Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Musketeer Indept Thread

er i know this thread id kind of dead wondering if its ok to mix a red and yellow 7’s on emengard musket? running glass mole cards currently, full dex. i have one yellow in, and am waiting on market for others. is it ok to go 2 yellow +1 red or wait for 3 yellow. thank you!

musketeer must have high crit chance because almost all their skill arent multi hit. Do you plan to continue playing after stat revamp? If yea, then you better invest on green gem

I’m trying to build an AOE capable musket, I have these builds in mind:

1. a2>sapper2>wugu2>musket2 (or a3>wugu3>musket2)
  2. a3>flecther3>musket2 (or a1>sapper2>flecther3>musket2)

So it’s pretty much crossfire vs throw gu pot.

Does anyone has a thought about it?

With the reset event you can try both.

Ahah that explain why I have not seen the build but fletcher mergen. Thanks for the remind!

Trying out a Musk2 today, are there any sample skill builds I could follow?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#314184egg.1a24354a51.1a4a.14213545.1135435561.1a2a37415171

After mixin n matchin, this is what I came up with. Hunter is there for [growling] and it combos with SR being able to control WHERE the pet is with riding when you press [growling].

The only skill “I get” is [covering fire]. I like it. It feels good to use (thanks to the sfx). It has a decent cd (with 2 OH). Then there is [snipe]. It’s single target (2 with att) 25sec cd (with no OH). Is it a pvp only thing? In addition, I feel like [headshot] is only there to bleed something for the [snipe] bonus damage (is it big btw?). The 50 INT and SPR reduction has me thinking “oh pvp” but everybody already understands that stats are “worthless” so why bother with [headshot]?

@Mawsiee this is duck hunt 2.0

Why not just use the /Comeon command as a macro (mine is 0) or have a Penguin pet :o.

Because it still takes time. Before when I tried it out without SR I could afford to wait because I was taking 1 for damage. Now that I’m taking at least 300 damage I need the [growling] in the right place “now”.

Just to make sure I’m following you though.
You’re going SR for the riding attribute because you’re not using a TP pet or the green penguin with their inherit riding right?

you can move the growling if youre SR?

Dunno yet. I though maybe you would know :slight_smile:

Any reason to not take 1 point in bayonet and birdfall?
The first is dealing decent damage with a fast animation (you can also leech the damage given by the really popular lancer hop build).
The second one is pretty poor but for 1 point having a 1K2% skill (with 2 overhit) is always pleasant.

Can you explain me why you put 10 in headshot and 7 in snipe and not the contrary? The first one got a 120%+ scaling per point against 93 for the other one. Is that changing the bleeding damage?

thanks for the answer

i’ll try this tomorrow if it would move, because if it will, why use musket? go cannon hahaha

Already tried the cannon. Cannon does better with Qs3 since AA’s are affected by [running shot] and [bazooka]. On just a little below 2k atk (I’m poor T_T) my AA’s are doing 20-30k for “free” while stuff like [cannon blast] need upwards of 300 sp per use.

Musket is like a clean slate (forced) as none of the previous skills work with musket unless they use some gimmick (pet, traps) or are buff heavy.

bayonet is melee range.
i maxed headshot because of reload attribute.
i am all ear for better skill distribution, actually.
summoning @tomgo32000 who is a very expert in musketeer to this thread

Hey guys, just wondering if there is any good Musketeer builds for stuff like bossing/ET? Doesn’t have to like top aoe dps (cause Musk isn’t aoe) but something that’s at least viable and wont drag others down in stuff like ET and end game content? Thanks!

I think Sapper 2/3 is lovely in ET because of Broom Trap and traps can be used without weapon swapping. Wugushi skills can also be used with a musket but I saw on several Reddit topics that many ET monsters are poison resistant.

I both tried Sapper and Wugushi last week. Sapper’s Collar Bomb is buggy (doesn’t work sometimes) so I didn’t keep it. And since ET mobs seem to resist poison, bye bye Wugushi.

=> you may aim for a build with Sapper (max Broom Trap, no Collar Bomb).
=> Falconer 2 might be another option for Circling & Sonic Strike (you can’t go Falconer 3 since you won’t be able to get Musketeer 2).

I wanted a PvE Musketeer as well but I didn’t find any PvE build that suits me since the Rebalance Patch so I sadly left Musketeer for Cannoneer.

Waiting for more experienced advices …

there are only falconer1build and falconer3build, dont go falconer2. Sonic strike without preemptive strike from falconer3 is very hard to manage. Circling lv 5 is enough for PVE
Btw, if you pick musketeer than you must pick musketeer2 too, dont stop at musketeer1

1 Like