Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Mage Builds General Discussion šŸ’„

Well, basically you will just be using Frost Cloud (no cast time) and hail (around 1 sec cast time, we usually use quick cast after casting hail anyway).

I donā€™t think the cast time will affect your DPS much, as the limiting factor to your DPS is the cooldown, not cast time.

Why not going pyro 2 thaum 3 to maximize your party damage though?

For boss killer i think Chrono is better, haste/quicken are godsend for swordies/archers and Pass is the best for Wiz long cooldown spells. And we donā€™t know how good are Thaumā€™s buff at late game but Chronoā€™s buffs always remain useful.

Ele lv200 boss killing

With a lot of buffs recently, i think Archer will soon be the best boss killer class (with the right build), most wiz classes has trouble with bosses keep moving around.

For one pyro 3 is already a good pve boss killer, you can probably burn through bosses in 15 seconds for one cycle of skill casting, 30 seconds for two.
The problem is thauma. its like taking a support class for dps means. and pyro and thauma are like pve and pvp classes that dont go well together.
second, what stat are you going to build? if u focus int, when you use transpose you will have something like 20k health cap but your actual health would be much lower than that. so after you transpose you would have to use a lot of hp pots to get to max hp cap. if you focus con, then at end game it wont scale as much as int and you will probably have half as many stat points than int.
for pvp, you dont have cc and since most of pyro skills can just be avoided without linker you will be a sitting tank. you wont do any dmg with con, and when you transpose you will lose health
for pve, you dont have much grinding capacity as you would if u went linker. imagine your combo. aa on mobs to group them, swell size, fireball to hit 3, flame ground to hit ~5 while you jump around keeping them in the magic circle. going pyro 2/3, linker, and thauma 2/3 would help a lot.

anyway if you want a boss killer you would want to focus on world bosses because thats where the money is at. this means
pyro, linker, warlock, maybe sorc
psycho cyro linker warlock
pyro 3 sorc 3

Cause Iā€™d offer more overall damage with Pyro c3, since Fire Pillar and my FireBalls are going to hit 50% harder than Pyro c2.

@WorldisMine This is not a PvP build, itā€™s solely PvE oriented. Ofc, for Bosses that I do need to Transpose, Iā€™d go face it Tranposed and with the HP full already.

@lyhonlam69 What does Pass stand for? Thaumā€™s buff is going to stay relevant, no matter how the game is at later levels, since itā€™s practically +470 flat INT/STR. When you think about it, @lv600, youā€™d be reaching, what, 1.5K INT going Full INT? Getting +470ATK/MATK is always going to be nice. IDK about Chrono tho, from the looks of it, itā€™s a class more suited for Support-oriented Wizard builds instead of DPS oriented ones.

Pass: -25s cooldown for all skills

According to tosbase stat calculator, at lv600 your min base atk will be around ~2k (~3k+ included gears ?), 470atk/matk canā€™t be compare to much faster atk speed and cooldown reset for all of your skills.

No, Pyro and Thau make a good pair actually. I think I called it ā€œDamage per Hitā€ build, the main mechanism is to utilise high hit count skill and maximise damage per hit.
To do that, you need Arde Dagger to + FireDmg and Swell Right/Left/Brain to maximise mAtk.
The formula of fire skill raw dmg = (mAtk + FirePropertyDmg + SkillBaseDmg) x (SkillAttribute% + mDmg%) per hit. Means your thaumaturge matk buff scale up perfectly with your fireballs 10hits x 2overheats and 25hits of flameground.

As compare to pyro2elem3, your swell left/right arms fireballs dmg on par with hail, flameground dmg on par with icecloud. Just that you lack of element choice but you cn buff your friend. Also you hv more SP efficiency. Of course your fireballs will pushed in dungeon compare to hail.

In questing and bossing, pyro2thau3/pyro3thau2 not so far away from pyro2elem3.

