Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge C3 - The Buff Slave

How viable do you think Thaumaturge is for an auto attack build? Boosting your auto attack with a Rod paired with Enchant Fire + Arde / Kuracha Dagger and going for an INT build. Since you seem to have a lot of experience with the class I would like to know your opinion.

Now, with the Linker nerfs, going for Linker c2 is better than Pyro c2? You’d lose a lot on damage, right? What about going for Thauma c2 > Chrono c2 at later ranks?

please, share your knowledge with us :smile:

i just know things about cryo3/chrono3 (which isnt much secret) and my cryo3 is 92. Im going to do a Thaum in short time and don’t know which ranks and classes to combo, which stats to level …

I was thinking to do Wizz1 -> Pyro1 -> Linker1 -> Thaum3 -> Featherfoot.

So about Transpose. There’s this build in Korea where you only take 1 Rank in Thaum (with a dps build) and go FULL INT.

If so you want to use the attribute > “Transpose: Equilibrium”

Balance your INT and CON when using [Transpose], causing each to become the average of both.

what it does is: that you get more stats Overall. Doing damage, while still have a decent amount of HP. this is more PVP focused but still viable in PVE, you just have to be more carefull since you have so low HP and don’t forget that you will have to re-heal everytime you use transpose.

The Magic behind that is, that Int will get a bonus of 10% per Rank “for every rank” so in the End you will get more stats out of the “stats that you spend”, get it?

** now back to your case, you want to go full con and “transpose” to get more Int. If you ask me if it’s VIABLE, hell yeah it is! but then again, why would you go full con in the first place? You will get more stat points with a mix of con-int.

** and don’t forget the plate-armor-mastery it gives you TON of HP if maxed.

** About featherfoot, i have no experience on that class, sadly.

2 Likes

an Mage auto-attack build isn’t really viable at this moment. I mean… it could be fun and do decent… but it’s just not that “great” compared to other builds, or other autoattack classes.
For playing solo, you could fully buff yourself (and you gotta rebuff it pretty often, which could get anoying in the long run) and AA. It sure is the most auto-attack-damage-dealing-mage-class but gets outshined by all other builds with decent dps-skill-builds.
But then again, just have fun with it. Not everybody does have to be competitive, right :slight_smile:

** About the linker thingy, i tried linker c1 pyro c1 in the iCBT (before the nerfs) and i gotta admit, it’s HELL after level 180 you aren’t doing damage at all, forget about playing solo, since you will take forever to kill monsters. If you are going linker C2, be sure to always have friends playing with you. if you wanna play more solo, take Pyro c2, it does A LOT more damage (at least in the early 200 levels), i think it would fall off in the later stages too, like the pyro c1 that i played.

** you really don’t wanna go thauma 2 / chrono 2. The reason is that both the good speels are on C3, i mean okay you could go thaum c2 for both hands (since there are so few thaums). BUT NOT CHRONO C2, “Pass” is the skill that you really really want! and i think that there will be a lot of chrono c3s in the future. you will waste 2 circles of advancements if you only take 2.

2 Likes

so whats is viable to build with thauma3 and do some damage?

IMO:
pyro 3 // pyro 2 linker 1 (can’t say how it goess after lv 200)
cyro 3 (would be increadible if you have someone that can blast that icewall for you) // cyro 1 psy 1 wiz 2 (for sure spell) // cyro 2 psy 1 ( if you think that you can blast that icewall without surespell)
wiz 2 psycho 2 (won’t work till you get psycho 3 at rank 8, which isn’t there yet. so yeah… just an idea)

** linker 2, isn’t a damage focused build. But it’s pretty neet in Party-Play

** not inclduing warlock/feather since i have no IDEA about them, sadly…

ps. i’m playing (cyro, psy, wiz 2) right now. but i don’t think that i will take thaum 3 this time :slight_smile:

If you able to endure the boring path
Wiz3 > Thaum3 > Warlock
This is will be one of the best number pump from your Warlocks skills.

or

Wiz1 > Pyro2 > Thaum3 > Warlock
Pyro skills is about multi-hits overtime, so it scale very well with Thaumaturge, but make sure you earn enough money for max Thaum’s attribute.

Thank you very much for the answer!

What worries me the most about Thaumaturge (and has made me kinda drop the class for now) is the fact that the swell buffs don’t scale with level. So I feel like the investment in the class will become obsolete later on. A flat buff might be very meanningless at later levels, you know? Sure, +304 from maxed out Swell Left Arm might be a ton at the current stage of the game, but will it matter at lvl 400? And I’m not sure that’ll even be the game’s level cap.

I just worry that going Thaumaturge hinders my character later on, because of the flat nature of the buff.

I’m making a support wiz. My plan is Wiz 2, Link 2, Thau 3. Just hit 64 so I don’t have Thaumaturge at all yet. Having just done the level 50 dungeon and looking at info on tosbase I am becoming very concerned by the cooldowns.

Swell left arm has a 50 second cool down? So realistically I can’t even have up on the entire party for the first 4min of what is a fast raid.

Right arm is the same except it only lasts 75 seconds when maxed. This give me less time to get around to recasting it before it wears off.

