Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] So you want to TANK 🛡️ V1.02

I do have my own build as tanker, but not swordman. My build is cleric tanker, using Barrier - Devotion attribute of Paladin to take whole dmg for party, work well in crowded place such as cm, and my build is Oracle - paladin - PD.
P.S: I am also a Tesial player, IGN LightSpirit

1 Like

I interested in you build about Paladin.

Is you have problems about group healing and cd time of Barrie skill and how you dealing with it ?

I have a theory build at priest-paladin-diev so I want many information as much as possible lol

usually, I dont have to heal group since party doesnt get dmg, so pd is there for healing factor alone
there is downtime between Barriers, around 3-4s, but usually, I have a friend who play healer with me, so I can switch to Oracle - Diev - Paladin while my friend play Kabba - PD -Priest. With Oracle, there will be no downtime between Barriers

Do take note that the builds listed above were for the early version of RE:build.
I would probably retain this build for PVE if i have to run a pelt/rod

There are too many factors to account for builds now. Sword build? Vaivora Sword: Space?
:tired:

I would no longer update the build as i no longer main a PVE shield character. I still run one for PVP though.

The reason for a higher shield charge is not for the damage but rather the utility that came along with
(Reactive buff for bonus Block/Defense) . Also [Shield Shoving] bonus with [Shooting Star] is predetermined by the level of shooting star. Therefore lvl 1 shield shoving is enough for the mentioned synergy as well as strike damage debuff.

No, I would not recommend taking Templar in PVE unless you really need to level one. Barbarian is the best choice you can go for. You can still use Reit with a shield actually. Spear shield has more options/variants than it’s sword counterpart. Lastly, Pelt is rather underwhelming in current context/meta. There is no reason to pick it at all. Tanking purely with class utility is no longer sufficient.

Stats > utility

The next shield class update would be a pretty big one, you can check it out:

I’m creating a party with some friends to do late game content, and i’ll be the tank.
Do you think that a Highlander based build with two-handed (looking foward for the new Vaivora Highlander weapon) can be the tank?
Maybe Highlander-Templar-X. (Templar for the Advanced Orders taunt effect too, for mobbing. I believe the taunt effect is only while riding a companion, but with the Arts this works on foot too?)
What do you think?

Hello there, sorry for the very late reply.

Firstly, you have to understand how highlander has to actively press crossguard to block. And the defensive mechanism is not passive.

Templar is more for guild-related buffs in pve or pvp. There are better alternatives in the shield tree to better suit your needs. IMC has revamped the entire selection of shield class with the recent patch