Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

Thanks. That info was really interesting. Another question for you (or for anyone that lurks this thread), based in your experience, do you think that not picking Highlander 3 will really cripple my damage? Is Skull Swing (Armor break) really that important?

In my understanding, the highest damage sources at Fencer will come from Fencer skills so maybe there is no problem on picking a filler class for Rank 5 (Squire, I’m looking at you; Maybe Corsair, but I will need C2 for Hexen Dropper).

Sorry if I’m overthinking this :confused:

Reads everything

/20lolis

I think that overall it is better to pick something that gives you better tools for higher levels. In this case either Dragoon or Doppelsoeldner give you more damage tools compared to Barbarian C3, so I don’t think it is worth it to pick it that late at Rank 8.

If you want to play Highlander with Fencer, then I think your first class build is the better one.

For your stats, I think that is fine. You will want to stop CON at some point, when you feel comfortable with your HP and give those points to either DEX or STR, depending on the focus of your build.

Plate.

It is slowing down! (I think)

Most of the time, no.

There might be a few situations where it could provide to be useful, but if we consider every content in the game, then I would say most of the time it will not make a difference.

So if you really want to trade that circle for another class, I think it would be fine to do so.

1 Like

Can you turn that provoke attribute on and off? Or is it always on?

Thanks in advance!

You can turn it on/off.

1 Like

Question!

So I have a lvl 5 concentrate with maxed attribute, It does +111 damage for
“11 hits” but I noticed for skills like Stabbing it only takes one charge out of the 11 and procs on all stabbing hits… does it really add the flat damage for every stabbing hit or does it only add it for 1 hit and the rest of the numbers I see are fake ;o?

and lets say I get Elements (170 2hand spear) it adds 4 different elements to my attacks, would concentrate proc for all the 4 elements?

No it only takes one charge on multi hit skills.
its why i love it on fencer because all their skills hit at least 2 times, even though at the later levels its not a significant dmg boost

Pillaging does work in instances. If you want to pillage you need to max out jolly roger or it’ll almost never proc. Also, I think they ninja-nerfed the silver gain; it feels like pillaging gives way less money compared to iCBT2. I’ll know for sure when I get my corsair to C2 later today/tomarrow.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they nerfed it, as it was one of the most popular silver earning methods on kTOS.

Please keep us updated, will be interesting to know the current state of Jolly Roger in our version.

So i’ll use SW C2 - Hop c3 - dop c1 and dragoon c1 ( 3str;1Dex;1con), if you tell’s me that restrain isn’t a good choice, i will change one cicle of sw to peltasta. Thanks a lot!

level 5 works at a good rate on large/silver monsters… but i noticed it only works when u use regular attack

What do u guys think about this build? (Focus on PVE/Boss Hunting) Is it fine to not take Hi3? The reason I decide to take Hi2 1st because Hoplite’s skill have quite long CD and 2Hsword also have higher base dmg than 1H Spear so I think it’s gonna be better if I take Hi2 1st. After I get to rank4 (Hop1) i’ll use 1H spear + Arde (already have it). And about stat allocation is it fine to do Str3:Con1:Dex2 until dex 100 (since i can keep finestra 100% up-time) and then goes Full Str (all bonus point i’ll spend it to con). Thanks.

edit:Should i ignore Cross Guard? Since in late game I’ll have to use 2Hspear and Zega Spear + ?? (for finestra bonus) which mean i would not have a swap weapon slot for 2H sword.

Hi guys, I’m about to move to Rank 3, this is the build I planned to invest my character into. will I be too squishy for taunting? and if I only use 2 handed sword / Sword and shield will Corsair’s Jolly and hook worth?

I would go for 3str 2dex 1 agi as well

Any feedback to my build would be really appreciated.

how does double weapon assault work?
do i hold 1 or 2 buttons to atk or do i push them one at a time?

do you think sword>pelta2>cata3>dragoon might work well?

Hi, I’d like to make a swordman class but I’m extremely lost when it comes to builds. I’ve read the guide, so I think I may have an idea of what I want to do, but also I’ve read several different opinions on the matter and honestly, I wouldn’t like to mess it up.

• Goal: 100% PvE, solo play. I intend to reach high level with this character and I would like to be able to farm efficiently.
  • Link to the build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/c7eyd1xbd6/
  • Comments and questions: After reading some guides (I did not played ToS before the release) I noticed that there are some very different opinions about Barbarians: some say that there are great for PvE, while other say that they are not good for high end content. I’ve also read that some people suggest going Highlander 3 with either Peltasta or Corsair in the mix.
    I should say that I don’t like using spears!

What route would be the best? I would like to be able to both survive and kill efficiently. I’m afraid of screwing my character!

Many thanks and sorry for my English.

@Cathexis Thank so much for such a beautiful and complete guide so far! Your job here is really appreciated by everyone.

I must ask a simple question: Taking ‘Highlander’ instead of ‘Peltasta’ in a Cata C3 build can affect me in a negative way other than not having Swash Buckling?

Taking this for example: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/3e6fbedznq/

This “more aggressive” aproach would work as fine as the recomended one?

Also, Im using 4 STR;2 CON;2 DEX.

Thanks again.

@Cathexis
So the more that I do random duels and stuff, the more that I feel like anything higher then Swordsman c1 is a joke…

I’m doing pretty well against most of the classes with swordie c1 -> paltasta c1-> Highlander c3 (I don’t have fencer yet)

Safety zone seems to not protect against being knocked down and it seems like no class can really do anything against being knocked down.
So bash, wagon wheel, and Umbo blow are your best friends.

So for the most part with mages I just knock them down and hit them with cross cut and quickly follow up with skull swing now they can’t cast for 10 seconds and can’t jump for 30 seconds.
Then I just chase them and Skyliner them which at this point in the game (lvl 130) kills them before I run out of charges…

And this is the same deal with clerics…
Idk which class has stone skin but I’ve not encountered it yet.

And vs other swordies I can just cross guard them and they are stunned for 8 seconds just like a normal mob…
So just skull swing then spam thrust (again I don’t have fencer yet)
And when stagger is over they can’t jump due to skull swing so I cross-liner combo and they die pretty quickly…

So far I’ve won about 85% of the duels I’ve done

But at higher levels when people have more block it might not be so easy for me.
But I feel like this holds true to swordie c2+ builds also…

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile: guess I’ll have to give up with the mount instead.

Btw, is getting hoplite c3 really worth it? coz if you max finestra you’ll lose evasion which I think is essential in higher levels. I heard that Spear Throw is a good skill that you can spam. Should I max it or just leave it to one? And what will happen if I can’t pick up my spear? :scream:

Last question: for PvE, is getting corsair c1 or c2 good instead of going hoplite c3? thanks.

this is the whole reason why im staying hoplite c2… i like my semi evasion / defense… i really need both even though i focus mostly on str (currently 290 str, 85 dex) and finestra splash attribute is definately not worth it… well at least not to me