Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] How to Archer: C1 - C2 - C3

Hello Guys, I’ve recently reached Scout with lvl 81 and I thought I’d share my experiences regarding the often as slow perceived C1 to C3 journey. Especially because Archer is sometimes classified as a weak dmg class, too.

Though I am well aware, that the Archer/Scout class is horribly underwhelming and even bugged at the moment, I just like Rogue/Thief themed classes and wanted to try it out myself. But with the current situation I strongly recommend not going the Scout route after Archer C3.
Also look:

In terms of leveling guide, I thankfully stuck to this guide from coloma_karl1 or gorgoroth?!, from which I quote and which I happily recommend:

also check this for your exp curve and why it is good to save up exp cards:

On top of that, I will cover some basic tips for equipment, silver management, skill-/statbuild and leveling spots regarding the archer class. Those are all my personal leveling experiences. Feel free to leave constructive critisism.

This guide should help you fare pretty well in terms of leveling speed with less downtime, even versus more strongly oriented AoE classes.
Enjoy!

Archer Guide:

1. Skillbuild: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/7dslp6acki/

2. Statbuild: Str/Dex ratio 1:2, meaning you Dex is always the double of your Str, for example: 10 Str / 20 Dex. NO: Spr, Int, Con. Tried both Full Str, Full Dex, both lacked in my opinion.

But read this:

Why the above?

Swiftstep: The “passive swiftstep: critical” is just too valuable, giving you a 25% increase in critical hit chance for 1m at max lvl.
Multi Shot: To use references… it delivers “tons of damage” and is your “big game hunter”. Bosskiller.
Full Draw: Though, it’s cc functions are limited (and i think bugged), due to really low range of aoe, it at least should help against high-def targets. Furthermore it helps you keeping those mobs away, if you want to tag/kill this friggin’ fck crowded questobject, Argh!
Oblique Shot: Main farming/spamming skill. You want to leave it at lvl 1, because the dmg increase from further levels is rather limited. Instead the sp cost will significantly increase and kill your up time.
Kneeling Shot and Heavy Shot: I’d rather be mobile and what is Heavy Shot? A 2nd Full Draw? No, thanks.
Twin Shot: Instantly critically hit 1-shot mobs with 1 button mash for 34Sp. Also nice if you are beeing ks’ed, just snipe the mobs, when they start to attack. hrhrr

Skill & Passives to get, sorted by priority from left to right:

Multi Shot -> Mix in 1x Oblique -> Swiftstep -> Full Draw- > Twin.

Swiftstep: Critical, Oblique Shot: Enhance, Two-handed Bow Mastery: anti-Air, Full Draw: Defense decrease, rest optional.

Oblique Shot: Enhance is your way to do “AoE dmg”. At 10 sp it is easy to spam. With lvl 81 my attribute lvl was 36. meaning a damage increase of 35%. This helps alot! Try to get it at least to lvl 26 with your early silver, before concentrating on the other passives.

Two-handed Bow Mastery: anti-Air: As you currently cannot read the skilldescription ingame. It gives you a 20% dmg increase per lvl when fighting against flyer units with a two-handed bow. Which means 100% aka. double the damage to flyer units at max lvl. This includes Ghosts, Birds, Ufos, those freshly married couples on cloud seven etc.

Silver Management:

What you want to spend silver on:
Sp Pots, Sp Pots, Sp Pots! I always carry around like 50-60. Spam those!
Passives! Mainly: Swiftstep, Tow-Handed Bow Mastery, and Oblique Shot: Enhance!(expensive)
Weapons and upgrades +5

What you dont want to spend silver on:
A pet. Way too expensive.
Armor. If you really really want those overpowered gloves http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/503101/, buy the vubbe blood…but you dont need it.
Just farm / craft your equipment for now.
Other passives. At the moment, they are not worth it in my opinion.

Leveling Guide and Equipment

Only use leather Items to get the bonus dodge from the passive! You can upgrade gems with normal loot like hanami petals, but i wouldn’t put them in any equipment. Save them for later.

1-24, do all quest, until you finish crystal mines
Treasure Chests to get:
http://2p.com/36995909_1/Tree-of-Savior-Guide-Treasure-Chest-Locations-by-Wei.htm

24-28, kill mobs and onion miniboss at miners village, Will also give you enough gold to stock your potions.

Here you will get most silver to upgrade your passives, Buying a few hp potions and like 30-50 small sp potions everytime you have to go back to the town, will do the trick.
Never buy anything else than small HP / SP potions. They are enough.

