Tree of Savior Forum

GODLY patch in ktos this week hype

1 Like

Thats what IMC policy has been about for a year now.

With Gems/Cards becoming untradeable via team storage, I can add another reason to the “never return to TOS” list.

huehuehue

6 Likes

On old bad/good times of Mu online, upgrade a set to +15 ( 80% chance at +10, 75+11, 70+12,65+13,60+14,50+15). and if fail item get DELETED. and maybe item is excellent with good stats that drop in a invasion every x hour, and drop is determinated by RNG number).

Well make a set+15 on that MMO, even if painfull, was a way more easy than make only 1 single item +10 transcedence here…

I’m ok with korean farms and insane RNG.

That transcendence sys is really too much for any korean MMO.

Seem ppl don’t notice the amount of time needed to upgrade 4 set + 3 accessory + weapon total of 8 items at +550% (also +15/20 RNG)

how can you all be ok with that?

3 Likes
  1. Trade Policy Changes

Item circulation was an area we felt was still not running as smoothly as it should be, considering the difficulties posed by trading restrictions and regulations. With this in mind, we wanted to standardize our item trade policies in a way that would make it easier for players to assess the degree of tradability of the game’s different items.

Below are the new policies we have planned, organized according to degree of tradability:

1. Items untradeable by any means (Team Storage NO, Market NO, 1:1 NO)
  • Items obtained under circumstances specific to a character (collections, cubes, Earth Tower rewards, etc.)
  • Transcended equipment items
  • Items that became untradeable after a 1:1 trade with one or more non-Token users
  • Items with time limits (expiration dates)
  1. Items which CAN be moved via Team Storage but NOT traded in the Market or on 1:1
  • Exchange medals
  • All other items that don’t fall under the “tradable by all means” category
  1. Items which CAN be sold at the Market but NOT moved via Team Storage or traded 1:1
  • Tokens
  1. Items tradable by all means (Team Storage YES, Market YES, 1:1 YES)
  • Items obtained through regular gameplay, not dependent on character-specific conditions (gems, recipes, monster cards, etc.)
  • Premium costumes
  • Enchantment scrolls
  • Emoticon packages
  • Items obtained from premium cubes

So shards can still be transferred via team storage right?

Why is anyone still playing this garbage? Your entire fkng life becomes running Saalus on 18 different alts to keep up with the Transcendence Lv 45768907654 system to stay competitive with the Kiritos of the world buying 100 shards a day on facebook.

Cut your losses people, this is from someone who sank over 3,500 hours into this mess, walk away. ANY game you previously played will seem 10000000x better after spending an extended amount of time on Tree of Failure.

12 Likes

Git gud. 36 alts to feed your main is the minimum amount you need now.

1 Like

You talk about it being a time waste.

Yet here you are.

On a forum. For the game you hate, and is such a waste of time…

7 Likes

Why not just let people use their time as they please. I don’t see why you’re so concerned with someone enjoying some aspects of the game enough to keep playing.

As far as I have tried other games in the past few months they were just as I remembered them to be, apart from slight possible changes due to updates. Didn’t feel any better.

I like how you try to talk as if you know better due to the hours you sank in this game. :thinking:

2 Likes

The doomsayers are the only people that deserve the imaginary horrible ToS they got.

So win win situation, really.

In your opinion which classes can’t compete without it?

Generally classes that focus on multi hit skills that have low base damage, such as SR and even doppel.

They both suck when undegeared but they get broken with over transcended gears.

1 Like

@Anarth already said it. Plus I’d like to add, especially since they removed the strike modifier your damage is pretty much stuck on low numbers if you don’t have a good weapon. You literally can’t compete with the other R8 classes when it comes to that. Transcendence (+Melstis) makes me able to cube on Blut/Nuaele, get #1 over the Ele3Wl2 in Earth Tower and etc, okay, that’s “good”, without Transcendence I think I would barely be able to do DPS on 21F Solmiki. It was fine on R7 but on R8 some things were balanced for Transcendence and all these new things.

Soo pretty much every class that does PVE?

Most classes follow the ‘multi-hit’ model…so really it just just a matter of balancing the content to not need transcendence.

PVP as it stands is just a ■■■■ show with trans in place, so just get rid of it and clean up the def and mdef formulas.

I can’t think of a ‘high damage, low hits’ class that is viable in ET or end game content…

1 Like

I agree that’s mostly a PvE issue but balancing the content only wouldn’t solve many things, both needs to be balanced.

Although lot of people thinks “SR is the best multi-hit dealing class” the hits are actually pretty slow compared to most other classes, you’re limited to 33 hits per 10 seconds (around ~50-60 if you can use Limacon) and that’s bound to Melstis because you have high downtime otherwise.

But a class shouldn’t balanced based on Melstis nor said “SR is OP because Retreat Shot on Melstis”.

The problem is when you do low damage and low hits (SR) and cooldowns are too high. You have 10s to deal the best damage you can and anything can break your best skill. The only way you can make it really viable for Solmiki, PvP and bossing at the moment is pushing the most damage you can. As well SRs and some other classes can’t even use Nuaeles (loses a great amount of damage) nor shields properly (stance limitation+can’t auto swap), also don’t have any viable CC and in most of cases can’t be a CON build, the only way to progress is through damage.

Nerfing everything else isn’t the solution but if you have skills designed or changed to be balanced around transcendence and adjust transcendence, you should as well adjust the skills. Example: Marching Fire, no Enhance attribute.

33 hits per second??? isn’t that super fast o.o"

Fixed. Per skill cast -> 10 seconds. 3 hits per seconds, I’m sleepy >.<

Also, that’s assuming your target is stopped on your range without moving at all nor desync’ing. You’re not receiving any attack and have a wall. As well that you don’t get any knockdown/knockback.

3 hits per second is about the norm isn’t it for channeled skill?

Am I missing something here? Which channeled skill is faster than 3 hits per second? I’m aware that cyclone is now faster than 3 hits per second since they got the 33% atk speed boost.

It isn’t a channeled skill. It’s a buff.

Retreat Shot skill mechanic is good. If you look at it alone.

Not if you consider 33 hits in 10s, 3 hits per second with 40s cooldown with low damage. Plus only one R8 skill designed to work with Transcendence. Also you are limited to have the monster not moving nor you and lose a good part of the buff duration by a good amount of things.

Plus depends with what would you compare. If you compare with other classes main skills, the damage would be too low without Transcendence for SR 3 and others.

As well, if you look at the PvP issue. Missile Hole simply breaks anything SR can do if you can’t do enough damage to kill the Sage between Missile Hole casts. As well the bug of hit count was fixed.

Although I don’t agree with Transcendence on how it is. It is good to have a way to make your class viable if you put effort and time on it. As well to make your weapon good without relying on RNG (+15 or so with anvils).

1 Like

Even though it’s a buff it works really similar to other channeled skills for example rush.

Rush is 10s duration, 3 hits per second and also 40s cooldown (and low damage). During that time you can’t even use a potion lol. At least you can use limacon which is pretty cool!!

And you can use marching fire during the cooldown which is also cool.

Without transcendence, which classes do you think would out DPS you in ET?