Tree of Savior Forum

Goduma issues (Useless)

Hello, I don’t know if the Goduma effect is broken or the description is incredibly bad, but I think (at the very least) all pamokas should be returned to those who chose this useless effect.

1. In the effect description (and patch notes) it says:

“1% damage reduction every 0.5% for 20 sec duration.”

This besides being vague opens discussion for the question: 1% more damage reduction or less damage reduction? (STRONGER WITH TIME OR WEAKER WITH TIME?)

1. In the description it says “Damage reduction effect on allyes in proportion to caster’s max HP” but in reality the effect does not work with any buff that boosts the HP (not even Ein sof or squire food).

What is the reason to cut the effect to a maximum of 60% and it is necessary to have 400k of HP (No buffs) for this? Its insane.

In my case, I have all the possible items to increase my hp (Double Ichor, Con status, Awakiening, Cards, etc.) and yet I don’t get close enough to get 40% damage reduction. Concluding that it is practically impossible to be able to use this Goduma bonus set because it is unfeasible. I already sent a ticket and I got automatic answer.

Please fix the effect or return the pamokas to those who spent time and money on this useless effect.

Video using Goduma:

@STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Yuri @William121213513513 @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines

2 Likes

wtf
Have to return the pamokas being bug or not. The description is wrong. lol

Welcome to Shield Charger thing where they translate to “Max health” while in reality is “Base Health”.

wtf was that ?! Did you put the wrong description in the game and in the patch notes or its a bug?
The least you can do is return the pamokas to ALL players who were tricked into making this garbage set
@GM_Francis

LOL WTF. Imagine you do this hard dungeon many times and receive a Set Effect with a mistranslation/misunderstanding.

The description is horrible as fck. Localization Team? Where?

@GM_Francis @STAFF_Yuri @William121213513513 @STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines

PLEASE READ THIS
It’s unbelievable to think that the main end-game enchant for an entire class is that bugged
FIX THIS ASAP OR COMPENSATE THE PLAYERS WHO WERE MISSLED BY YOUR CRAPPY TRANSLATIONS GIVING THEM BACK THE PAMOKAS AND EVERTHING ELSE THAT WAS SPENT

Hey @GM_Francis @STAFF_Yuri @William121213513513 @STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines fix it or returning the pamokas please.

The skill isn’t broken, nor is the skill description incorrect.

Applies a buff to self and party members nearby that reduces the damage received in amounts proportionate to the caster’s maximum HP. The amount of damage reduced decreases by 1% every 0.5 seconds and the buff is removed when either the duration is over or the damage reduction reaches 0%.

This is the exact description in game, as you yourself linked, and the description clearly states the effect. You are right that the set bonus description could be more verbose on how the reduction decreases over time, and this will be fixed, but every other part is accurate.

For the formula of how the skill functions, please refer to my post:

The in game description is missing the exact specifics of how much damage is reduced and how much it scales with HP (for effects other than the passive), but not all information is always in game. These exact specifics are not in the KR description either. The description is accurate for what it does. You also don’t need to have the maximum amount of HP (or the maximum effect) for it to be useful.

It is not a bug.

It is based on max HP, not base HP. In the video, the player has 166554 maximum HP. You can plug this into the formula:

damageReduction = 166554 / (420 * 2000) * 100%

…and it returns 19.83%. As you can see in the video, the player receives 19 stacks of Goduma which fade every 0.5 seconds, which means he got exactly 19% damage reduction as he should. The in-game description also shows the 19% on the tooltip of the skill, as your screenshot shows.

Now, you seem to be under the assumption that buffs that increase maximum HP would also influence the effect of this bonus, but effects from buffs are not factored into effects like this. There is a history of this being the case (such as Glass Mole and Chapparition cards not increasing the bonus attack granted from swell buffs, as one example) and even if you weren’t aware, it would be ambiguous. Having skill effects such as this scale off of the effects of other temporary buffs is a danger due to the potential of having effects loop and repeat themselves. “Base HP” would be referring to the amount you have with zero bonuses at all, but it definitely does factor in things like equipment and CON stat investment; it simply does not function with buffs such as salad and Ein Sof. It could have functioned with these buffs, you’re right, but there is equal evidence to say that it won’t, and there’s always the potential of IMC changing this effect in the future so that it does.

Because there are no bugs, I highly doubt they would refund anyone for using this set effect. As I previously stated, I will fix the set bonus description (as I assist IMC with game localization and can do that) to mention that the 1% damage reduction is a decrease every 0.5 seconds, but there is nothing else to change. I’m sorry that you were disappointed with the potency of the effect, and for the confusion in the set bonus description.

2 Likes

That don’t take away the felling of hard to stack, because i think at best players are getting at most 300k max health with no buffs… Thats still a LOT. I m more than half full equipped and i m getting 150k max health… And the reduction you get from goduma is kinda low considering that.

Well that would be more of a balance concern, in which case, a suggestion to improve it is certainly on the table, but disliking the potency of an effect certainly doesn’t justify a refund or cause the skill to be “bugged.” :distinguished:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.