Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] So you want to TANK 🛡️ V1.02

Rodelero is a damage class… all depends on how you will build your skills.

think i can add some variant?
hakka rode peltas can be tank too. for future patch, provoke from SW attribute will increase to 150% each lvl. thus, hakka has nice buff from cavalry charge (P.Def and M.Def increase by 100% for 5 sec) and has 20 sec cd. helm chopper is good for stunning boss (i dunno if that work on raid/world bosses) for 2 second. in rebuild, block chance only up to 50%, and that really easy to reach. i hope if this information can be useful. (sorry for my bad engrish ;3)

Nope

20chars20chars20chars

Nope block isn’t capped yet . You can stack block over 50 % Chance definitely

You might have mistaken it with the fact that Block only reduces 50 % damaged versus 100 % in pre-re build

For those asking about rodeo
It is a hybrid class , it can both Dps and tank. However the tanking mechanism requires you to actively toggle skills like slithering or shield charge . it is unlike peltesta that simply buffs himself with hard shield and Guardian.

I Think IMC need more Improve the Tank 1hand+Shield Class Peltasta Rodelero Murillo
-Peltasta
In Peltasta 3 skill that threat monster/Boss are the best in umbo blow if IMC changed animation of the shield lob just like Captain America(The Avengers) he throw and back to the owner the shield that kinda awesome I think and The Rim Blow the same way of shield lob just need change animation kinda bit faster because in cm/bosses stage this class has decent to tank whole team.
-Rodelero
Is kinda odd that shooting star has not apply the cassis crista passive the mechanic on pre rebuild it’s add damage to this skill.
-Murmillo
All good but why IMC just make it straight way to all skill include shield /using helmet murm that improvements by cassis crista passive.
Hopefully in future this class get buff/improvement still decent in tank and dps a mob in this ReBuild too.

1 Like

Yeah I have to agree with you there. Peltesta is going to lose its pretty much of its aggro-whore Mechanic in the patches to come. Soon it will be just a class that allows you to be tanky with just Guardian and hard shield . The rest of the kit is pretty much useless , aside from swash buckling.

The actual use of shield throw is also gone, it was the shieldless debuff that allow you to still block even though you are disarmed

Rodeo shooting star just got buffed not too Long ago , including a bonus that rewards users when used after shield shoving. It has very high SFR , 3 OH and a good CD. Adding cista bonus would only make it broken. However it still retains the the additional damage of 30% of your shield defence , which is not really rewarding for invested shied users. Just a side perk

Murm is pretty much in a good spot now, except for the fact that headbutt aoe is non-existent. The helm got slapped with 2 nerfs since rebuild. Firstly passive spell dodge is gone , and 2ndly 50% reduced damage was removed

IMC should be changed this synergy not make sense with sprint buff why???
Should be good with threat buff by swash buckling and make change into make enemy targeted you as a tanker that make sense shlitering got usefull if that happen…

Another thing that Swordies tankers need is a Counter/Thorn Armor like skill. :sad:

And a rework on the normal block(press C) because the cooldown limitation on pvp is unreasonable after they made block reducing 50%…

Edit: Umbo Blow and Rim Blow synergy with High Guard again too.

Slithering used to be full immunity to spells , something which I really miss. You can actually sprint while slithering by holding down slither and double tap directional button to sprint with it.

That synergy with murm sprint is bugged , it doesn’t work :tired:

Yes the old peltasta felt whole with the high guard synergy to boost the other shield skills. Not forgetting , there was a short 50 % armor break on umbo thrust which is removed.

Like what I mentioned , pelt is simply utilised at the moment for guardian and hard shield defensive capabilities. They other skills are merely fillers that are not even worth using. Perhaps this is IMC way of balancing the class by making it entirely defensive with lackluster offensive skills.

Thorn sounds too powerful in this game , it can abused for afk farming or extremely broken like how the original r7 was like.

1 Like

I keep send ticket about this class must change so much cause another class like dao is really broken you know its to op overall.

PortlyGrouchyAngwantibo-size_restricted this reference of shield lob just make it this animation will be great instan and simple agro while the swashbuckling is cd who know will be good for tank ???

@Erzakoz just see the Capt.America film on winter soldier/The Avenger that just like the Tanker with Fearless warrior epic enough to be animation on all defensive look like damage skill to this tree class Peltasta-Rodelero-Murmillo :laughing::laughing:

Once upon a time . There were 5 captain America using shield skills on a boss , and was Too OP and it got nerfed eventually

What I see in Dao now , is equal to the old captain America in the past. They deal damage at a faster rate compared to other classes

I just started a tank build. Now I have impressive defense stat with my character. I want to know about AOE defense ratio. How high does it need to be to tank for my team in general mob fight? Like challenge quest.

Alright the mechanics behind AOE ratio:

So basically you beef yourself up with more AOE DEF ratio to get prioritized in the attack.
Say if a boss skill has an attack/skill with AOE ATK ratio of 50, and you have AOE DEF of 30.
Remaining AOE ATK ratio left : 50-30 = 20

where 20 will be disseminated to the next target with the highest AOE DEF ratio, until it is depleted

Now i have stacked up my AOE defense ratio up to 18. When trying to test it with one friend standing nearby me. It seems like both of us still take the damage from the mob’s normal attack. I tried to test it in PVP as well. And my friend (enemy) who used a basic attack (AOE atk Ratio 3) to attack my other friend (ally with party) standing nearby, I still couldn’t take the damage from him. Can anyone show me a video about this mechanics? I found none online.

which mob is it , and can you confirm it was a normal attack or an ability by the mob. in normal circumstances , you should be the one taking the hits.

unfortunately there are no available clips online , but you might notice people using pets in gem fued . That is the predominant form of aoe def being used defensively by players against other players

20940%SFR? that’s big! is it still relevant now?

For the time being, yes . But this mechanic got removed from pelt skills in the future ktos patches