Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Full Tank - Peltasta C3 + Higher ranks. MY WAY. By Draknus

##=== Full Tank - Peltasta C3 + Higher Ranks. MY WAY.===

So, you come… You heard the call!
Today you wanna learn the way to be the Meatshield Masoquist that will be the first to get face-slaped for your friends, right?
HOW NOBLE! Bro… A tear almost get from my eyes, I’m so proud of you!

Ok, grab that piece of junk that you call a shield, raise it higher and listen to how to My Way!

========= Why I should go FULL TANK? =========

I don’t know, maybe you like to get your face slaped by other ppl/mobs all time and endure it like nothing is happenning?
Maybe you like to see your HP bar and compare with the others on your party to say “HAH I HAVE MORE HP SUCKERS!”

Ho knows…?

But if you come here to me and say: " I WANT TO BE FULL TANKER CAUSE I WANNA HELP MY FRIENDS AND PLAY TOGHETER AND BE USEFULL".
I’ll just a little bit more pleased to show you MY WAY TO TANK.

**========= Living, Loving, Serving, Praising My Way =========**

You made your choice, now you have a long road to walk.
I won’t teach everything to you, cause most of things you’ll go learn trough experience. Whats work on My Way, maybe it can’t work in your Way…
But ITS MY WAY! So if its not working for you, then you doing it wrong! Just FOLLOW MY WAY.

Raise your shield, Learn how to taunt. Learn how to position yourself with a wall on your back. Learn how to maximize the DPS of your party members.
Learn WHEN to CC and when you should TRUST in your Party Mates, Learn to talk, Learn to make friends.
Get knowledge by testing things.

Thats is what I’m trying to teach you on My Way.
You’re not alone, be the one to open the path to your friends or just to yourself, but always:
“Keep going foward, look to the side. Watch for the Halfblood on the beat of the Small Guitar”

So what is your JOB?
Protect your team mates
Stack the mob the best way you can
Won’t let anything touch my DPS
Hold everymob that is possible
Position the mob between you and your DPS.
Make the life of the Healer/Support Easier.
Always look what is happening at your surroundings and act as fast as possible.
DON’T PANIC.
If you see that you go die, Don’t run like a crazy, If necessary, DIE BUT KEEP YOUR PARTY SAFE.
Be the first to enter in battle.

**========= Aggro =========**

Without Swash Buckling you can only ‘hold’ 5 mobs, when you try to get another mob one of the mobs that was attacking you will decide to IGNORE you and go away.

As I said without the Swashbuckler taunt you won’t do your job pretty well, if you think that you can hold a aggro of the mobs with your damage you… WHAT DAMAGE BRO??? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A FULL TANKER!
If you want to do damage “to tank” GET THE CRAP OUT OF THIS GUIDE NOW, go do your Monkey stuff far from me and open any other DPS wannabe Swordsmen guide. Seriously GET OUT!

A-hem, as I was saying… You need Swashbuckler to constantly pull mobs and Holding the Aggro of the monsters.

While the limit of pulling with your normal attacks is 5, with the taunt maxed you can bring 21 Mobs to attack you (22 with monster gem, read ALL THE GUIDE)
When you taunt their AI make then to CIRCLE you, YOU DON’T WANT THAT HAPPEN! So try to pull them while standing near a wall, so they’ll stack and be easier for your DPS do the Job.

When going to tank the Boss before using the aggro try to atleast to hit atleast once on him, cause sometimes the first Aggro won’t work on recent spawned boss (Siauliai Mission, Im look at you… Stupid Mole and Tree).
Bosses/Mobs sometimes (rare but can happen) can Resist the Aggro ( Don’t know if its Bug or Supposed to be this), When this happens you need to act fast, use every type of skill that you can to counter that resist. Just don’t stand like a tree watching the boss trying to wack your mates.

