or Pyro buffs?

Need to make a new char to farm quest cards before its too late, was thinking of a fun build like this:
http://earlygame.net/tos/builder#eyIxNiI6eyIwIjo1LCIxIjoxLCIyIjozLCIzIjo1LCI0IjoxfSwiMTciOnsiMCI6MTAsIjIiOjEwLCI1Ijo1fSwiMjUiOnsiMCI6MTUsIjEiOjEsIjIiOjgsIjMiOjUsIjQiOjEsIjUiOjEwLCI2Ijo1fSwiMzIiOnsiMCI6NSwiMSI6MSwiMiI6NSwiMyI6MSwiNCI6M319/WyJDaGFyMl8xIiwiQ2hhcjJfMiIsIkNoYXIyXzIiLCJDaGFyMl8xMCIsIkNoYXIyXzEwIiwiQ2hhcjJfMTciLCJDaGFyMl8xMCJd/0.30.250.0.0

My skepticism in focusing on Rune of Giants is that its duration is ~ 2.5 mins while most of the buffs in question (Swell Brain, Arms) only last for half that duration meaning that your full setup is only up for 25% of the time (Rune of Giants is down for 5 mins). Also you can’t recast any of the buffs while you’re in Giant form.

I’m sure that Rune of Giants jump damage will be increased by your Swells, unsure about fire damage.

I mean the best way to get damage out of that buff is to jump continuously while auto attacking.

Thats what stopped ME from making this build anyway.

If you could cast non-damaging spells while in Giant form it’d be really good.

Yeah I was thinking you’d just be a full support wiz while giant was on cd, maybe drop destruction once in a while too.

W3 is def a good option in combo with rune caster, just thinking of how to optimize auto attacks while in giant form, and I don’t think W3 provides anything in that regard. 8s rune caster times are def painful though.

Pyro2 gives some form of party buff to stack with thaum, and I’m assuming you can knock fireballs around while still in giant form.

I feel like in that case you should go Wiz 3 in order to get Quickcast which is kinda a given if you’re doing RuneCaster? Maybe I’m just biased to Wiz and Thaum

are you sure with this? quick cast 5-% adds to your thauma buffs? if that’s the case then wiz3 is a good pick.
Was planning wiz3 link1 thaum2 necro/feather? any good?

@ginoang_linx

Swell brain with max Attribute would just add 145*1.5 = 215 est. more damage to AA

quick cast is not directly buffing your swell arm buffs. It’s just that since swell left/right arm adds to your stat sheet damage that the +50% is added on top of that.
so just to clarify, party members don’t benefit from you quick casting swell buffs.

That’s pretty nice, 50% of my attacks are AA. Maybe that will change once I hit Rank 6 and 7 though. I’ll see what happens.

You need Quickcast because the Rune Caster’s spells are such long cast times. Also it synergizes well with the swell buffs.

Does swell body affect all the linked mobs even without the use of HK to gather them in one spot?

No.
Swell body didn’t share across linked targets.

No new datamined buffs for Thaums?

Hi, currently I’m a wiz2-link2 full con build
is it ok if i’m going to wiz2-link3-thau2 build with full con? or shud i change into full int? thanks

Power Staff would be the sh*t for this build, most likely Alche crafts it or it will only come at R8.

Anyone with Thau C3 can help me test if the additional INT added by Swell Brain is affected by your rank INT Bonus?

Say for example you’ve got 300 Base INT at Rank 7. Which of the following formula applies?

(300base INT * 1.7) + 45SwellBrain = 555 INT total
or
(300base INT + 45SwellBrain) * 1.7 = 586 INT total

Out of curiosity, has anyone here made it full INT Thau to rank 7? XD

I have, it’s unaffected so the first option.

Well that gives me 1 more reason to not include Thau3 in my build lol
Thanks!!

int buffs won’t get multiplied by class rank

thaum3 here