28-30 and 30-35, quest until you get to tenent garden, grind outside tenent chapel, it gives more XP

South east at Srautas Gorge spawn a lot of grummers, zignuts, and pantos. Occasionally, a cafrisun spawns. Here you can farm this set: http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/sets/7/
The zignuts drop: The Seeker. http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/162101/
If it does not drop, buy it from the market and upgrade it to +5. This bow will accompany you till lvl 45+
The Shine Bracelet is excellent until lvl 80++. It gives loads of sp which helps you spam Oblique. http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/602102/. Farm it. Also, there are a lot of flyers.
You can farm vubbe blood from Vubbe Fighters at the mine to get vubbe fighter gloves, too. But I didn’t because it is a pain in th…you know.

35-40, do chapel and f1 quests, (reminder: do not use xp scrolls)

40-60, grind at tenent chapel f2, until you reach 50(60), f2 is also the best farming site.

What you want to kill are Green Apparitions. They are no match for your Bow + Passive Combo. Your exp will go really fast. They drop Corpse Hands, which let you craft the zalia leather items bought from the black smith, too.
Also the Infro Holder Archer drop the Iron Bow Recipe http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/162102/, which is so good, that it will serve you till 80+.
If it doesnt drop, buy it from the market and upgrade it to +5 at least.

Keep your Seeker at all costs, you need it for Heart Seeker: http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/163103/

Read this for more about the watcher set: 💡 Hidden Quest and Useful Information (Might have spoil) 💡

I started with the tenet garden dungeon (req. lvl 50) at lvl 51 and went to 60 in 1,5hours with a good party. You can do instance runs till 70 if you really want. But it gets slower after 62.

60-70, Do all remaining quests from veja Ravine up to Kvailas forest, and gateway of the kings till zachariels road.also, do the dungeon raids near tenent chapel entrance.Use your saved XP scrolls to reach 70 as fast as possible.

(65)70-80+ Royal mausoleum (workers rest area), or solo at constructor’s chapel.

-Solo: go at constructors chappel, and clean-up all the mobs there. easier for archers. (Earth Apparitions & Spectres!)

-Party mechanics.
4 members will pre-cast skills at spawn points. (http://prntscr.com/8xc1gq) and 1 warrior will clean the middle and ignite the lantern…

80-85, Do the quest North of Klapeida, at Gyttis settlement
("Quest Chain:“Gyttis Settlement -> Baron Allerno -> Myrkiti farm -> Aqueduct Bridge -> Tenents farm”)

to be continued…

5 Likes

I like the effort :slight_smile: will try this… I’m currently at lvl 60 with 54 pcs of experience scrolls hope this will boost me to 70 :smile:

Really thorough. I specially like the leveling guide…

If you can manage the pain of grinding to 86 at Constructor’s Chapel you hit that sweet exp reset and will be 90 within no time. This means that you can do the level 90 dungeon as well as all the leftover quests up to Mage Tower, which without popping any exp scrolls should put you there nicely somewhere around 110ish.

This is a nicely laid-out collection for starting archers. It will certainly give newbies some idea of how to function well in this Closed Beta.

The guide you made is really good. But how about a bit strategy of. Archer C2/ Sapper C2?
Then Rogue one and Schwaritze ritzer?

Can’t help you there because I am not familiar with sapper, yet. This guide covers C1 to C3 build, only. Though, I would guess all steps are the same. Well except for skills and stats, maybe.

what is Heavy Shot? A 2nd Full Draw? No, thanks.

Heavy shot replaces Oblique shot against plate monsters (+50% damage)
you should learn the skills before making a guide …

Is Twin Shot really good enough to go C3? I am going Archer -> Hunter C2 -> Fletcher, and I feel like it’d be a waste to delay it pretty much just to get Twin Shot.

Heavy shot does more damage to Plate? Where do you see that? =o

It doesn’t mention it ingame, but it works nonetheless.

Using heavy shot on plate causes " +50% Heavy Shot " to show up. It’s seperate from Strike, it’s its own builtin effect.

Full Draw likewise does more damage to Leather, while Twin Arrows does more damage to Cloth (for Twin Arrows however, the " +50% " doesnt show up, though it DOES work. My level 1 Twin Arrows does more damage to cloth enemies PER HIT than level 5 Heavy Shot.

Might wanna add on scout’s Cloak’s attribute bug. It says in skill description that it applies to next skill used, but it only applies on first hit of multi hit skill instead. I’m not sure if its mistranslated, or bug.

Thanks! =) This is kind of aside from this thread a bit, but do you happen to know any details about Hunter? Do any of their skills stun/snare targets in PvP? I know they have Retrieve, but I’m not sure how it interacts with players.