Tree of Savior Forum

Guess what? Prepare your brain for a server wipe

I’m absolutly going to steal and use this video for myself xD

You never saw Army Of Darkness?

absolutly! …not

/20characters

and pay for my clothes!! [blush]

I’m in favor of a wipe at this point - I’d lose a level 200ish necro, so my money is definitely where my mouth is - assuming they would re-launch with adequate anti-bot countermeasures. We’re already well into economic apocalypse and it has been mere weeks.

1 Like

Here.

Confirmed suicide on their end if they ever did that.Do you know how many people [myself included] would demand a refund? They’d be done for.

On what legal grounds could you ask for a refund?

They said…

1. Is the DLC refundable? How do I get my refund?
    -You can refund your DLC through Steam customer support, but you won’t be eligible for a refund if you have taken the bonus items from the pack. Please contact Steam customer support for their refund policy on our DLC product.

If you did that you’re screwed.

The sheer stupidity of this thread…

But they also said,as mentioned above,that no wipe would occur.So I would expect to be able to play the game without losing my work and progress,for any reason.Doing so is going back on their word,and the sheer number of people that would be unhappy and demanding it would put them in quite the position.I don’t think it would matter much after that.

Maybe people should start reading the refund polices on Steam before buying stuff. Just because you’re angry about a server wipe doesn’t mean you automatically get a refund back. It says ‘‘If you took bonus items you will not get a refund’’ basically that means you’re screwed no matter what they decide if you did that. Saying ‘‘Gimme a refund I’m mad’’ doesn’t automatically entitle you to one.

Enough complaints to steam would probably see all the refunds happen.

Anyway, no wipe is going to happen. They’d get sued IRL since they’re in the USA.

Also User Agreements/EULA and all the shenanigans we click “okay” to on software and such have no legal weight.

1 Like

Nailed it. Once you click agree you’re boned…

they have no legal weight… what part of that do you not understand? Please get educated

Then type in correct sentences so I can understand you.

How much clearer can that statement they made be? If you took bonus items you will not get a refund. Let’s say for example 300 players demand a refund at the same time. How long do you think it will take to get said refund? If there is a sudden influx of 300 players demanding refunds at the same time Steam will not just say ‘‘Ok, give it to them’’ they will stop and hold those refunds and review every single case.

And guess what? The company can contest your refund as well. What happens then if they contest your refund? Then what will you do?

You just don’t ask for a refund and automatically get it. That’s not how that process works at all.

All the company has to say to Steam is ‘‘We told them if they took bonus items they would not get a refund. They agreed when they clicked ‘‘Agree’’ on our statement’’ and then your refund complaint is over at that moment.

I agree with Ridley. He has much more experience in game than I do so his opinion is actually more valid than my own. Let’s think about this with logic and intelligence and not personal feelings of how you feel about the game. What do you think would happen Ridley if they did a server wipe? How would the player base react? From what I hear there are only a few good players anyways and the rest are bots or gold sellers so who in the end would care? Maybe 20 people? 30?

I mean logically if there are only even 50 good players given refunds do you think 50 players would actually break their wallet if they gave you a refund? They would do the server wipe, give 50 players refunds and still move forward with the game with or without you playing. In the end I’m still going to be spending probably hundreds of dollars on this game in the long run so it more than makes up for the refunds if they did a server wipe. I’m not bragging but I spent $7,000 on a game within 10 years so do you think your measly $50 refund matters considering all the money they will make after a fresh start? Ha!

This game actually has a thriving community. There are easily tens of thousands of individual, real players on Klaipeda alone. All of them trying to play at once was what led to the insane queues I’m sure you saw 424299 angry threads regarding.

People love ToS in spite of its horrific flaws, myself included, because the game is fun - if you’re into grindy games, this is easily one of the best in sheer fun factor.

I can’t rightly predict how everyone would react. I have no doubt most of my peers who have invested a similar amount of of time into the game would think my acceptance or even desire for a wipe to be extreme. If I had to guess how many real players a wipe would shed permanently, I’d say at least five thousand. I can’t imagine a refund on that scale.

I hate bots and RMT a lot more than your average player. That’s a quirk of mine.

1 Like

Someone is salty for not playing yet or are you just trolling?

Flagged for spam. and stupidy