Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Mage Builds General Discussion šŸ’„

It is sad though, now they look nothing special in dungeon, except kill range mob easier.

Hey guys,

Does reflect shield prevent you from getting knock back/down? The damage reduction is negligible but if it can prevent knock back/down, I would still put point into it xD

I think no, it didnā€™t prevent knockdown.

1 Like

Ah I see, so no Reflect Shield then.
How about Linker and Elementalist. I know Joint Penalty wonā€™t work with Frost Cloud since it is AoE. But how about Joint Penalty + Hail/Prominence/Electrocute. They are multi-hit abilities that have individual hit counts. Would linker boosts those skills significantly? I donā€™t see myself picking Warlock ( the costume is nice thou)ā€¦Dark theme with underwhelming abilitiesā€¦And Rank 8-9-10 better invested on cooler class :smiley:

Link+ electrocute is awsome but usless in word bosss fights like most other links but it is just crazy for groups of mobs though.

Links used to work with all aoe spells, not sure how it is now. I was a Pyro linker in icbt, prominence isnā€™t good even with links. Linked Hail did work, not sure how it is after the nerf.

1 Like

You went pyro Ele right? Have u tried bouncing Electrocute off Fireball ?? I wonder if it works. And if I have Electrocute lv 15 and using it against 2 targets, would it bounce back and forth or just twice and done :stuck_out_tongue: ???

It seemed that it would bounce twice, the more targets you have, the better.

Still, I donā€™t think that losing a dps circle for electrocute only is worth it now, linker ele is deadā€¦

I didnā€™t try electrocute with fireballs

Anyone thinking of going Featherfoot for Wiz 3 Ele 3? Seems like 1 circle of that and you will have really good sustain for grinding. I think bloodbath is 10 hits so it is not too bad and Blood Sucking is multi-hit too but the sp cost is very intensiveā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olV5BiG8Epo

From the video, despite his full INT build and only 4k hp, it actually quite good.

Just my concern,it need to stand still while blood sucking, so you may need 1 linker for crowd control.

Sleep would do I think, or earth quake xD
And I know stone curse is bad, but is it ok to invest 1 point in it for another situational CC?

Yes, it is fine. Elementalist only has a few important skills anyways.

Necromancer still viable now that Raise Dead is at circle 2 ? Also how is my build ? http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/k93ralpccq/

You might wanna consider leaving only 1 point in Lethargy and Earthquake as they are used only for utility. Lethargyā€™s debuff does not scale well at all. Iā€™ll recommend you to take Reflect Shield. It DOES prevents knock back/down (tested).

On another note, solid hybrid build with the DPS from Pyro & support and CC from Linker. I like :ok_hand:. Very strong in PvP because of Raise Dead giving you kiting capabilities & Linkerā€™s Bind. Definitely good in bossing & mobbing because pyrolinker lol. Iā€™d rate that 3.5/5 for both PvE and PvP :smiley: . btw wont it be hard for you to get corpse at rank 6 because you donā€™t have Gather Corpse?

Seens that you can buy a Corpse Pot that give you 30 Corpses, if that is true Gather Corpse is useless.

:open_mouth: Really? Wow I didnā€™t know that. Thatā€™s interesting.

yay! Electrocute got ninja buff, hit count per target increase with level now: https://youtu.be/CO8W4HGD0_U?t=117 (7 hits - level 10)
It was only 4 hits max before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyKWUmaI-H4

2 Likes

Does Reflect Shield block all status ailments? And why is Stone curse bad? wouldnā€™t it be a good combo with sleep in pvp?

I wanna go Wizard 3 Ele 3 and featherfoot ;x

Reflect Shield only blocks against knockbacks. You can still get frozen/burnt/poisoned/etc. Stone Curse is kinda bad right now because of its range (1 straight line wow) and its extremely long cooldown (82 seconds wow).

Does it apply your matk correctly now?

1 Like

Did he/she take lv 10 Prominence just for that mission?? Coz elsewhere lv 10 Hail + Frozen Attribute + Electrocute usually would out damage Prominence, especially if the monsters are slept and stay in Hail for all 15s.

Electrocute is nice thou, hope at lv 14/15, it hits 9 times ( basically the number of hit scales with the number of target :P). Electrocute + linker can probably wipe a group of high hp mobs easily. Each mob will get like 9 ( hit of Elec) x 5 ( C1 Linker with lv 5 Join penalty) = 45 hits, not to mention 50% from Quick Cast and 50% from JP attributeā€¦Easily out damage Frost Cloud