Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Detailed Mechanics Overview

I think I found a mistake.
In section Armor Mastery, plate, 4 set, you can read +0.33 x STA, but I think you meant +0.33 x Lv = STA, where Lv its the plate armor mastery level.

Am I right?

By the way this is amazing, thank you so much vyne!!!

1 Like

Ver. 0.4.1 04/04/16

Not sure who did the mistake TOSbase or you

TOSbase is telling that Pass is a C3 skill

Also in the video from TOSbase Pass looks like a buff not placed on the ground… I have no idea how to get it with capture xD

If it is not difficult for you to answer I have some questions about Linker’s mechanics.
Linker’s skills
Spiritual Chain, Umbilical Cord, are they buffs or links?
can they be canseled by Unbind? can they be canseled by the opponent’s Unbind?
can you share Bokor’s C2 skill Mackangdal with Spiritual Chain?

Thanks to all people who worked on this GUIDE.

1 Like

GMs have tested in kTOS have clarified that it is possible.

@vyne_

Skill specific mechanics- Rogue further information you can add,
ktos had a gm magazine post a while back where they experimented with Rogue - Capture skill. It has some skills that aren’t listed with yours. ( merge possible ? :slight_smile: )

i translated the list here ( please ignore oracle tab for now, incomp ) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KiYi8LmhljhvByqzeAh2NhMWN9EFFmsi--WN2z5kwe8/edit#gid=0

official post : http://tos.nexon.com/community/gos/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=34

translated post: http://pastebin.com/AxUGGAAA

2 Likes

I was testing Awakening and this happened

following ur formula the max stat that this item can get is 45,696 HP but it has more than X2 HP

btw i m still looking for the answers for my previous questions… I still can not decide what to play next coz of them.

2 Likes

Thanks heaps for this one :smiley: I thought I had all the skills, didn’t realise I missed some.

Yep Gwenyth is correct, the Korean GMs tested it to show that this one works. Not sure how as I haven’t done it myself but I take their word for it.
You are also right in saying it should be a C3 skill, my mistake :slight_smile:

I just retested using unbind for an enemy’s Joint Penalty and it doesn’t work. So thanks for getting me to do that, I will change that info. Because of this I don’t think that Spiritual Chain and Umbilical Cord can be canceled with the enemy’s unbind (but they can be cancelled with your own).

Also nope, you can’t share Mackangdal with Spiritual Chain.

I just put the numbers in an you are right. The corresponding Lv is actually the level above the star grade (so 40, not 15), my mistake. Until I fix it up use this table for a reference :slight_smile: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ry-wk544z3NJ0RGjAUKzE_3BADKUzb3Us6JdlB73vAg/edit#gid=0

You’ve helped me a lot!

1 Like

Hey @vyne_ please you can send me formulas of magnum opus?
please <3

1 Like

This guide is really useful, thank you for your good work :heart_eyes:

Please send the magnum opus list to me too if you can @vyne_ !

Thank you so much in advance :smile_cat:

1 Like

hi @vyne_, I would like to ask how accurate are the stats for the summons of the sorcerer or how are they calculated. I put in some level 1 cards on my grimoire, and their stats are way above compared to the one in the document.

example. Unknocker (60,127,51,34,8) on grimoire
Unknocker (7,7,6,4,1) on the document.

Additional question: Does the stats in anyway contribute to the physical/magic damage of the monster? I see little difference in terms of damage across other demons. Would like to know your take on that. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey, both of your questions are answered in the text (the section is a bit wordy though, sorry). For the first question, the stats shown are the stat rates for those summons, not the actual stats which will change depending on the summon’s level. You can see with your Unknocker stats that they are a ratio to the document stats.

Rounding down:
(7, 7, 6, 4, 1) x 8.6 = (60, 60, 51, 34, 8)
CON is a bit different because the summons have a base HP in addition to their HP gain.

So what this means is that a monster with a higher DEX rate, like Templeshooter, will get more and more DEX every level compared to summons with less DEX (which is why Templeshooter crits so often).

For the second question, nope the stats don’t contribute to the damage of the summon. Only your INT and the star level of the summon do. This could be a change that IMC can make to make summons a little bit stronger/varied :slight_smile:

@vyne_

Thanks so much for answering my questions!

By the way, I am looking at the Morph skill and was wondering if you did any testing on this? Like is it worth it to get another monster with high physical damage and level it to 10 stars then morph to a templeshooter?

Do you have info on physical damage of the bosses?

Thank you!

Every time I try to DL it says DL was damaged? Was there a bad upload or is it an issue on my end?

My friends and I have the same issue. I want to see this guide very much, can someone post it again, please? Thanks :grin:

I will reupload it soon :slight_smile: Github hasn’t worked out well for hosting a pdf, I think it is just a bit too big.

Oh hmm, on another note if you DL the entire zip the DL works fine, it’s just the single file pull that doesn’t.

Yes, it worked! Thanks for the advice.

I pm’d you the latex source and sample pdf of a transcribed version of that awakening table. Feel free to include it in the main doc.

Hey i’d like the full list for magnum opus, would it be possible for you to send it to me? :slight_smile: Thanks for your hard work

Well, a few days ago I’ve asked Vyne’s permission to translate his guide for portuguese for those that may doesn’t to read so well in english. Personally I’ve just love this guide, so I did it, and the translation has been finished, for those who want to dowload the guide in portuguese, follow the link:

Anyway, thanks again Vyne for this great job.

2 Likes

Hi, I have a mechanic question regarding status effects. Rune Casters have the ability to give their party status effect prevention with the spell, Rune of Protection. "[Magic]Increases the chance of resistance of you and your party member against status ailments."

However, it is not clear on the website or in the guide what level status effects it prevents. Since it is not specified, can it prevent level 10 debuffs? Can it prevent debuffs not normally preventable or removeable (i.e. Raise, Lethargy)?

Hi @vyne_! any updates on this pdf document? Thanks