Some players will turn to you and say: “You should do DAMAGE TO HOLD THE AGGRO”. They don’t know nothing about My Way.
You really think that you can compete DPS with an Ancher? DO YOU REALLY THINK that you can hold the aggro of the boss from a Elementalist Hail + Frost Cloud with just damage? Just THINK… SERIOUSLY. JUST THINK, Even with the Attribute you can hold that much aggro… Only if you want to do damag…
You know the rest of this history huh?

Just KEEP SPAMMING SWASHBUCKLER! I’ll teach 1 step of My Way. Look at your DPS, know what each class can do and their potential, The boss is already attacking you, why you should use taunt if you know that your Elementalist will use Frost Cloud? use after the cast to hold him there!
Hold a little, see if the boss will go summon mobs, always look what is happening around you. ITS MY WAY, YOUR WAY! YOU CONTROL IT, Make the mobs do YOUR WILL and let your party members do their DPS Job.

**========= Plate Armor x Cloth Armor =========**

CLOTH: When equipped with 3 or more pieces of [Cloth] armor, increases your maximum SP and magic damage taken is decreased by 5%. When equipped with 4 [Cloth] armor pieces, your magic defense increases and magic damage taken is decreased by an additional 10%.
PLATE: When equipped with 3 or more pieces of [Plate] armor, increases your maximum HP and physical damage taken is decreased by 5%. When equipped with 4 [Plate] armor pieces, your maximum stamina increases and physical damage taken is decreased by an additional 10%.

Just think with me little one… We already have a LOT of HP, a lot of BLOCK ( When we Block we get 0 Damage).
SO WHY we should use Plate?
You can block Physical Damage, but you CAN’T BLOCK MAGIC DAMAGE. Simple as that.
Magic is the real problem while tanking, make a painfull face while holding and tanking the aggro of magic mobs, LAUGH at physical damage mobs.

End of Discussion. Use Cloth armors to TANK, Thats My Way!

**========= Equipments =========**

Only shields wont work, You need to think HIGH, you need to use what is the best. AND ALWAYS KNOW THAT YOU GO NEED A LOT OF EQUIPMENT to carry with you.
I’ll go list some usefull equipments. The main Focus of + Damage Equipments are to use when you are SOLOING, OK? < I hope that you read that.
Now, about while you are DOING YOUR JOB TO TANK Dungeons/World Bosses or whatever get almost every Cloth Type Equipment with the most Magic Defense you can get. I already told you WHY! ARE YOU REALLY READING? I hope so…

Cafrisun Set -> Top, Bottom, Gloves and Shoes.
Go to Srautas Gorge, make your way to Nevapy Grassland and find the Cafrisun and Slay that little horned bastard, keep changing channels until you get your bloody set with the souls of thousands Cafrisuns.
You can get this Mother of PVE, to AutoAttack ALL DAY ALL NIGHT till your fingers bleed, DON’T FORGET TO BUY PARDONERS BUFFS to Raise your Damage WHILE SOLOING.

Weapons:

Durandal -> lvl 75 sword, it gives you +2 levels on swordsmen skills (HELLOU PAIN BARRIER lvl 7), and give a free +15 CON.

Bendras Sword -> + 24 CON and SPR (Don’t care about Str… YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TANK ANYWAY) A solid sword, for a solid tank.

Magas Sword -> Flat HP, When you don’t have anything else good to use.

Vubbe Morning Star -> The lower level weapon that you’ll love, +6 CON and the usefull of 3% Stun chance. Just think the possibilities to apply that mace on My Way!

Drake Tail -> Gives you +11 CON and 66 on Accuracy. WHY ACCURACY ON MY WAY? You say… Well just think that to cause some debuff/CC on mobs/players, you need to hit them. So, sometimes its good to have an extra accuracy.

Iron Fist -> Defence Debuff, you’ll be blocking anyway, so this will add a little bit more damage to your Physical Damage Party Members. Don’t forget, EVERY BIT COUNTS!

Spiked Mace -> This is a level 40 mace type weapon that give PIERCE type damage. Most of the Stupid annoying mobs will be weak to pierce, so get it… I used mine till lvl 120±, so do a lot of over on it!

Necklace:

Necklace of Greed -> You get it for FREE while doing quests, it has 1 Magic Resist, but when you don’t have nothing else better you should use it.

