Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] So you want to TANK 🛡️ V1.02

they do not stack multiplicative… saddly they sum as any other damage boost behave.
would be 2x, (x10x2+x5 Swordsman is 500%): still a woopping 17450% but because the cast time is slow there are a lot of pve dps that can surpass easily and consistently the threat generated.

Still waiting for the aggro patch that is already for quite some time on ktos… :tired: almost turning into a highlander so i can generate more aggro and go pvp with no fear of getting my shield taken off as soon the fight begin.

With the incoming liberate skill, and removal of aggro gain on pelt skills. IMC is probably shifting this aggro-whore role to the entire class tree instead of isolating it on pelt.

New times ahead

Is slithering any good pve? I don’t find myself using it at all. And is evade thrust really good? I skipped this skill entirely because it was pierce damage

You might have to use slithering for damage reductions in certain pve scenarios such as boss using their bigger moves. ( not all )

Evade thrust is a low CD , decent SFR , pierce type skill. It has a 50 % bonus on bleed debuff as well which contributes to its actual potential.

As for the “evade “ part that concerns mitigating magic damage , the window is only so small that i would label it a gimmick and not practical. It is an extremely useful skill if your build consists of high CD skills and you consistently find yourself with a blank skill window and having to auto attack.

Despite it being a pierce skill , it has a higher output than skills such as shield train.

(all in pve context)

If I put red gems on weapon, the skills that scale with the Shield Attack attribute will get that bonus attack as well?

Can you please share a full PvP build?

1 Like

Any tips to survive more with a 2H sword build that does not rely on spamming potions? Already wearing full plate set

Sorry for the late reply,

• Do autoswap with shield with necessary Block Investments
  • Stack % DMG Reduction with enchant Jewels
  • Stack an additional layer of Evasion on top of your DMG Reduction Mods.
2 Likes

thanks! any idea how I can sustain better?is regen a good investment?

Not in this current patch, HP Rec is too slow to be viable.

Perharps on the 4ever update, HP Rec would be an explorable option when paired with the moring sword ichor

Hi @Ersakoz I’m new to this game and I went ahead and search of what kind of class I want and I saw your very detailed class build and I really really want my main character to be a tank and I got a question is this build still relevant? or perhaps do you have a new updated class build for this specifically for tanks? and “tank you”. I’ll let myself out now. oh look a trash can.

1 Like

Tank class is just a roleplay in this new meta. Any swordman with sufficient HP, dmg mitigation or evasion can suffice as a tank. IMC gave all swordsman the ability to “provoke” by putting it in the base class, so any DPS variant can easily draw aggro now. Traditional tank classes utilizing the shield to draw aggression sadly do not exist in current meta ( PVE ) and is merely a fantasy.

:sad:

Sorry to break this news to you

However, you can still have fun with the shield classes, but do not expect top tier performance out of them.

role play time

20charmanders

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for the detailed guide!

I’m a big fan of tanks too, it’s nice to see tanks enjoying its rightful popularity.

I have a question tho: I’m planning to build Doppel and Pelt together, but their weapons kinda contradict each other. Is there anything I can do or I should just give up the idea?

By the way I wasn’t planning for Doppel originally. But I did take a 2H Savi sword (the freebie on growth server) and don’t want to waste it. I also have a freebie Savi shield too. Thinking back I regret taking the 2H :frowning:

If the two classes could work together through weapon swap then it’s great.

Autoswap is a thing, it is still doable. Basically you use a shield +1h in your main slot, and it will
swap to 2h sword when you use Doppel’s kit.

However,do note that tanks lost it’s traditional role in today’s meta as mentioned above
Any DPS swordman can easily fill the role now

How does High Guard work?
Force Shield is an HP shield similar to Shield Charger or it’s a straight DEF buff?

How does Shield Bash’s Shock work?
It reduces STR/INT by a percentage or by a fixed amount? And the exact value?

Yes it generates a shield like Shield charger (which they dont stack).

So how the buff works is it forces you into a stance where you have reduced 20% damage Also you get a 20% chance to generate a shield based on your shield DEF values and skill level

(30mins buff) High Guard > (20s buff) High Guard Shield

Where you are unable to block (30% reduced damage) when you have this High Guard Shield buff.

high guard

https://tos.neet.tv/misc/buffs/3124

https://tos.neet.tv/misc/buffs/160001

Thanks for the quick reply :v

So Shock is a really bad debuff :frowning:

And High Guard gives you 75% shield DEF as HP… well… compared to the normal 200k HP most swordsmen have… and being unable to block too… whew :frowning:

I’m building a Debuff/Control/Support Tank that works like an aggro-wh*re in PvE and a stunbot/buffbot in PvP :v
Here’s the build

Do you think parties are willing to exchange a dps slot for a tank that will boost their damage and keep them safe? I heard about a team clearing Viennibe CM7 with just Templar and no healer, so I’m eager to try that too.
Also from my own experience, even in Rinksmas CM5 my party had no trouble killing the mobs, but they had difficulty staying alive. We were forced to move out of the corner, therefore increasing overall clear time.

Short answer is no :frowning_face: Most people look forward to full dps or at least semi-dps

Yes I did try run a 320k HP templar on one of my characters, but it is still overall a DPS variant as well.
From my experience, solely relying on Shield Charger without a healer on stage 7 is a strange notion. This is only doable if every member has evasion investments, decent gear or even elixirs .Another possible scenario is the Templar himself stacking enough AOE def ratio to soak and mitigate all the damage for the team.

I mainly use shield forge like a safety net. Also Templars are still welcomed for other reasons such as the damage aura and flag (crit buff and crit resist reduction)

As for the PVP portion, tankiness in the current meta is not only class-derived but rather in conjunction with the proper stats on the ichors. (Evasion, CON, Crit Res, Block etc. ) Also take note that in pvp , CC/Stun do come with diminishing returns where the target will eventually be immune to your debuffs if the fight do drags on

1 Like

I’m new to the game, and what stat should I be focusing on ?