Tree of Savior Forum

Going full con, overpowered?

Yes I find it difficult sometimes and I have peltasta in my build. Tanking i usually run up dps a few skills and SB. When the rotation comes up I repeat. Knowing your bosses attacks you can dps enough to hold agro. However certain bosses will change their attack pattern due to health and then sometimes you just can’t and being knocked around and your stationary dps losing out is not worth getting a few hits in. It looks like I am being a mook but hey its about the team not how you look. :smiley: As for the normal mobs in the dungeon. You try and do the same but hopefully you kill everything before you need to hold agro

Wizards having more CC and damage than a swordsman is a classic role relation in RPGs.

Wizards = more CC, more damage but also more fragile than swordis
Swordsmen = less damage than wizards, but more tanky.and holds aggro more easily.

What would be the point of wizards existing if swordsmen had the same amount of damage as wizards, are equally good as wizards for CCing AND have superior hp and aggro abiliies?

What does these patches do?

I understand, BUT HERE WIZZARD FULLCON GOT 47K Hp

Con need nerf, because Block is strong, i got a burst damage class, is impossible hit fullcon, Alots of block, With aias, Mage and cleric fullcon is god

at balance, if u go dex, u lost Hp for dodge, but if u go con, u got block and HP, my friend lvl 260 cryokino fullcon got 600block+ and impossible to hit

You people do know Devs are constantly updating patches to balance the game right? If Wizzies become too strong they’re just gonna nerf it or if swordies are the weakest class (in general), they’re gonna update it.

For example: new patch from kTOS

[Swordsman Classes in General]
- Whilst sprinting, you now also gain a 30% Resistance to negative status ailments.
- The Attack Power gained from the STR stat will be increased by 30%

STOP: This is just an example. Not saying this is an OP upgrade. Just a generic update I found.

All Im saying is that a build that took alot of time and effort can be wiped out with just a single patch. kTOS has a long history of nerfing OP builds.

Basically, players tend to find ways to be OP on a game designed to be balanced, Devs nerfs it. It’s just a game of cat and mouse.

dont think that is that bad of a nerf since this one still exist

2 Likes

The rank bonus were diffrent altogether than status progression.

It just makes Job level and Rank more Important than Level
The Job level and rank is the one that makes you stronger

while the Basic Level rather than give more costumization option just treated as “unlocker of some sort” that give you permission to kill higher level monster and equiping higher tier gears

Nah the Natural Status progresion were insignificant and neglihible compared to boost Attributes level give.
or when you achive a rank

I already tried saving Status point for 20 level.
ever since lv 210

then Level it up all together.
Facing the same mosnter, then you boost 20 level worth of status
I got almost 40 INT point in total, that supposed to make great diffrence is that not ??
but quest what
There is so Little Diffrence, you will hardly notice

yeah you get like 100 damage+ increase with every tick of Frost Cloud, that already deal 3k per hit.
compared to If you just level attributes, which the Damage boost is very Noticable everytime you level it up
If you think the scalling status gives is Great enough scalling, then Sir - I beg to differ :slight_smile:

At low level yes it makes Diffrence.
At high level, No its not.
The mosnter stats outscale your stats growth, then you will feel that the leveling status points at higher level simply less noticable, less impactfull and less important as your character level up.

compared to, Attributes, Gears or +1 level on your skills

try to think abut this
Since the stats Multiplier works the same for all stats
every point in CON give you 85 HP
Every INT gvie you 1 damage

If we just talking about stats factor alone
that means there is 85 Factor Diffrence betwen both stats.
roughly you need 20 more more INT to neutralize 1 single point of CON your opponent have. (and that already generous since it also include multipliers and such)
How that is not a supperior stats LOL

Compared to RO like I mention before
that VIT give 1% of max HP and INT give 1,5% of MATCK
those 2 were in more equal footing betwen another. from low level to high level since its percentage scalling

Hi!

Could you show me your skill build?

