Tree of Savior Forum

Going full con, overpowered?

So i just made a wizard. At the moment I’m level 156 cryo/kino and holy crap this class is literally the epiphany of overpowered. So much damage and the CC is literally out of this world. Not to mention I’m OVERPOWERED in PvE and PvP (luls).

And to top it all off…I can just build CON. And have more damage at the same time having MORE damage/utility/cc than swordy classes. This class is so easy I’m actually laughing at all the swordy mains (me being one) for being so dumb and rolling swordies in the first place. Why be a swordy when you can be a mage and do everything (including tank, yes you heard me) better?

EDIT: I am now level 272. Going full cryokino and full CON is the easiest thing in this game. I beat 99% of every swordsman out there in duels.If you’re on klaipeda and a swordy I challenge you to 1v1 duel me (if you think you can beat me).

6 Likes

There are patches that fix all this on Ktos. We have yet to receive them.

that’s why this game sucks at class balance
cleric and wizard with CON build always better than archer and swordman in pvp
for pve you still need an amount of INT to do better dps

No you cant Tank even on Full Con specially dungeon and the damage are not that great unless you go for some int for Icewall+Psychic Pressure. Yeah you can tank regular mobs on field but on dungeon you can only take damage for several hit but you cant tank like Con type Pelt.

Glad your enjoying ur build…

Just make sure not to create a thread complaining about the incoming nerf though once they decide to patch to kToS changes XD

1 Like

Haha
The problem were status attributes scaled linnearly.
this coupled with How damage is calculated
make boosting Atk via status have less impact, then other means or games.

Con simply most supperior stats.

and you can boost atk with attributes, so why people still trying build glass cannon is astonishing to say at least (this applied to all class - not just wizard)

Not to mention that only a handful of skill actually get affected by stats.
Pretty much only Reflect Shield has SPR in the equation.
Unlike Cleric class, what stat you put affect your skills.

Full Con? Full Int? Full Str? you pretty much do fairly same, especially when you play support.

more or less

+1 INT give = 1 damage
ONE !

while leveling your attribute give you 1%
ONE PERCENT !

ok ehem

very linear indeed.
compared to RO, which every point INT give 1,5% MATCK or the equivalent STR which gave 0.5% weapon atk multiplier

That just give better formula on how the stats actualy affect character growth.
since its multiplicative therefore every level give higher sense of progression, since you can see that your character become exponantialy more powerfull

On the other hand, on ToS, you can actualy fight higher level monster
since the diffrence of 10 level or 20 level diffrence were not much.
but There is severe penalty if you do that, so you can get 1 KO-ed by monster. you can feel the diffrence on fedimian mission naturaly.

IMO, that just feel so fake
since you you dont actualy become imansely powerfull after hardworking grind to get 10 more level. (which have more impact if you have high level)
it just because the penalty were reduced, but in reality you just slightly stronger (+10 or a bit more atk horray)

its like IMC saying, ok you now can kill this mobs because you level up. instead of I can finaly slain this thing because your character is growing

Exactly. One int = 1 damage is so palpable I’d rather take con build. And yes, I do tank better than our peltista swordy tanks. When I was level 50 I had more hp than EVERY swordsman. At 156 I still have more hp than 95% of swordies I see in dungeon. This is laughable. On top of it all I do more damage than ANY swordy class. Give me hop, give me barb, I’ll out-dps them in every mob and boss encounter. It’s ridiculous but I’m guessing this games too hard to balance at this point.

Just because your hp is higher does not mean your effective hp is higher. But yes mages tend to have lots of con.

You are forgetting about the rank bonus and stat bonus for int investment.

A full int can have at least 500 matk more than a full con build, and that’s around 1.1k dmg extra per tick on quick cast and 50% attribute.

Considering how you don’t really do high dmg per tick in pvp, this boost is actually very significant.

each level of skill attribute gives 1% of (skill atk + character’s mAtk)

Character’s mAtk consists of: character’s INT + mAtk from equipment + mAtk for levels

Characters get 10% of (base) STR and INT per rank starting with 2nd. +60% at rank 7

Started with 246+ level maps I found out that my dps is not high enough to kill mobs with one single spell (frost cloud/dark theurge), that’s with almost full int (it’s close to 500 now), +8 ignition, venom/karacha (depends on mob type) and 3x hats with 60+ damage on each. And due to very long spell cooldown if you can’t kill something with one spell means you are screwed. I think with full con it would be much harder and much longer to kill anything. And my 1400HP is just enough for comfortable play.

What’s the plan against dispellers?

Dispel scrolls don’t work in team pvp battles nor rank battles.

Good luck.

In terms of counters to cyromancers, they got nerfed pretty good in kToS but they are still strong.

So you laugh in lv 156?
Lol, your are in early level any dumb can tank anything until 200.
Get a real level(not a dumb) and come here tell us.

So you laugh in lv 156?
Lol, your are in early level any dumb can tank anything until 200.
Get a real level(not a dumb) and come here tell us.

I laugh because every single level step of the way I’ve been tanking more damage than my swordy and at the same time doing more damage. And hey, I have a level 246 swordsman and guess what, wizards of every class and archers out-dps me while at the same time having same hp as me. Don’t call that OP? Get your facts straight before you come in here you troll.

In addition to more damage, I also have more CC than a swordy will ever have. That means I’m 100x more useful in PvP and PvE. Roll a swordy and try going pvp and see how far you get, then come back to this thread and tell us.

There’s a reason why psychokinos are one of the top class end game pvp and cryochronos are OP pvp and pve.

And no, not everyone can tank anything until 200. Try rolling an archer and see if you can tank mission/dungeon bosses. Now, try rolling a pure CON wizard class and see how much better u are at tanking than swordies. In fact, the only thing swordies have going for them is swashbuckle. That’s it. No damage, no cc, no nothing.

I agree time to reroll one myself.

I don’t know how was swordsman you played with.
I’ve rerolled 4 swordsman at now only testing mechanics and in all my dungeons runs 90% of swordsmans are dumb and really don’t know what they do and in the end of dungeon they say: Sorry I’m lagging too much.

All my dungeons I tank with no problems. The big problem I saw: Swordsman use swashbuckle and hold C nothing more. They don’t know how to keep aggro. I’ve rerolled to a highlander now and missing peltasta in my tree I still tank much better than many peltastas. On boss I spam some skills until boss hp reach 75% after that I “sit” in some place and my teammates kill him. And the funny part: boss keeping aggro on me.

Edit: I’m trying to figure out how you can tank anything in dungeon since you can’t keep aggro with low damage. Cryokino has a huge source of cc, but without that you are only a sandbag mobs don’t care.

1 Like

I agree most warriors doesnt know how to play their class… Plenty of times in dg a Pelt doesnt use SB all he does is normal hit/skill to get the 1st aggro and use C…