Tree of Savior Forum

Going full con, overpowered?

mostly nerfed the cc duration for pvp still a very good pvp class but not unbeatable now.

Key word KTOS

You do know it’ll eventually get here right?

few days ago there was a Stupid full con wiz at 200 DG acting like a tank too. Then cursed at the healers everytime he dies. Eventually rage quit-ed.
Does that mean all wizards are garbage?

Just because there are noob tankers out there doesnt mean all swordies are garbage.

Just right now a dragoon tanked everything in 200 dun w/o a healer. But even then, All 3 wizzies in my party died due to over aggressiveness. But that doesnt mean all wizzies are stupid.

I would believe that would mean the Dragoon actually did not tank anything, or tank anything well anyhow. He probably did not need the heals because he did not carry aggro after swashbuckler-pulling. And by wizard ‘over aggressiveness’ you probably mean ‘cast Frost Cloud once’, which pulled aggro from tank who could not actually tank.

No. He was pelt2. Was spamming Swash. I was pretty contented shooting arrows at the back.I dont however, for the life of me, understand how 200+ wizzies don’t invest in SP pots. I mean, for the love of God, if you don’t have SP, stop being over aggressive. Simple as that.

Them wizs dont understand that Swash has a CD and it was now wasted away by provoking mobs that are chasing the wizzies, rather than luring.

One wiz dies 3x, cursed at us and left. Felt sorry for the dragoon, he tried his best to save them tards. But cant cure stupid.

Yea, like a year later. We haven’t even gotten some of the basic kToS patches that they’d already implemented like a month ago. iToS gets DIFFERENT patches and at different times. I’m sure we won’t see any class balancing patches for at least another month or two and even then we’re still more than 3-6 months behind kToS.

Meh the running/kneeling shot patch came pretty quick.

And there is no real pvp yet. for now, dispellers work on duels right?

:laughing:

don’t worry with your build (and unless you get wiz3) that statement’s going to be short-lived.

and btw, you’re still paper, albeit a bit thicker than usual

Are there any patches for SPR?

Can you one shot everything with frost cloud at level 260 map? That’s the difference between int and con orientated Warlock.

I’m more amazed why are you guys not rushing dungeon 200 instead. Rushing it and grind somewhere else give more exp.

we can hope. We don’t know that it will. So far the only balance changes we have received don’t exist on Ktos. And they were all awful changes.

oh plz ,you will also can be one shooted -.-

one of the mighty skill in warlock arsenal is dark theurge that require you to get close
Warlock is not some rear guard Glass Cannon mage, Its a front line mages that need to be able to take hits.

I only have 60 magic atk difrence with Animus, after reset for geting more CON - (less 60 magic atk trade for 10k more HP - excelent choice in my oppinion)
anyway If thats what how you like to play your mages, I wont critizied you.

If like to rely on teammates more its your choice, I preffer more frontline anyway

How do you even get one shot unless you actually fked up?

You are a Warlock, range attack barely hit you, melee attack or ground aoe attack can be avoided with your control. INT orientated ele 3 Warlock is probably the best solo class after alemeth except against flying mobs.

A full INT ele 3 Warlock can even solo in Maven Abby without problem, while under attack by a few other players due to GvG.

You must be wrong in your calculation, or just lying about Animus. Full CON wizard and Full Int wizard has around 470 matk difference at level 280. That translate to at least 1k per tick for frost cloud.

Im not saying Full CON.
I am Saying More CON ORIENTED BUILD - dont spin my words, check post on top thx

From 4 : 1 (not Glassy Cannon ratio enough ?) to around 1.5 : 1 INT : CON

here is my stats screenshoot if you wonder if I make things up : http://puu.sh/peQxN/5303a3341c.jpg

Ok, that’s valid. May I know what’s your level (I can’t really determine from that image because of lack of equipment detail)?

But again, what are you going to do with those HP? I don’t ever see myself getting more than 1 hit unless I fked up really badly post rank 7, and I’m actually fighting in front line because I solo most of the time due to being lazy to find party and having more freedom to move around.

The only reason I can think of for more HP is to fight another ele 3 Warlock in PvP or to give more tolerance for mistake.

Edit: Now i understand why the magic attack difference is small. 4:1 Int to con isn’t really a glass cannon build. You need at least 5:1 to full INT for the matk difference to be significant. INT scale really greatly if you focus on it.