Necklace of Gluttony -> You get it for FREE while doing quests, it has 1 Magic Resist, use it while soloing things if you don’t have anything else to use.

Petamion -> Dungeon 130 Drop from Harpeia boss box. You need it to make an…

Max Petamion -> Dungeon 190 Drop from Fire Lord boss box. This is 3rd best Necklace of My Way that you can get ATM.

Terrallion -> They give 1 less stats, but has a higher Magic Defense than Max Petamion.

MAVEN NECKLACE -> Need to confirm how this baby works, But it appears that it reduce Physical Defense and add Magic Defense. When someone confirm that Necklace I’ll update.

Bracelets:

Bracer of Archer -> Good Bracer to use while soloing things.

Glass Bracelet -> Good Magic Def, get 2 of them if you can afford them.

Lolophanter Bracelet -> End-game Bracelet enough said.

Shields:

Zalia Kite Shield -> 40 Magic Defense

Ludas Shield -> +11 CON, enough said.

Sage Wall Shield -> Best Magic Defense Shield ATM. Get it as soon as you can!

Aias -> This is a GOOD Shield, it gives a lot of block, but you already pumped your CON and have a high block. I don’t like to bet my luck on 8% to get Half Damage, But if you can get it. Go for it!

Ledas Shield -> This will be your BEST FRIEND while leveling solo, it works like an Arde Dagger but its a shield, SO YOU CAN ADD MORE POWER to your already NOTHING damage that you has.

Artifacts:
5kg Dumbbell -> Str Steroid for Soloing PvE stuff. Mercenary Mission Post (Need to Confirm)

Costume Headgear:
What stats are good to get?
Health
Magic Resist
Elemental Resist
AoE Defense - Need to Test for Guild versus Guilds Utility

If you’re going to PvE Solo then the priorities will be:
Attack Damage
Elemental Damage

**========= GEMS =========**

Get those shinnies and make every bit of buff count, make My Way, YOUR WAY Easier with this little shinies! Please, before inserting it in a socket please please please please MAX THE GEM and ROAST IT into a Alchemist Shop! Thanks.

There’s only 2 Gems that have a noticable effect on My Way:

Green Gem on GLOVES -> Accuracy +2, Min Attack -1.

Blue Gem on BOOTS -> M.Def +1, HP recovery -1.

**========= Stats =========**

I hope that you know what each stat does, if not GTFO and go read about them.

You wanna see that HUGE NUMBERS on your Health Bar. So you know what to do.
THIS IS A FULL TANK MY WAY BRO, What you expected??? STR??? DEX??? SPR???

You are on MY WAY NOW! My teachings! If you regret, Its not my problem. ITS YOURS!

PUMP CON ALL DAY ALL NIGHT!
CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON CON

If you put a single point else where… Bro… You make me really mad… you know??? Just do me a favor, ok?
DELETE THAT CHARACTER.

Enough said, lets go to the next part.

**========= Skills =========**

So you started the game and want to be a Iron Wall that nobody will broke huh?
But before that you need to know what skills are good to get in what circle and order.
If you mess up something… well, just hit your face on the wall please <3 BUT DON’T DESPAIR, You can buy Skill Reset Potion at TP Shop .

Swordsman: Rank 1 : Circle 1
Your first step into my way…

Skills:
1º Max Bash -> Main Skill to level, Low Cooldown, Nice early damage.

2º Max Thrust -> Pierce Type Skill, AoE Ratio Sux, But its Piercing Type damage.

3º Max Pain Barrier -> MUST HAVE SKILL, That is a HORSE STEROID that make you a real man and don’t shake like a coward, avoid knockback/down and stagger while on STEROIDS.

Peltasta : Rank 2 : Circle 1
Now you get a fancy outfit and learn how to use a shield… You think that you are the King of the World? Chill kid, you are just starting.