Brain is the worst though. Its cool down is longer then its duration. So not only can I not keep it up on the entire party but I can’t even keep it up on the one person consistently.

Is this info correct? If so do the cool downs cripple the class? People say that Thaumaturge aren’t great because the powers don’t scale. I was fine with that, but the powers don’t scale and you can’t even effectively keep them up?

I don’t really know what you mean. Those skills are party buff so why you can’t keep it up lmao

from their descriptions I didn’t realize they were party buffs

Thaumaturges’s Buff are all similar to Clerics, for example: Blessing which gives the buff to everyone that is in the radius.
You will have a 100% uptime with lv 6 swell arm (55s duration 50 cd, sounds weird but with only 50s duration, there will be a short split that the buffs wont be active, since there is this small 0.5s cast-animation). Swell Brain will have a 10s downtime, even when maxed, which isn’t really much of a deal.

But like a said earlier, you will have to re-cast those buffs a lot during party-play.

I should add that usually you have at least 1 cleric 2 in your party so you can freely add +5 seconds duration to all 3 buffs. And if you are really dedicated thaum user, you can get a monster gem for +5 seconds on Swell Brain and extra 5 INT resulting in nearly 100% uptime.

And it’s true that lots of buffs have really short durations and need to be recasted consistently, that’s one of the biggest problems of buffer classes.

As monk, I need to stay for like 4-5 seconds casting buffs at the beginning of boss battle.

What do you think of going Wiz3>Thau2>Alche2?

Early game might be awful but I want to prepare for rank8-10.
Pyro/Cryo spells will eventualy be ditched at level200+ anyway so i don’t want to “waste” circles with them. Wiz3 on the other hand will give me Quick and Surecast that, while not very useful right now, will scale forever and might have some synergy with rank8+ circles.

I suppose the same could be said about Thau’s static buffs, but Transpose split will continue to scale.
Also, due to the rarity of Thau players, I might have a better time finding groups than if I was a gimped Linker (Wiz3>Link2>Alche2) or even a gimped DPS (Wiz3>Ele2/Kino2>Alche).

Any input is welcome. Thank you for your time!

Edit: I am also considering Wiz3>Thau3>Alche1 with plans to get Alche3 eventualy.

Cyro will still be relevant past 200 because of all the Crowd-Control.
But it’s true that every Wizard-Dps-Build should have Wiz3 in the Build. Looking at your build tho: Wiz3>Thaum3. I can already tell you “that it wont work”. Why? Because Wiz3 is a dps-focused-build, but you will spend most of the time re-buffing all the Thauma skills, which then decreases your dps potential.

But then again there isn’t much of a point to prepare a character for the Future, since you can level up to level 200 quite easily with a level 150+ Pet in about 3 weeks.

My Suggestion is to Play a build that you can enjoy “right now”, farm some money/items, have fun and think about the future later.

ps. I had the idea of playying a wiz3>(nothing else) to level 220 if i can find time to do so.

Also, due to the rarity of Thau players, I might have a better time finding groups than if I was a gimped Linker (Wiz3>Link2>Alche2) or even a gimped DPS (Wiz3>Ele2/Kino2>Alche).

From my experience grinding in DemonPrison/BeeFarm (the 176 Wall) and Alemeth Forest (225 Wall). I can tell you that almost every Build can find a party. They all just want to get 5 people together (with a healer ofc…) and grind till they fall asleep.

2 Likes

I’m thinking on a build that includes Cryo2, Thauma2 and Alche2.
Sort of a support/utility character. How do you feel about this idea?

since Alchemist has no offensive skills at all, i would rather recommend you to get more of an damage focused build to make your life easier.
Alternative with Alch C2: the Linker route / Pyro dps / Sorc Summon / Wiz 2 Psycho 3 (but you will miss QuickCast)
And: Cyro2 isn’t a good choice to take in the build either, it’s C1 or C3, there aren’t any good skills in C2 to justify a whole circle.
Ideas: Cyro 3 Linker / Cyro 3 Sorc

If you want to go Thaum, i would recommend you to fit a Cyro C3 or Linker into the build. Or maybe: Pyro2 Thaum Alch, could work (if you really want to get that alch 2 and thaum in your build and don’t want to be linker that is…)

** i don’t know about the sorc/linkrt nerfs in C1, so don’t trust me on that 100%

What do you think of Cryo1>Linker1>Thau2>Alche2?

Solo potential is close to zero but would it be a good support?

I don’t think it’s bad, but you will not be able to do ANYTHING solo. So for alche i’d much rather pick classic pyro2-3linker+sorc0-1.

Thaum has it’s best skill at C3, which is Swell Brain, so dropping it is too much of a waste IMO. For supportin you might prefer Linker3 as well, because JP level 15 will help a lot, and it’s somewhat capable to solo. But linker2pyro2 is probably the best variant for great supporting and soloing.

I think that thaum is battle heavy late game character and has no synergy with Alchemist, because you won’t be able to participate in end game content as Alchemist, and you don’t need to.

For the same reason you won’t probably go cryo3chrono1alche2, because those classes are as well end game oriented and have their most powerful abilities on higher circles.

Any of you have the Swell Brain gem? no data in tosbase