I’m assuming your level is around 246. That’s a 100 matk difference compared to 50 invested CON, and 200 matk difference compared to full INT. I have taken animus into account.

Alright, I played cryo3kino3 so let me provide some inputs based from my class’ perspective:

• I was doing 3:1 con:int while I’m leveling til 280.
  • Decent HP is enough for PVE, you don’t really need to overkill it by going full con. Matk / int bonuses still helps [Gravity Pole] damage.
  • I didn’t went full con until I got my animus and I’ve been using using [Max Petamion] for a while but the simplest summary that I can think of is:

Damage wise:
3:1 con:int w/o animus = full con w/ animus.

I decided to finally go full con upon obtaining animus, and I notice that my damage just kinda reverted back to what it was when I still didn’t have my animus. I gained like 13k hp though upon going full con(GVG purposes).

Here are my current stats right now, please take note that I’m in the process of min-maxing and these are not high-end:

Defensive:

Offensive:

Distribution:

CON is a strong stat point because of its benefits:

• Raw crit resistance increase
  • HP increase
  • HP Recovery for animus.
  • More pots to carry / dispellers

I personally wouldn’t mind trading some of my damage for it.

Post nerf talks:
Currently, I do 33k damage on non mdef characters using [Gravity Pole] and with nerf It will be dropped to like 8k’ish. The nerf is only applied for Team battle league and GVG, and that would mean that you’ll always have your teammates. I personally still find 10 sec CC w/ with bonus damage to be a high tier maneuver and that we will need to rely more on our teammates to wipe enemy teams since we can’t solo wipe with [Gravity Pole] anymore. Some also forgets the existence of [Psychic Pressure].

We can still bully during open world skirmishes though since our pole will do max damage there ( until further notice).

Well, cryo 3 kino 3 is more suitable for high to full CON build, that I agree with. Mainly because gravity pole has a 900 base damage compared to frost cloud’s 600 base damage, and you are able to hold your enemy inside gravity pole while casting it.

Full or high CON ele 3 generally have problem with dealing damage during PvP/GvG against high mdef enemy. Warlock itself has no problem going Full CON due to high base damage, but I felt that it’s better to go more pvp orientated build if you are going for full CON instead of ele 3.

Nah my gear were nothing special, just avarage joe
Knight plate set, 2 wizard bracelet and so on. the only expensive item in my arsenal were Animus , and the hefty block and moderate level of def were provided by Otrava.

As you can see, Losing INT that much doesnt impair that much damage.
If you asking what you can do with that much of Extra HP and Def. the answer were a LOT

you can play aggresive, you deal more consistent DPS since you are not running and dodging hits to much, you can confidently cast spell in midle of enemy like they are just toder armed with toothpicks, you are no depend on Teamates to babysit, you can do any Rush without healer. you can survive unlucky 4 times in the row disabled / frozen and gank up by monster, you not exploded in pvp, you lag-moving validation error and you only recive a scrach.

5:1 ratio, are you even Playing with that build ? dont just theory crafting.
Like I said, I switching by myself and IMO High CON is better through 1st hand Experience

kinda curious but how do you guys make it through the early game with no SPR? being limited to single-target atks with slow atk speed and low SP for spells kinda hurts a bit.

Also I think INT gives more benefits to multi-hit and DoT skills as additional hits will multiply the usefulness of int, similar to how Krivis(cleric class) has Zaibas and Cure, adding more hits per skill lvl that each deal a base damage PLUS int PER hit.

I think the main issue with stats is that the gains per point in each stat are standardized and equal to all classes and also that all classes can wear all armor types. WHY does a mage class gain the same hp and hp regen as a melee class per point in con? especially when mages will usually have higher base damage on skills because they rely more on spells? The only real saving grace for swords I currently see is that their basic attacks have built-in aoe and can hit multiple mobs without the cost of SP and also pelt/rodelero skills that assist in the tanking role, otherwise without swashbuckle it’s a random skillspam clown fiesta where it’s possible for mobs to atk different party members and spread out, which you don’t want since most skills and damage will be AOE and DoT for clearing.

The only real reason a mage SHOULD have to go with a high con build IMO is to make more of a heavy CC/support build where damage won’t be their main goal, staying alive and annoying the unholy living crap out of whoever the enemy is (both pvp and pve scenarios)