Skills:
1º Max Swash Buckling -> You make a annoying sound, the monster got mad at you. Thats it! Your Main skill for your entire life. Thats My Way, Learn to Love that Skill.
2º 1 Point on Umbo Blow -> A strike damage, but it brings 2 CC’s on its Attributes. Just use it to push mobs out of your way and laugh on how far you can launch them.
3º 1 Point on Rim Blow -> This is a Soft CC, Just a little push the mobs. Learn how to position to push mobs around kiddo, maybe you go need it.
4º Hold your 8 points!

Peltasta : Rank 3 : Circle 2
Im starting to feel Proud… But thats not enough, hold your Shield Like a man Kid or you go fail! And if you fail, you’re not worth to continue My Way.

Skills:
1º Max Swash Buckling -> You can max it as soon as you get Circle 2.

2º Max High Guard -> When bad happens you need to press the PANIC BUTTON. Press it and use that Extra block to move around and do what you need to do.

3º Hold your 13 Points!

Peltasta : Rank 4 : Circle 3
One step foward into My Way! Thats it Kid! Now Enjoy some change on your gameplay but keep your arm high to block with your Shield.

Skills:
1º Max Swash Buckling -> MAX ASAP! You have a lot of Spare points to use on this day. MAKE ME PROUD!

2º Max High Guard -> Use Spare Points

3º 1 point Langort -> Multhit Skill with Pierce Type Damage, use it to rotation. And with the attribute you can Enjoy the Silence.

4º 1 point Butterfly -> Multhit Skill with Hybrid Slash/Strike Type Damage, use it to rotation to PvE Solo.

5º 1 point Umbro Thrust -> WANNA HIT HARD? WANNA MAKE YOUR FRIENDS HIT HARD THAT STUPID AND LAUGHABLE BOSS??? Get it and SMASH your Shield to break the armor (Debuff that make enemy have 0 armor) of your enemies!! It has 15 seconds of Debuff and can be used twice before the Overheat Cooldown.

5º Max Guardian -> Why last? Cause its the only moment when start using it for Dungeons, a little damage mitigation. It raises your def for 35, it not so bad at all. Its just like a another piece of armor free slot.

**========= Attributes =========**

Still here your little shield bearer? This time I’ll go talk about the Attributes, This little things are REALLY IMPORTANT in this game, if you don’t buy them you go be USELESS!
Let me say again, BUY ATTRIBUTES!!! Don’t make all your effort reading this to go in vain, or I’ll kick you out of My Way!
I’ll go list what you should buy and Max. If you don’t know why, JUST READ WHAT IT DOES and THINK! If you think everything will go make sense.

Swordsman

Cloth Mastery: Magic. -> When equipped with 4 [Cloth] armor pieces, your magic defense increases and magic damage taken is decreased by an additional 10%.

Increased Maximum Buff Count. -> Increases the maximum amount of buffs you can have by 1.

Plate Mastery: Defense. -> When equipped with 4 [Plate] armor pieces, your maximum stamina increases and physical damage taken is decreased by an additional 10%.

Provoke. -> Increases provocation when enemies attack by 50% per attribute level.
Bash: Knockdown. -> Enemies hit by [Bash] are knocked down.

Peltasta

!!!Shield Guard. -> After equipped with a shield, press the C button to use [Guard]. (GET THIS ASAP, MAKE ME PROUD AS A WALL PRESSING C)

!!!Shield Mastery: Block. -> Increases your block by 5% per attribute level when equipped with a [Shield].

!!!Swash Buckling: Maximum HP. -> Increases the character’s maximum HP by 5% per attribute level when [Swash Buckling] is active.

Guard: Defense. -> Increases your physical defense by 10% per attribute level when [Guard] is active.

High Guard: Increased Defense. -> Increases your defense by 1 per attribute level when using [High Guard].

Langort: Blocking. -> Using [Langort] increases the chance to block enemy attacks by 5% per attribute level. After a successful block, the enemy becomes afflicted with [Silence] for 3 seconds.

Umbo Blow: Stun. -> Enemies hit by [Umbo Blow] have a 5% chance per attribute level to become afflicted with [Stun] for 3 seconds.

