Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Mage Builds General Discussion šŸ’„

Something i kinda hate with wizard is how limited you are in mixing support and damage class effectively, Cleric can easily go through such issues since imc granted them with some good multi hit skills with relatively short cd pretty much everywhere but wizard? Not so much.
In the end almost all my support builds (even with cryo 3) ends up with a pyro 2 variant, actually almost every build ends up with pyro 2 but thatā€™s another issue i have with wizard in general (pyro dps is too dominant yet unappealing due to fireball being thrown around), at least the magic missile change is a step in the right direction, too bad wiz1/2 is still really bad when it comes to killing.

why do your cryo 3 need a pyro 2? I thought it would be better with psychokino.

Itā€™s not needed but itā€™s still viable, personally in that case iā€™d rather go linker 2/featherfoot or psyko/whatever (pyro2 for exampleā€¦) but i donā€™t feel pyro 2 is a completely bad choice if youā€™re not interested in R7 for example.

90% of the current content tho, considering we are level 280 / 600 with ever stronger classes, I do agree though that having low DPS until then is a turn off.
It seems like you are looking for : boss killer, future proof, high survivability, easy leveling.

Wiz3ele3 are boss killers and future proof considering their high numbers of hits but its harsh to level one and die quickly.

Pyro thau provides high survivability and easy leveling but fireball can be pushed, flame ground ticks slowly and fire pillar has long cooldown.

Psychic pressure is not recommended because of high cooldown and easy to interrupt.

Sorcerer doesnā€™t brings enough damage.

Necro brings scaling damage but their potential is still unclear until c3 is out (currently below average).

Warlock and featherfoot donā€™t really look good yet we can only wait later circles.

At the moment wizards are unable cover all your needs.
I bring up clerics because they can grab scaling damage and because of heal and safety they will always be needed in party.

In kOBT Iā€™m going for pyro2ele3 so I can level easily, kill bosses and somewhat future proof (still having regrets since magic missile buff), I die quickly but Iā€™ll just overlook this and do my bestā€¦

Indeed, there is no best build with easy way.
The problem of mmorpg of course there is no future proof :smiley: dev can change anything.

We have yet to see r6-r7 performance in kOBT, good thing is IMC willing to hear from players like how wiz3 and archer buffed now.

There is a best build we just donā€™t know what the end game content is so we donā€™t know what it is yet.

Just got to wiz3 on kobt. Since itā€™s my first wiz3, I cannot compare the magic missile before and after the buff. Can you guys explain what has been buffed, how it worked before the buff and now and how magic missile works in general (in detail)?

Atm it feels great, oneshotting huge groups of mobs on tenet floor 1 (shouldnā€™t it only be 5 mobs? Cause it is definetly more)

How long will magic missile be strong? When will it feel as weak as energy bolt? And will it?

1 Like

Before the change, the bouncing effect only occurs with enemies that have been debuffed with Sleep. Since Sleep doesnā€™t work on flying monsters, there was no way you could achieve the bouncing effect on flying mobs. Now that the bouncing effect has been made the default, there is no need for Sleep.

Thanks! How many times can it bounce? It seems it hits more than 5 mobs. How strong is the missile when you are, say, level 100? If it is still strong, it is not much worse than playing a pyro-linker (unless people kill themselves before reaching wiz3).

P.S. I killed bosses with pyro-linker and wiz2. Wiz 2 is not much worse, the time I spent to kill bosses was just a tad longer. The only problem was when bosses kept spawning adds and levelling. Now the magic missile has solved it for me (dunno how it will feel later though). Actually, it seems even better than pyro2ā€™s spells for killing mages and archers since you cannot really group them for FB and flameground unless you are a linker.

I still need to test pyro2 though cause Iā€™m still not sure if wiz3 is better than pyro2 (since pyro does more damage to bosses)ā€¦

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

In CBT each missile can bounce once to sleeping target and you have to group them tgt to sleep
But in Kobt look like they increased it to 2 bounces ? which mean 9 hits total per cast. Its one of the best skill to killing trash mobs group.
Dmg wise i donā€™t think wiz 3 is better pyro 2 :laughing:, the utilities surespell/quick cast for late game are what we aiming.

Btw, look like joint penalty was nerfed ?

I was considered to go linker if warlock C2 still suck, with this nerf guess iā€™ll have to stick with warlock afterall.

Well it needs to be confirmed.
If this is true, it just means wizards have one less choice to make which would be sad imo.

I am choosing between wiz3, pyro2 or pyro-linker now. This would leave me with just 2 choices ;(

The missile seems to compensate for not taking linker c1 if you go wiz3 since the link was actually really good for mages and archers mostly, all other non-flying mobs can die without any problem from wizz tree aoe spells since they do not have aoe ratio. FB and missile can kill flying mobs (and missile is even better for spread out groups now). Still a hard choice to make _

Is it? So it mean while mobs are linked, they can only receive same AoE dmg for once, not twice as previously.

For me, I try to avoid warlock or featherfoot now.

1. We hv not seen C3 of them, as currently I think they are around average only.
  2. There is a leak where Iā€™m more exciting in Runecaster, Shadowmancer, Taoist Priest, Mimic, Enchanter, Onmyoji and Sage. Perhaps we know the costume is so much better.

I will probably play 2 mages which are alchemist-based and necromancer-based.

At rank3, Wiz3 and Pyro2 can make a good discussion now.
Pyro2 still a breeze up to rank5 in everything.
Wiz3 is situational due to rely on bounce, +50% damage is good but it is not 100% up time.

It also depend what higher rank you would play
Pyro2 if Psychokino, Thaumaturge, Alchelmist, Chronomancer, (Combo, DPS, easy leveling)
Wiz3 if Elementalist, Warlock, Necromancer, Sorcerer (for burst DPS)

If linker, Wiz3 you are support orientated to share the Surespell and Quickcast.
Else, Pyro2 for link fireball and hangmanā€™s know.

There is little reason why you need to share quick cast, as the 50% damage buff will not be transferred.

I felt that linkerā€™s nerf is unnecessary though, it really weaken the pyro linker by alot, and make others choose pyro 2 or wiz 3 instead.

Rip my elite Wiz 3 status.

so with linker nerf and cryo boost, psycho-cryo mage really viable again?

Psycho-Cryo or wall+pp combo is unchanged. Only some basic skills of Cryo have been up and cooldown reduced.
iā€™m Gonna level up a little to try the new Gust.

Can you confirm the linker nerf? I cannot find any official info or screenshots proving it. And I donā€™t have a linker on ktos nowā€¦

Check out this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIlVU6c6M7A&feature=youtu.be&t=176

It seem JP doesnā€™t give 2x dmg anymore.

Linker is still a must for many classes with few aoe spells like sorc, necro or featherfoot anw.

They felt so underwhelming now.