Thanks!

Ice shards damage are reduced by 50%. Freeze chance in general are also reduced by 50%. Just for PVP. No changes in PVE IIRC.

animus increase magic amp from hp recovery , Meat Canon wizard build everywhere

Vit gave 1% of unmodified base hp
Int and str got increasingly stronger with each point

Skills always had scaling
Weapons had scaling
Cards gave scaling

1 str was 1 damage added to weapon
100 str was 200 damage added to weapon
1 int was 1 matk added
100 int was between something like 250 to 500

150 dex was 375 damage bonus with ranged

Comp bow was roughly 20 damage = 400
Correct cards made that 800
Double strafe made that 3200
And element 6400 damage * 3 per second on generic agi/dex hunters

Compared to 1 dex 320 damage :wink:

Heck, my level 70 knight got 100% of amon ea mvps no matter the comp cause pierce was outright op

You shouldn’t compare TOS stats to ROs stats.
In RO you could spam potions and had %-based reduction on equipment, therefore it was neccessary for offensive stats to be more efficient.
In TOS you have cooldowns on potions and heals and no %-based damage reduction, having the same offensive stat scaling as ROs would be OP in pvp.

Sorry but it’s a pvp build. It’s garbage in PvE, especially against bosses. Get to 200+ and compare your damage to proper PvE mages like INT based wi3/ele3 or pyro2/ele3.

He can because most player can’t dish out damage even with a dps class.

I’m playing a new 1:2 con spr paladin and somehow I’m still keeping aggro on mission boss most of the time, because most player is just inefficient at keeping damage up.

Nah, I Just point out the problem with the
UnEqual stats Usefullness in this game. Some stats are just ridiculusly better. and there is no scalling whatsoever on higher level

how Stats were More matter ad impactfull in building your character as usua RPG were not the case, its feel insignificant as you progress further

in TOS the scale were Linear, and it become less impactfull the more you level up.

You feel more strong leveling up stats at lv 20 to 40. but at lv 220 to 240 the diffrence become less amd less significant.
You dont feel the character grow stronger after much much longer time you spend on grind.

I just feel, unlike RO. when your hard long grind were rewarded with your character exponantialy stronger and you can fight stronger adverseries.
In this game you dont get Ridiculusly Stronger after 20 level, just slightly stronger, and the game finaly give you license to kill (or not to get killed easly) by mobs

oh yeah, I got Ele3-Warlock with 400 INT before restats to more CON oriented.
you canget Animus and then your Damage problem Dissapear
the damage diffrence were not that great. your skill still deal huge damage. since attributes and base skill damage have unproportional portion in calculating damage.
Item were more matter than Stats afterall.
just get the best stats, and let the item do the rest - seems to be the game philosophy

If you just try both then you can have first person experience.
not just, I see those build like that etc etc

Just saying my oppinion, as someone who already spend reset stats potion lol
I have tried both Build and IMO INT is the most less usefull stats compared to other.

I just got into a group with a swordy that all he did was press taunt (swashbuckle) and then pressed “c”.

Really? This isn’t the first time. He has less hp than me (lol) and thats all they ever do. Swordies are such a garbage class.

On a more related note I notice I have more HP than say, 85% of the swordies I’ve come across. The ONLY time swordies have more hp than me is if they went FULL CON pelt 3-squire builds. While at the same time doing more damage and providing more to the team.

This is the point. 90% of them don’t know what and how to tank.

Having more hp don’t means you’re a tank. Since mobs don’t have a fck to sandbags they go after who has the bigger aggro.
Your build is suited for pvp, but in pve concept your build brings only cc for your team and nothing more. You will notice that in high level content when you will party with high dps wiz and archers.

Full con pel/squire is a ET build. For me is a time wasted.
WTH will you put lolopanther in a pel3/squire3?
We don’t know if cristals got in ET goes on team storeage. If not, pelt/squire will only equip your teammates and he will self fck.