Umbo Blow: Add Knockdown. -> Enemies hit by [Umbo Blow] will fall down, increases the knockdown power by 40 per attribute level.

**========= Monster Gems =========**

This little Monster Poops will add +1 at your skills. Need to test if they Add +1 to a skill that you didn’t leveled.
These little balls don’t Stack, so just 1 go have effect. Remember that!

Stone Orca Gem = Pain Barrier -> Socket: Top or Bottom armor

Pawndel Gem = Swashbuckler -> Socket: Main Hand or Secondary Hand

Those are the only gems that are usefull on My Way of Peltasta C3.

========= My Way continues! =========

Im really proud of you! You showed me that you can really resist the monkeys saying for you to reroll or to take STR to do DPS…
Now you getting to the RANK 5, now you have a lot of choices, this is where My Way will be different of yours, but keep walking. Step by Step on, holding tight your shield and never let it down!

Lets look what is avaiable now for us to continue our job as the keepers, the wall, the MOUNTAIN.

Rodelero 2 or 3
This class brings A LOT of Crowd Control, and has the Unique Skill Slithering, that makes you IMMUNE TO MAGIC DAMAGE (But you can still get CC’ed). BUT if you come all this way and decided to get Rodelero PLEASE GET ATLEAST CIRCLE 2 for Slithering.
That single skill can make a HUGE the difference if used correctly.

Squire
Utility class, Brings only 1 Crowd Control (BUT ITS A REALLY GOOD SNARE), and a lot Utility with they Base Camp + Food Buffs can give you a lot more Max Health.

Corsair
Money Making + Little Damage Buff to your party and some crownd Control, The only usefull Circle on My Way of Corsair is 1. Don’t get more Circles after that.

Hoplite+Cataphract
That combo will allow you to use Mounts, that will give you more HP (Pet Stats Pass to the Player). YOU NEED HOPLITE cause if you go into Cata, you can’t use Shield+Spear.

Rank 6 don’t bring any Tank/Usefull Class to My way… So you can choose anything that you want.

RANK 7:

Templar
The only usefull class that this rank brings. This class is praised as the main class to make guilds and have a little Buff Utility for the whole Guild.

========= Draknus - My Way =========

You wanna know what I choosed right? Well It was a simple my way.
Swordsmen > Peltasta 3 > Squire 2 > Templar

Yep, I’m a guild leader, thats WHY I’m making a templar.
But a little thing changed on my way, while I was Rank 5 (Squire Circle 1) one of my Guild Mates that was going to Corsair decided to don’t play it.
So I choose to bring more utility and versatility to my party mates and choose instead of going Squire 2, I made a Corsair 1 and worked really good, I lost some buffs but got others that I don’t regret.
Probaly my future will be Templar C3 and Rank 10 lets hope that was a good End-Game Tanker class.

========= Question Section =========

Space Holder for you little boys and girls to ask anything ABOUT TANK ROLE AND THINGS ABOUT MY WAY.
As I already said don’t ask things like: “Huh, I’ma MANKEY, I wanna do DPS with tanq bild” I’ll Ignore that type of things. Theres other topics for that.

========= Screen Shots, Videos and Collaboration of Players of My Way =========

Space Holder to link Screenshots or Videos from My Way that you guys are following and Guiding other ppl.

========= Test Area =========

Space Holder for us to test and talk about Mechanics that are confusing ppl.

========= Special Thanks =========

Just wanna to say Thank for you reading My Way, and thats IT.
NOW GET OUT THE FORUM, STOP BEING A FORUM PLAYER AND SHOW ME YOUR BLOODY SHIELD.

10 Likes

Its hard to solo until Peltasta C3, after it you can deal nice amount of dps with the ofencive skills, swordie has nice buffs and bleeding damage, the question is the rank 7, i don’t want be a guild master, i hate spears, and 2 handed swords dont have defense so i think, why not a allahu akbar ninja?

Hi, could you please make Class/Skill build on tosbase.com.
THANK!

Are you asking for DAMAGE???