Is that the new c3 skill? And this is a DPS build, going for Chrono c3 is going to cut my damage too much, and Iā€™d become a Support.
Like Mirara said:[quote=ā€œMirarara, post:19, topic:125788ā€]
Personally when building for maximum DPS I tend to leave out any buffing rank that I can obtained by partying one, so that I can reach the maximum possible number.
[/quote]
Which makes alot of sense, Iā€™d never go for Chrono c3 for a boss killer build because thatā€™s a support build.
Going for bosses, weā€™d always take Chronomancers for Boss Resurrection anyways.

Not really, do note that ele 3 hit much harder than pyro 2/3 alone, and thau 3 wonā€™t double your damage.

ehhhā€¦isnā€™t thauma a support class too ? :X
As my opnion ,in a party Chrono can raise total dps output more better thauma.

Burst damage yes, Pyro definately lost so far.
But pyro have much lower CD and already 2 cycles where elementalist only 1 cycle.

Elementalist have more skills to cast and overall of course higher output, but not so much to say so.

Consider you also cn focus attribute % on pyro which make it more efficient.

Iā€™m talking about overall damage due to having hail and frost cloud.

Thaumaturge is a support class but it also self supported to push higher matk.

Hail lv15, 309 dmg and 20s, 45s
FrostCloud lv5, 643 dmg 10s, CD 30s

Fireball lv15, 326+500 dmg, 30hits, 15s
Flameground lv15, 236+500 dmg, 30s, 25s

you decide XD iā€™ve tried it and i would recommend the build.

A Ele3 sure does more overall dmg comparing to my build,no question on that, but itā€™s no as flexible as my Thaum version. Beeing able to change my HP however I want(Going from Full INT to 50%CON/INT and Full CON) according to the type of Boss Iā€™ll face is a really valuable mechanic. A mechanic that a Ele c3 normally canā€™t have, unless they spend 1 circle on Thaum, which would end up with an odd build, losing Warlock/Featherfoot or delaying Ele c3 to later ranks is a harsh price to pay for that.

@lyhonlam69 3K Attack with gears at lv600, suddenly, +470MATK/ATK doesnt look too bad for max lvl. Itā€™s relevant. More then that, itā€™s a great buff to have.

But Frost Cloud and Hail ticks much faster and has wider aoe range than pyro skills.
Another big problem is you canā€™t use Fireball in group play.

Yup, my point is that Pyro+Thaumaturge is not so worse in leveling, questing and bossing. But not better in dungeon and pvp compare elementalist. However, the party buff make both of them comparable.

Hail tick is fast, but it doesnā€™t hit all on each monster.
My lv180 pyro2thau3 a fireball hit 1.5k+ dmg each hit. 60% attribute with thau buffed 500+ matk.

Thau C3 is pretty good in group play I would say. Their damage would fall off but if they give all that buff to an elementalist or Int cleric, it is gg :smiley:

Just forget pyromancer if you are looking for boss hunt, its great for mobbing though.
If you want to stick to thaumaturge in your build you might consider : wiz3 thau2 necro (rank 7 ?)
I donā€™t know how strong it is, someone in this forum tried it his input could be valuable.

Also reminding that clerics have great scaling spells (cure, carnivory, oobā€¦) and survivability.

Ehā€¦ I have a huge NOPE to that build XD Itā€™s basically a build based around sucking for 90% of the game, then having to use r7+ skills, skills with high cooldowns, to do damage.
Using that build, youā€™re limited to going full dps from r7-10, which doesnā€™t look too bad untill you realise that youā€™ll be stuck with 1 C3 class and 1 C1 class worth of skills(Or 2 c2 classes, without r10 class) and not being able to go with any of the r8-10 classes for Utility, since youā€™re too low on damaging skills.
Some Clerics do have great scaling spells, we do too and we have more of them overall. This isnā€™t about Clerics tho, idk why you brought that up.

Yes, the build in the list also for future dps, if really willing to go the toughest way.

Anyway, Wizard C3 magic missiles is buffed a lot, it could be a yes.