1 Like

I could, but I wont.
If you read the guide you should know how to follow My Way.

Make you one, and bring here with your doubts.
Then I’ll show you My Way.

Nah, but the swordsman buffs are very useful.

And can have 2 Templar in same guild? The second one can use the skill?

If you build this you’ll go loss utility potential, the only real advantage of getting Swords Circle 2+ is the Pain Barrier, I don’t like the Restrain, theres a lot of other ways to bring CC to your build.

What you planning to do??? Cause I think thats not what i told on Full Tank My Way.

I have some feedback for you:

Formatting:

• No rest spots for my eyes, no header formatting
  • Looks like a huge gurgle of text melded into one, doesn’t flow at all

Content:

• The comedy value is a bit over the top and cringey
  • Putting across the message to just hold guard and do nothing is pretty lack-luster and bad advice in general
  • A lot of typos, content seems rushed and unpolished
  • Very one dimensional look on tanks without considering unique builds
  • “Huh, I’ma MANKEY, I wanna do DPS with tanq bild” I’ll Ignore that type of things. Theres other topics for that." = Bad attitude and not willing to explore other avenues to the tank meta

Overall pretty sloppy guide with not much thought put into it. Some information is good but becomes overshadowed by the presentation and arrogance of “MY WAY”.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Man I like your way. It’s really dedicated. Not like I would play it tho. So HARDCORE.

But my suggestion is to get at least just level 1 of Guardian once you become Peltasta just to proc the 18% evasion attribute. It’s really worth it. Less chance to get hit = less chance to lose armor durability = a little richer since fewer repairing required.

@vayu_ar
Having so low Evade I barely evaded the mobs.
BUT, as low level it can helps because probaly most ppl should use Cafrisun Set that is Leather Set (+Evade from Leather Set).

Its not so Hardcore at early game, you just need to invest in a good weapon and can easily level to 130+ solo. But its better to play with friends/randoms to get full potential of this type of build.

Need to test. As soon as I can I’ll add this question on the guide with the answer.

I THINK < That yes. but need real tests.

I like the cut of your jib. I’m going to try this out for my tanker girl.

1 Like

bro, if i go S>PeltastaC2>HopliteC2, what classes can you recommend to get in the next ranks? im gonna go with High Guard + Finestra for more blocking.

Great guide, thanks!
Could you explain, how to work skill “Langort” meybe do you have some videos?

Langort has 2 stages, first 1 is block instance you show a block animation (But it wont raise your block), after that go to second instance that is Attack where it does 3 hits of pierce type.

To the silence work you need block. After you block and hit you do silence to everyone that you hit.

What rank are you now?
Cause if you want to add hoplite to your build you should atleast do Sword > Peltasta 1 > Hoplite 1 > Peltasta 3 > whatever > whatever.

I don’t think that Finestra is that good, cause with full Con you already has a high block chance.
I know that for DPS is good cause of Crits but I “meh” to bruiser builds.

But if you already got Peltasta C2 > Hoplite C2 > Peltasta 3 if you doing full CON is good. The armor break skill + Higher Swash Buckler help a lot. :slight_smile:

I actually made a thread to ask some advices, what do you think of my need?
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/gonna-go-full-con-support-tank-need-help-ranks-after-peltasta/236433/3

Can you guys give me feedback in this build pls ? ty in advice :slight_smile:

You have friends, go FULL CON.
There’s some places where you can easily find random party (Demon Prison 2, Storage, Alemeth, and goes on…) to level without your friends.

About after Peltasta C3, I would recommend Squire C2 or C3. It gives a lot of sustain to your party, HP/SP, MaxHP/MaxSP, Repair and Weapon or Armor Buff.

I sent this image cause i saw ppl saying for you don’t rolling FULL CON, I’m leveling slowly cause I don’t grind, play Hardcore Mode or full time with a party. Most of time I’m solo and slowly doing quests.
Its viable, to level, but just slow. Keep Going for it.

When my friends log I go Dungeon with them and its really smoth and you can feel the tankiness and how hard its for the mobs kill you.

Keep Going.